Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Cant wait for the beers but is it possible to get home on the same timeline

I have just got a job for 11 am Saturday:eek:

Need to be fresh so i might not drink at this:mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So... everyone knows how to find my house do they?
    the-cabin-in-the-woods05.jpg

If you get lost just ask one of the locals...
    deliverance-remake.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    So... everyone knows how to find my house do they?
    the-cabin-in-the-woods05.jpg

If you get lost just ask one of the locals...
    deliverance-remake.jpg
    Any chance you can pm em again , and possibly a phone number for the inevitable ," where the hell am I " call;).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anybody want me to bring anything tonight? Any controllers or games required?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Anybody want me to bring anything tonight? Any controllers or games required?
    Gc controllers, a loan of a decent dc av cable, I'd be happy to trade a DC vga box for one.

Gc controllers, a loan of a decent dc av cable, I'd be happy to trade a DC vga box for one.
    Ive an rgb scart one here if its any use

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Dr Bob wrote: »
    Ive an rgb scart one here if its any use

We might be able to convert him :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    We might be able to convert him :)

CiderPAL >>> CiderNTSC.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

True. His evil PAL RF powers are too strong even for me.

• Advertisement

Am I picking up Sparks and Dino?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Any word on o1s1n, paddy powers have him at 2/1 he'll fall foul of the dread rule of EN

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Any word on o1s1n, paddy powers have him at 2/1 he'll fall foul of the dread rule of EN

:( I'm currently in bed surrounded by tissues.

Get your mind out of the gutter!

Am I picking up Sparks and Dino?

Yes please what time?

Sparks43 wrote: »

Yes please what time?
    Working on it, probably 7

I'll hopefully have time to get into the attic to get the Gamecube.
    o1s1n wrote: »
    :( I'm currently in bed surrounded by tissues.

That's one hell of a power ****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Do you want me to bring a gamecube for this mad folly of yours?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Yes please what time?

Retr0 is picking me up a little after 19.30, so if you can make your way to Dinorex Heights for that time it would be great. You have my digits?

Cool does Cidey know?

Why, yes, yes I do....
    Now, Judasday Beers.... Is this a pants optional night or not?
    Maybe both!

right , on the way now!

• Advertisement

Anyone want anything in Ikea? We may or may not have ended up here by accident.

cheers for the great night! , (and the gaming goodness cidey)

Wonderful evening as ever.

8 player Mario LAN - I think we can basically shut this forum down now, as the dream has been realised. Serious lulz at the mass Rainbow Road rage quit.

Thanks again to ciderman for hosing and nice to meet you all again! Also thanks to mr. Ultimate for the chocolate and thanks (I think) to dr bob for rise of the robots.

8 player Mario LAN - I think we can basically shut this forum down now, as the dream has been realised. Serious lulz at the mass Rainbow Road rage quit.

You's quite? I knew you guys had all finished too early :)

Great night as usual ciderman!

Great thanks to all those who braved North Co Dublin, my lousy directions, hungry locals and the threat of having to play Sparks Videopac to come to the party last night.

8 player LAN Mario Kart was epic, albeit short lived due to a foolish attempt at the Rainbow Road :(
    DrBobs Atari was unexpectedly awesome!
    Dino's WiiU was very nice and I WANT!

Much thanks goes to my better half who facilitated the mayhem with food and understanding of the need to discuss the attributes of retrogaming at 1am at high volume!

Also, thanks goes to my son, Jack, in his Christmas Assassins Creed Onsie!

Zc0px.jpg

This is going to sound crazy, but did someone pick up my car keys last night?
    They have gone AWOL!
    They may yet turn up but I have turned the house inside out to no avail.... :(

I'll check inside my GameCube.

Did you check your shoes? When I lose something, sometimes it turns up in my shoes.

I'm wearing my shoes, no suspicious pain when walking to indicate a state of keys within them, so I'm guessing they're not there......

• Advertisement

They turned up dangling from the ignition of my car... Dumb ass....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Thanks to Cidonadude for a fun night. Was really excited about the Wii U, was not let down.
    Really want one now, might have to send a second letter to Santy asking for an alternatie gift.

Master of the Universe

Great to see you got 8 player Mario Kart going! how did that work? Two gamecubes?

Great to see you got 8 player Mario Kart going! how did that work? Two gamecubes?

2 Gamecubes, Retro's parents internet router lots of finger crossing and an intervention by the J-man himself.

Master of the Universe

You can link Gamecubes together via a router? Hah! That's amazing. Fair play chaps - who won???

I trashed them in Baby Park and I think Retro won on Rainbow Road.
    It was the culmination of several attempts over the last few beers.

Not sure who won but there was great competition between the 7th and 8th position karts.
    Interesting factoid for those who weren't there, you can't select kart, driver or passenger in the LAN game, it gets assigned randomly.
    Why is this important?
    Well, obviously, if the wrong person gets her you wind up hearing that damned "I'm Daisy" sample over and over and over and over........

Excuse me but I came 1st in the first match and 2nd on rainbow road!

Excuse me but I came 1st in the first match and 2nd on rainbow road!

slowclap.gif

• Advertisement

I came 3rd on Rainbow Road!

ani079.gif

More like Rainbow Plummet if you ask me!
    It was bizarre, you'd fall off the road 4 times in 30 seconds, with the restarts as usual but still maintain position because everyone else was busy falling off too!

There was definitely an advantage on the 29" TV, the poor shlubs on the portable had no chance, staring into a quarter of the 14" screen!

Wait until you see the Nights level in Sonic Racing Transformed. The whole thing looks like when the WiiU wasn't working on your TV.

That Nights level is amazing. Its pretty much the whole game in one kart racing track!

Master of the Universe

you lads up for coming to mine sometime in January? On the plus side, I cant really rule of enternow my own house!

you lads up for coming to mine sometime in January? On the plus side, I cant really rule of enternow my own house!

The house that spawned many memes! Sounds good!

• Advertisement

I just want to see this pantry.

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just want to see this pantry.

Prepare to be disappoint :( It's not so much a pantry as it is a small room with some shelves and a door to the back garden.

You can thank the Pyongster for blowing that one out of proportion :pac:

The gold wallpaper on the other hand though is a sight to behold. You'll instantly feel 100 times classier. Everyone is to bring smoking jackets and a brandy glass.

Will try to clear a date with the missus. Also have Enternow booked in for a bit of maintenance on the cab, so It'll be sometime after that.

/edit - just to note, it's really easy to get here. I don't live in the sticks. 130 from Abbey street and you'll be here in about 10 minutes.

If anyone is around next Friday or Saturday them I'm happy to host again. My flatmate is currently in Canada.

I'll be out with old school friends that night so can't make friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

^ won't be able to go either
    staying in Limerick, hoping to organize dinner with my bffs since I couldn't before Christmas
    But will be seeing the pantry in January

• Advertisement
Advertisement