Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, is everyone going to O1s1ns on Friday night?
    Or is it going to be me and Monkeykube?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

ah its this friday? , grand thought I'd missed it. yeah I'm up .I'll probably end up driving mind you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

If it's still on I will head down to see the pantry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah I should be there anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yes. Friday. I will be there.

It is so on that things have become very much like the donkey kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Good stuff! :) Would 8pm suit folk?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Pantry party 8pm o1s1n's place... pants optional....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Balls im Fishing on friday :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hey, no problem, bring your fish, your balls too, if you must!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm all set to go Friday, looking forward to it
    Sparks43 wrote: »
    Balls im Fishing on friday :mad:
    but who will talk about Boulderdash!?

I can just get a mp3 file of him saying how great it is, pop it into a loop on Youtube, then put it on in the background, job done!
    The rest of us can play Repton in peace!

Dunno if I'll make it or not. Had a look at my rota in work and I'm in until 9.15pm on Friday and then in at 8.45am on Saturday :(

But, the pantry.... Shirley you won't miss the pantry!
    I'm working too, on til 8.30pm, off the next day though so not quite the same!

Master of the Universe

Dunno if I'll make it or not. Had a look at my rota in work and I'm in until 9.15pm on Friday and then in at 8.45am on Saturday :(

Change the rota. Or quit your job. You know what's important in life :pac:

I'll try swap and do a late shift on Saturday! If not I can still probably pop along for a couple of hours.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Address and directions sent out for tomorrow evening.

If anyone else wants to come along, give me a shout :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll be going if you can PM me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    Address and directions sent out for tomorrow evening.

If anyone else wants to come along, give me a shout :)

Where are you located again?

I going to be attending straight from work, so I shall be wearing pants.
    Also, any stains on my clothes may be bodily fluids, just not my bodily fluids...

Will the valet be on tomorrow?
    Will he be parking the cars?

Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll be going if you can PM me.
    Achilles wrote: »
    Where are you located again?

pmed :)
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I going to be attending straight from work, so I shall be wearing pants.
    Also, any stains on my clothes may be bodily fluids, just not my bodily fluids...

Will the valet be on tomorrow?
    Will he be parking the cars?

No valet unfortunately. I'm sure pdhpp will glady take your car for a spin around the block though :p

It may come back with an ATM attached to the bonnet.

• Advertisement

He still hasn't gotten over the Game closures and lack of ramraiding options.... plus there's all that HMV security tape that he bought on eBay... useless now :(

Bus to your place from Amien St... got a voucher for a pamper package in a barber's there too so when I arrive I'll be freshly cut and shaved.

See? I go all out...

Don't upset if no one notices, I chase the field mice out of my beard for these things and no one ever clocks it :(

But, be assured that in the main, we are a more hygienic crowd than the folk on the Sega forum, poor lonely stinky b@stards to a man....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't upset if no one notices, I chase the field mice out of my beard for these things and no one ever clocks it :(

But, be assured that in the main, we are a more hygienic crowd than the folk on the Sega forum, poor lonely stinky b@stards to a man....

I ****ing love my Sega Dreamcast!!!

Shenmue 3 Sega... wait... erh... *sniffs armpits*.

Ohh...

I'm still not sure if I'll be there so expect me if you see me!

I've never been to one of these before and I already know to hide my booze from ya...

Master of the Universe

I had a word with your boss, he said it's all good and you can head along.

He also said stop messaging his wife.

I had a word with your boss, he said it's all good and you can head along.

He also said stop massaging his wife.

Fixed!

Oh, I'll bring along Shock Troopers, The MVS 111in1 cart and I'll pop in the Famicom, I have a nice little Shmup heavy collection going on there.
    It is just the MVS multicart you need over, not the board as well? It's fairly bulky and if you don't need it I'd rather not lump it over!

Master of the Universe

Yep, the cart is all we need. Have a 1 slot in the cab waiting :)

Wouldn't mind having a bash of the Famicom!

• Advertisement

It is a little buzzy and has a small bit of the onscreen lines that so often happens with AV modding but other than that it's gold, I've got the following for it,
    Gradius, Gradius II, Salamander (Lifeforce via adapter), Commando, Tiger Heli, SMB, SMB2, SMB3, Balloon Fight (needs cleaning), Star Force, Twinbee and 1943.
    Both controllers are working so bobs your uncle!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Will I bring the majestic CDi?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Will I bring the majestic CDi?
    Yes! Yes! Yes!

NOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, you countered with a WWE video clip..... says it all really....

I countered with 10 hours of positivity!

• Advertisement

10 hours of a 'roid soaked twonk saying "Yes", oh dear, how broken you really are....

Must start an A&R CDi Owners Support Fund, to help pay for the painful de-programming and constant rectal probing required to bring CDi owners to their senses.
    Associated charities include, The A&R Obsessive Compulsive Boulder Dash Disorder Treatment Fund and the Care for the Impoverished Japansese Shmup Owners Fund.

We were going to set up a drying out clinic for Atavan but he likes being that way, so why go to the trouble?

Anybody interested in me bringing a region free Dreamcast with games?

Master of the Universe

I have two Dreamcasts here already - games would be great though! Most of the games I have are Shmups. Do you have Powerstone or are other good multiplayer games?

We can play the Ring!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sera wrote: »
    We can play the Ring!

You okay, lady?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

We need to find some new **** games!

Should make it out for a few hours. Saturday is an all day film-a-thon at JDIFF (who programmes films for 10.30 AM on a Saturday and Sunday morning?!), so might have to retire around last bus / first nightlink o'clock!

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »

You okay, lady?
    I know the 2 of them, they're my friends

If there us mame then retrogamer's Unconverted section has some quality Kusoge as does the Kusoge section at HG101:

http://www.hardcoregaming101.net/kusoge/kusoge00index.htm

I discovered Dino Rex in the retrogamer arcade section although another came strangely took the best left in the arcade spot.

We need to find some new **** games!
    we'll get out Sniper 2 and a farm sim

I have two Dreamcasts here already - games would be great though! Most of the games I have are Shmups. Do you have Powerstone or are other good multiplayer games?

If you have blank CDs then I have the game.

Multiplayer games that I can think of are Typing of the dead (which could be good for a laugh). MK Gold, Soul Calibur, Virtua Fighter 3tb, Street Fighter 3rd Strike, Ready To Rumble, Ready To Rumble Round 2, Sega Rally 2, V-Rally, Bleem for Tekken 3, Hydro Thunder, Worms Armageddon, Re-Volt, Chu Chu Rocket, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire (I dunno could be good for a laugh)...

That's all I can think of right now, they're all mostly two player (apart from Chu Chu) but they could be good for a laugh.

Powerstone
    +
    Dreamcast

• Advertisement
Advertisement