Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Alright alright I'll burn a erm... backup copy of Powerstone... unless anyone else has any copies? :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have the original, but may not be home after work.

Warning:

Powerstone 2
    +
    Dreamcast

I have my portable hard drive with me with... Dreamcast stuff on it. Somebody bring blank CDs! :P

Also CoinOps4 Xbox sitting here with me now in work tempting me to fire it up and play something. Only have two controllers with me though so if anyone has any Xbox controllers bring them with you!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

We need to find some new **** games!

Well, some poor unfortunate could bring their copy of Aliens Colon Marines!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, some poor unfortunate could bring their copy of Aliens Colon Marines!

My 360 is currently trying to red ring itself in anticipation :pac:

Ahh ****e just realised... should have brought my Dreamcast BBA with me if anyone fancied checking out PSO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I should be going after all. Need me to bring anything? I'll bring the chipped ps1 and a few blank discs, the famicom and the gamecube NR reader as I know you like your dev stuff o1s1n :P

Master of the Universe

Hey! Bring that Gamecube!!!! Would love to see it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

right , the law of beers is in full effect , more than likely wont be able to make it , (and I really wanted to compare pantrys!) have fun guys.

Master of the Universe

Awh! :( whatever it is, it's not as important !!!! :P

I have three screens running at once...trying to find a sound balance between them. It's sounds like a bloody arcade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Had really hoped to make it this one and finally put some strange faces to the strange names but alas my pass was been revoked :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

o1s1n wrote: »
    Awh! :( whatever it is, it's not as important !!!! :P

I have three screens running at once...trying to find a sound balance between them. It's sounds like a bloody arcade.

Get Sera or someone to take some pics of the cab and other setups in action. Just Photoshop out the dodgy looking folk. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm off to collect sarah. No CDi people will be glad to know but I brought a bunch of CD-Rs.

Ok, waiting on a 130 bus as we speak so should be there soon.

Got a bit side tracked by bumping into old work colleagues that dragged me against my will to a few pubs but I'm back on track now. :-)

Leaving now in a few minutes. Google maps better lead me in the right direction. But just watch out for any flares in case I get lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I think I will be heading down, anything I can bring along?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

So. What's happening at oisin's?

So. What's happening at oisin's?
    There's some MVS on the Neo Geo 25, there's some Powerstone on the DC.
    All good!
    Also some Famicom and Xbox hdd action!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

What time the prostitutes arriving at?

Can't believe I'm missing out on that freebie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,755 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Cheers o1s1n for hosting, that gold wallpaper lived up to expectations :) (insert 'like a sir. jpg) here. Sorry had to bolt early, especially since there were still many power-ups that needed stealing in NSMBU ;)

Just in the door now, thanks again to o1s1n for hosting!

P.s you have no liquor cabinet anymore.

Great night, turns out I'm better at collecting games than playing them, I know this based on the fact that I lost every game I played last night :(
    Great seeing everyone again, love the Neogeo 25!
    Thanks for being a great host O1s1n!

(and thanks for relieving me of the old man smell crisps! (no, not this old man!))

Worth the journey to see that cab, thanks again.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Worth the journey to see that cab, thanks again.
    Ugh my poor head...

Cheers for hosting o1s1n I had a great night and it was lovely to meet you all.

Master of the Universe

Thanks for dropping out everyone! Had a great night :)

Also great seeing the cab get so much use, must have been on for a solid straight 7 hours. By far the longest it's ever been on since I picked it up.

Atavan - I need that GC NR reader. Fancy swapping it for a drinks cabinet? :pac:

• Advertisement

He'd consider it if it was a fully stocked drinks cabinet.....

and a six pack of those Guinness crisps.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks for a great night o1s1n. Now I just have to convince my parents to let me get a SNK candy cab in the house.

Master of the Universe

Just polishing off those Guinness crisps now. They're really tasty! Cheers for hooking me up Cider :D
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Thanks for a great night o1s1n. Now I just have to convince my parents to let me get a SNK candy cab in the house.

Is she a strong woman? As long as you can get one into the house without her seeing then she's going to have a hard time moving it out :pac:

Atavan - I need that GC NR reader. Fancy swapping it for a drinks cabinet? :pac:

Throw in a bottle of sambuca, a Brazilian hooker and 5 minutes in a dark alley and we have a deal.

• Advertisement

Is she a strong woman? As long as you can get one into the house without her seeing then she's going to have a hard time moving it out :pac:

I think her hatred for games would give her the strength of a thousand men to lift it on her own :P

Although you may be in trouble if she can handle one of these.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTQrXYFZrqBTgz6NrUyjTqwcwVk7cuPy-WQl-QQCTP_QkR2O3I8kw
    It may be safer to soften her up to the idea, I going to try doing the same myself. I'm going to start a candy cab fund, it may take a while though.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Late thanks for having us over I was too lazy to reply on my mobile.
    Had a great time especially winning at Sonic :pac: and missed JSR so much, looking forward to the next beers

Master of the Universe

Thanks for coming. And thanks for the home made treats, ate them along with the Guinness crisps for brekky the following morning :D

Sera wrote: »
    Late thanks for having us over I was too lazy to reply on my mobile.
    Had a great time especially winning at Sonic :pac: and missed JSR so much, looking forward to the next beers

In my defense I couldn't see a damned thing on that screen. :-P

Undisputed power stone champ right here.

I think I hit you once:o

Achilles wrote: »

Excuses, excuses, Sera wiped the floor with ya:D

Thanks for coming. And thanks for the home made treats, ate them along with the Guinness crisps for brekky the following morning :D
    that's the most nutritious brecky ever, here's here I got it >link< if you ever want to make your own (best channel on yt for sweet stuff)
    Achilles wrote: »
    Even if it was true, what's your excuse for Sonic 2? :p

Sera wrote: »
    that's the most nutritious brecky ever, here's here I got it >link< if you ever want to make your own (best channel on yt for sweet stuff)

Even if it was true, what's your excuse for Sonic 2? :p

I forgot we had played that. Yeah I just suck balls in general thanks for reminding me.

• Advertisement

I'm happy to host the one in late March, might slip into April....
    Assuming folk don't mind the trek.
    e'll assume the weekend of the 17th is out!
    We're not playing Leprechaun all night!

My Mam's 60th is on the 15th of March and I've a 21st around lie 5th of April but any other weekend is fine

Woohoo!
    We're all going to have a combined Sera's mums 60th and a Beers!
    Does she have any single friends, for Atavan?

Maybe the 22nd of March then?
    This is a sketchy date, I don't think there's anything on that weekend.
    Will peeps be all partied out after the St Paddys weekend fessstee-val?

Master of the Universe

Would we have the makings of 10 player Saturn Bomberman between us?

Don't have any multitaps myself, but just checking them out now for prices.

I think I've three Saturn pads in the house at the moment.

Yup, I have a pad or two here, as well as Saturn Bomberman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Should also have a pad or two here...

It's grand for me, the next week I'll be visiting my aunt in the UK

So, Friday 22nd of March good for folk to get to mine?
    I should finally have the cab working, mostly, properly by then!

• Advertisement

Not sure, depends how early I have to babysit the next day, will find out tonight.

Advertisement