Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Sera wrote: »
    Not sure, depends how early I have to babysit the next day, will find out tonight.

I think Retr0 is old enough now for you to leave him on his own :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The night wouldn't be right without a feminine presence, and no, Retr0 in a frock is not the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The night wouldn't be right without a feminine presence, and no, Retr0 in a frock is not the same!

Yeah sera's the only thing stopping cho aniki live action re-enactments taking place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm still waiting for a good moment to break out the speedos and body oil.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Are we making a sling shot with them?
    Surely you are not suggesting turning up in a pair of budgie smugglers?
    Promise you'll at least do the decent thing and have your tan topped up first!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The glow from my TV gives me all the tan I need.

Okay, so Beers incoming, Friday next...
    Whose coming?
    And whose just excited? I ;)
    But, seriously, who can I count on to turn up and who is going to succumb to the Rule of EnterNow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Okay, so Beers incoming, Friday next...
    Whose coming?
    And whose just excited? I ;)
    But, seriously, who can I count on to turn up and who is going to succumb to the Rule of EnterNow?

Next Friday? Can I remote into the beers from Fuerteventura? :P

So, that's Achilles out, what about the rest of you?

I'll probably be out too. I'm in work till 9pm on Friday and then back in at 8.45am on Saturday.

• Advertisement

I'll probably be out too. I'm in work till 9pm on Friday and then back in at 8.45am on Saturday.

I thought I was going to be giving you the idea cab that evening? Bugger!

I thought I was going to be giving you the idea cab that evening? Bugger!

Yeah I know and I have half the trade waiting and all! Sure I can just pop over some other evening and collect it

If people prefer I can see about pushing this back to Friday 29th?
    Not seeing too much interest for this Friday, 22nd.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

If people prefer I can see about pushing this back to Friday 29th?
    Not seeing too much interest for this Friday, 22nd.....

Yeah that would be a Good Friday :D

Damn you and your religious holidays!
    So, it'll have to stay this Friday or a date in early April... Whose coming? And nothing smutty!

Id be happy with either

Although on the 29th we could play religious Videogames

Super 3d Noahs Ark anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_3D_Noah%27s_Ark

Master of the Universe

29th would be better for me too. I'd love to go on the 22nd but I'll be in work till 9pm :(

Would go if anyone else was heading out there that late. Otherwise add me to the 29th.

Well, i can't add a poll, but can I get an idea from everyone which is preferable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    29th would be better for me too. I'd love to go on the 22nd but I'll be in work till 9pm :(

Would go if anyone else was heading out there that late. Otherwise add me to the 29th.

Judging by your current bizarre dilemma, I'd be boarding the doors shut & staying put if I were you man :pac:

Well if o1s1n can make the 29th then go for that

Seeing as though i took one of the pics off the board yesterday, he could autograph it for me at the beers:D

• Advertisement

I'm off the weekend of the 29th so that'd be fine for me too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

No chance of me going next weekend I'm afraid, babysitting early Saturday, the beers would be over and I'd be straight on the bus like.
    Easter weekend is out too, I'm going to the UK with my mam to see relatives.
    Friday the 5th I've a 21st but could do the 6th if it was any good?

Ok then....
    This calls for bold type....

A&R Beers (and nrg drinks for me, and pepperami for Sparks) on the 29th of whatever month this is, as I have forgotten, oh yes, March!

I can't do the 6th I'm afraid, 29th is the best I can do....

image_thumb.png?imgmax=800

And the beer of choice for the 29th:D

So, where are we all regarding the 29th?
    She Who Must Be Obeyed has been informed (or rather the official request went in and was approved), I hope to have the cab up and running by then too!
    The usual array of chips, dips, boats'n hoes will be on display!

I'll be there without the ball and chain to go WILD!!! get the captain morgan's in!

I'll be there and I'll be square.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'll be there without the ball and chain to go WILD!!! get the captain morgan's in!

That's my line! :mad:

So, no Sera, we'll switch to cigars and brandy so.... Whose bring your smoking jackets...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Lol with comments like that I'm betting you'll be on a diet of 'palm and her five friends' for the next while. :P
    So, no Sera, we'll switch to cigars and brandy so.... Whose bring your smoking jackets...

Hmmm, what kind of cigar action goes on at these beers?

predator-big-dog.jpg

or

clinton-with-cigar.jpg

:pac:

**** completely forgot about this:eek:

Sorry lads but theres no way i can miss this:D

Cya friday for some Religious Rockford Rollickings

I'll be there without the ball and chain to go WILD!
    Didn't even know I wasn't going :confused:

Sera wrote: »
    Didn't even know I wasn't going :confused:

Oooooooooooh!

I'll be on my best behaviour then :(

• Advertisement

I'll be on my best behaviour then :(

How do you know sera will let you out now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Yes. I will be along.

Master of the Universe

I'll be there. Just need to sort a lift to the back o' beyond :)

Hay Cidy,
    where you based?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

urbanledge wrote: »
    Hay Cidy,
    where you based?

Have you ever seen deliverance?

• Advertisement

1175475919_28d7112c64.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Sorry to say I won't be able to make this one.....:(

Hope you all have a good time......:D and with Ciderman hosting I know you will.

See you at the next one.

urbanledge wrote: »
    1175475919_28d7112c64.jpg?v=0

Hey boy, how y'all get dat dere purdy picture dere. I was thinking of hangin dat in de out house, make it all fancy'n stuff....

As for where I live, about halfway between Swords and Ashbourne, not far from Kettles Country House, on the Rathbeale road.

Anyone need better directions?
    What's the story with lifts, are folk sorted?
    My cab pc is still being attended to :(
    Hopefully she'll pull through and be ready for action on Friday night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Anyone need better directions?
    What's the story with lifts, are folk sorted?
    My cab pc is still being attended to :(
    Hopefully she'll pull through and be ready for action on Friday night!

I'll probably come with Jean, so I'm sorted for a lift, but may need directions.

Can probably give a lift to anyone else out my way. Sparks? O1s1n?

Master of the Universe

Yes please! that would be great :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'm about 50 50 as to whether I can go.
    Ideally I'd leave the car at home (so I could actually have some beers at a beers for a change) but not sure thats a runner!

Well, I'm off the next day so there will be a bed and several couches available

• Advertisement
Advertisement