Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

DinoRex wrote: »
    So, is everyone still good for Friday?

Friday sounds good to me, who's hosting?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I don't know if I'll make this one, doing something earlier, might make it over later, if folk agree to have the Dinorex tourney done before I get there! That damn screeching! I can't get rid of it out of my mind!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That damn screeching! I can't get rid of it out of my mind!!!!

:pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Achilles wrote: »
    Friday sounds good to me, who's hosting?

Apparently it's just going to be you and DinoRex at this one.... cosy!

Apparently it's just going to be you and DinoRex at this one.... cosy!

Giggidy.

It's going to be a pants party!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Will kick this a little further down the road so...

How is May 10th for everyone?

'Tis a fine day English!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I thought it was tonight? I was baking and all last night

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Sera wrote: »
    I thought it was tonight? I was baking and all last night

I think it was till only 2 people confirmed they were going!
    My little fella is a bit sick at the moment so I cant go , 10th should be ok though (hopefully)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

10th isn't good for me, it's the night before my next game design project is due and I'll more than likely be pulling an all nighter trying to get rid of bugs.

I've Fight Like Apes next Friday (3rd) so after that I'm free

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    10th isn't good for me, it's the night before my next game design project is due and I'll more than likely be pulling an all nighter trying to get rid of bugs.

11th?

11th?

SATURDAY?!

Ohhh ok then. :-) Can you PM the directions to your place by any chance? Also is there any crash space? If not 'tis grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

You might remember a few weeks back I posted about a retro collecting documentary, it's nearly done now and the social side of things came up a lot - now feel free to tell me to feck off if you want - but would you mind me getting a few shots at the beers to show that social side of retro gaming - won't take long, and you can just do what you would have been doing otherwise - no interviews or anything like that. If it's ok with the host and a few of you, anyone else who wants to stay off camera can be kept out of the shots too.

You might remember a few weeks back I posted about a retro collecting documentary, it's nearly done now and the social side of things came up a lot - now feel free to tell me to feck off if you want - but would you mind me getting a few shots at the beers to show that social side of retro gaming - won't take long, and you can just do what you would have been doing otherwise - no interviews or anything like that. If it's ok with the host and a few of you, anyone else who wants to stay off camera can be kept out of the shots too.

Have you seen the meme thread? I wouldn't expect many volunteers for pics if I were you :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

EnterNow wrote: »
    Have you seen the meme thread? I wouldn't expect many volunteers for pics if I were you :pac:

Except for a few heads that have no shame! :D

I don't mind that at all. I'll even wear my Dreamcast t-shirt for posterity reasons... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone up for a beers in mine sometime soon? Have to christen this new cab!

• Advertisement

I'm free any time but have to check the weekend of my birthday (7th) we've a 20th anniversary mass for my great aunt but can't remember which day my cousin picked for it.
    Edit - and next week I've to mind my nephews the whole weekend

Sounds good alright, dates please!
    That way I can stock up on Guinness crisps!

Master of the Universe

Okay so, how about Friday the 31st as a prelim date? I don't have much on over the next few weeks so should be good to host whenever works for people.

No Guinness crisps no entry! :D

I think a quick prayer of remembrance for the Beers that never was in DinoRexs place, I'm sure it would have been the best, even with pants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Checking Diary.......

31st May.......

Clear

Check Tides.......

Check Fishing Reports..........

Clear

Can i be arsed to go........

Clear

Im in :D

Count me in!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Count me in!

Count me out!

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Count me out!

:p:p:p:p:p:p

Well then I'll have my own beers... With blackjack and hookers... Infact, screw the beers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Not to sure if I can go as the wife may be going off for the weekend leaving me with the kids...Also I may be to upset:(, as I may see something I like....., right ciderman.:p

as I may see something I like....., right ciderman.:p

Dude... gay...

Not to sure if I can go as the wife may be going off for the weekend leaving me with the kids...Also I may be to upset:(, as I may see something I like....., right ciderman.:p

I enjoy attention whenever I get it but this is, frankly, disturbs me!
    Are we talking Steel Battalion here?
    Is it Guinness crisps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Dude... gay...

Please do not say that was your first thought............if it is then what can I say.....:eek:

I enjoy attention whenever I get it but this is, frankly, disturbs me!
    Are we talking Steel Battalion here?
    Is it Guinness crisps?

You are both sick, sick people and that worries me:(....I in all my innocence meant "Steel Battalion Controller".

Good job I am unable to turn up then..

So, the Beers is confirmed for this Friday, yes?
    Gonna try to make this one, will have to get babysitter.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Who's hosting?

I would babysit for you but I'd be at the beers.

Who's hosting?

I would babysit for you but I'd be at the beers.

O1s1n is hosting, showing off the Pony

O1s1n is hosting, showing off the Pony

Is this some kind of innuendo? Can we not go one night without seeing o1s1n's bits?

Apparently not.
    He does say, however, that despite his pony being small, it is impressive and is worth quite a bit more than more typical ones.
    But apparently, once it's awakened it appeals to mostly men.... who sit in front of it and fiddle with it's knob..... so make of that what you will.

Either way, O1s1n is pretty pleased with it, and his better half thought it was "cool".

Go figure....

Do things differently in Clontarf apparently.... ;)

Master of the Universe

Apparently not.
    He does say, however, that despite his pony being small, it is impressive and is worth quite a bit more than more typical ones.
    But apparently, once it's awakened it appeals to mostly men.... who sit in front of it and fiddle with it's knob..... so make of that what you will.

Either way, O1s1n is pretty pleased with it, and his better half thought it was "cool".

Go figure....

Do things differently in Clontarf apparently.... ;)

My Pony may be small, but it has a 25 inch monitor. Isn't that what matters? All that monitor inch girth? :pac:

Yep, this Friday the 31st if folks are available. Ciderman - be there or be square. If you can't find a babysitter, bring the young lad along!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hear o1s1n has yet to experience the CDi. That will change come friday.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I hear o1s1n has yet to experience the CDi. That will change come friday.

Looks like I can't go...
    Unless Retr0 promises to leave that thing at home!

Tell you what, I can put drops of drain cleaner in his eyes,that'll have much the same experience of playing a CDi...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

The best thing about the CDi is "Burn:Cycle". And i don't mean the game itself(it's poo), i mean the green case :)

dsc2459b.jpg

• Advertisement

I have a cd in an orange case like that. Dance hits '98 or something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,753 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I was feeling extravagant one day in Tokyo so opted for a four-disc Chrono Trigger soundtrack. Came in a nifty neon-orange slipcase:

oggznn.jpg

I have a Bill Hicks cd in a nice greenish the cd case. That's kind of nice, plus there's jokes about Jebus, Buddha and Satan's cock, which is nice

Can we agree that if Retr0 whips his CDi out we got to beat him about the head with it?

Can we agree that if Retr0 whips his CDi out we got to beat him about the head with it?

Fairly sure that should be a given really

He's going to bring it anyways...
    It's Sera I feel sorry for....

So, what sort of crowd is going?

I'm going to have one next month maybe, include BBQ, give EnterNow plenty of notice so's there no excuses.
    Also, let Pdbhp's parole officer know, so mayhap he'll get out of stir in time for it!

I should be good to go.

Did someone say 'Super Scope'?

Master of the Universe

So, what sort of crowd is going?

I'm going to have one next month maybe, include BBQ, give EnterNow plenty of notice so's there no excuses.
    Also, let Pdbhp's parole officer know, so mayhap he'll get out of stir in time for it!

So far we have -

Ciderdude
    Retr0
    Sera
    Dinorex
    Atavan
    Achilles
    Sparks43
    Alpahaeagle (maybe)

Will Mr. Ultimate be attending? (I vaguely remember him saying he was I think?) Or is there an obscure black and white silent Japanese film on in the Lighthouse Friday evening? :D

The more the merrier anyway.

• Advertisement

Actually put me down as a maybe, might be heading off for the weekend with herself for the long weekend, nothing has been booked yet.

Advertisement