Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I will drop pdbhp a line, see if he good to go.
    Northsiders seem to rule the Beers thing round these forums, what up with dat?
    The only home I've been to over there is in Atavans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

It's pretty simple, Southsiders don't trust having Northsiders in their home :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Will Mr. Ultimate be attending? (I vaguely remember him saying he was I think?) Or is there an obscure black and white silent Japanese film on in the Lighthouse Friday evening? :D

Intend on heading alright, just always reluctant to make any definitive statements because of a certain darn rule!

And don't worry, it's next weekend Im ****ing off to London for a binge of obscure Japanese cinema, unless the Lighthouse announce a stealth Imamura season or something ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's pretty simple, Southsiders don't trust having Northsiders in their home :D

I had to hide the good china and use the guests only house last time you ruffians were over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

At least this time we don't have to worry about the local wild life that roams the streets up by CiDeRmAn's place:

OWhiVh5.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    At least this time we don't have to worry about the local wild life that roams the streets up by CiDeRmAn's place:

OWhiVh5.gif

Hey, can't the local mutant population go for an evening stroll, in the countryside, in the rain, apparently also in black and white.....

Also, heed the local rules

Keep your head, arms and other assorted body parts inside the vehicle at all times.

Please don't feed the locals (with other people's head, arms and assorted body parts)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

That looks disturbingly like the last few minutes of my drive to chez cider over christmas!
    I'll have to give this one a miss as I'll be down in Galway for the weekend.
    Hopefully make the next one though!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Where in the name of **** is that from?

I might be running late to this, I've been informed by my PM that I've to go to a meeting on friday and since my project companies name starts with a Z it's the last one of course.

Master of the Universe

But but but...the CDi! :(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Where in the name of **** is that from?

It's Xtro. If you've never seen it then say hello to your new favourite movie:

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Folks still interested in mine tomorrow evening? Or is it far too sunny to be sitting in doors playing videogames?

Edit - I've a big back garden if you all want to sit in the sun and drink cans instead :pac:

Historically we haven't been very good at BBQs... but Mrs. CiDeRmAn supplied some lovely ribs last time.

Master of the Universe

Unfortunately I don't have a BBQ :( But if someone wants to bring one feel free!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Folks still interested in mine tomorrow evening? Or is it far too sunny to be sitting in doors playing videogames?
    Yeah should be all going well.
    I'm just starting baking, did a practice for once during the week

Unfortunately I don't have a BBQ :( But if someone wants to bring one feel free!

Well, a couple of disposable ones and a pack or two of stuff from Iceland and we're laughing.
    Unfortunately I have spent all my money on Chronotrigger!
    Sure, we'll make do BBQ flavoured crisps instead!

Master of the Universe

Sera wrote: »
    Yeah should be all going well.
    I'm just starting baking, did a practice for once during the week

Practice baking? I'm intrigued! :)
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, a couple of disposable ones and a pack or two of stuff from Iceland and we're laughing.
    Unfortunately I have spent all my money on Chronotrigger!
    Sure, we'll make do BBQ flavoured crisps instead!

Guinness flavoured crisps, BBQ flavoured crisps - all we need now is videogame flavoured crisps and we're set!

Actually remember these? That's as close as you get to videogame crisps :pac:

Space_raiders_snack.jpg?timestamp=1252956757062

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I get my vitamin D from the glow of my monitor.

I'm still up for it.

I tried to host a BBQ once. We all ended up getting drunk and threw everything under the grill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Ugh I dunno if I want anymore sun I'm already burned >n<
    Practice baking? I'm intrigued! :)
    It's nothing fancy just biscuits but haven't made anything in ages so did a practice run, usually just wing it and do it the night before but wasn't busy this week.

Master of the Universe

One time we thought we'd wait for everyone to arrive before we put the food on.

Queue us drinking on empty stomachs, getting hammered and waking up to a fridge full of food.

We had so much food left over that we'd to ask everyone to bring some home the next day :(

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Sera wrote: »
    Ugh I dunno if I want anymore sun I'm already burned >n<
    It's nothing fancy just biscuits but haven't made anything in ages so did a practice run, usually just wing it and do it the night before but wasn't busy this week.

My belly is ready in anticipation :D

I have a half day tomorrow. Maybe I'll have time to make a Space Invader cake again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

No one has reminded me of any previous social commitment so looks like I'll be along! What time is kick off?

I was going to go the Asteroid 1998 QE2 watching beers, but those asteroid spotters are really pretentious and racist.

Master of the Universe

Oh yeah, never sorted a time! I think most folk turned up to the last one at 9pm? So I'll say 8pm but probably 9pm in reality :D

Excellent, should be able to sneak in a cinema trip between end of work and beers so ;)

I'll be there around 9pm, better half working to 8.30 so I'll be moving at speed then!
    What should pack?

I'll be there around 9pm, better half working to 8.30 so I'll be moving at speed then!
    What should pack?

Clean underwear and a toothbrush :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Still cant put much weight on my foot but i still hope to be there.

Going to be awkward to get down though.

At least i can be truely legless at this one :D

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Still cant put much weight on my foot but i still hope to be there.

Going to be awkward to get down though.

At least i can be truely legless at this one :D

I can collect your sorry ass later, if that's a help, heck, you'll have a qualified Clinical Nurse Manager with you, how much better can it get?
    Aside from not having a buggered up foot that is....

On a brighter note, I am not that kinda nurse, the broken foot kind, more the stop trying to kill me and eat your breakfast kinda nurse....

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Clean underwear and a toothbrush :)

If I find dirty underwear left behind I'm going to come looking for you :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I can collect your sorry ass later, if that's a help, heck, you'll have a qualified Clinical Nurse Manager with you, how much better can it get?
    Aside from not having a buggered up foot that is....

On a brighter note, I am not that kinda nurse, the broken foot kind, more the stop trying to kill me and eat your breakfast kinda nurse....

391687957905394.jpg

If I find dirty underwear left behind I'm going to come looking for you :pac:

I offer 10 euro for atavan's soiled undies.
    Have a buyer in Japan:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Steve SI wrote: »

Oh that's so wrong..... :D

Please don't sell my underwear :(

Steve SI wrote: »

I'll get you a few biohazard bags from work, just to be safe, also some gloves, coz ya never know....

• Advertisement

Oh that's so wrong..... :D
    15 Euro you reckon then?
    Please don't sell my underwear :(
    I'll cut you in for 10 percent.
    I'll get you a few biohazard bags from work, just to be safe, also some gloves, coz ya never know....
    Yeah, if you've something to seal in the "freshness" that would be cool. My buyers like the product as "fresh" as possible. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

So basically a hazmat suit is a must for future beers?

They're not going to use them on a Tokyo metro as a weapon of mass destruction?
    Is some nefarious lab there going to clone Atavan from his dried love custard?
    Is this a prelude to some pervert abducting Atavan and putting him to work as a sex slave in her personal dungeon? (actually he would quite like that one)

Or, are they really for Steve himself, we will know when he needs a second pair...

They're not going to use them on a Tokyo metro as a weapon of mass destruction?
    Is some nefarious lab there going to clone Atavan from his dried love custard?
    Is this a prelude to some pervert abducting Atavan and putting him to work as a sex slave in her personal dungeon? (actually he would quite like that one)

Or, are they really for Steve himself, we will know when he needs a second pair...

Nah, no terrorist plot. Just a Japanese man looking to rub himself down with the undies :) so nothing weird or anything :)

Want me to bring anything tonight (apart from my used undergarments)?

I'll be bringing the MegaCD and sonic CD and a few other bits probably. O1s1n i presume you have a set of megadrive 1 cables? I'll also be returning the arcade stick and road avenger to their respective owners!

• Advertisement

If anyone has a 3DS with Fire Emblem bring it along for street passing shenanigans that aren't on a street at all (but Nintendo don't need to know that)!

Anyone caught with a CDi or games for same will be made play Legend of the Dragoon all night.... You know who you are!

Cake has just entered the oven!

Cake has just entered the oven!

That cake is a lie!!!!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1rL5EWPOkJIpCrQRaP0fHP5DwLPgNlYiki_tONud_gJJb9aVi

I have
    NRG drinks (for me)
    Bags of Nachos (for all)
    Haribos (for all, but for me if I get to them first)
    Also, will bring both 3DS and Vita, as Vita gets jealous when 3DS gets out and it doesn't...

Any other things required, aside from an absence of body odour?

Any extra controllers for anything I should bring?

I'll dig out my Wavebird, just in case.

Master of the Universe

Any extra controllers for anything I should bring?

Dreamcast controllers and a copy of powerstone usually come in handy! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Only woke up after a nice long doze on the couch.

Looking forward to tonight and thankfully i will avoid the Rule of EnterNow :pac:

Cake was a failure. I'm going to blame my crappy oven.

• Advertisement
Advertisement