Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sera, we are expecting lots of tasty baked treats!
    You won't let us down, will you?

It depends on my horoscope rather it'll be a disaster or not lol joke. I'll see what I have, might have a practice at the weekend

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if the mysterious EnterNow will come along.... some say he doesn't exist, others that his Boards.ie user account is actually run by the NSA, still others maintain he is actually Gods representative, here on the A&R forum, a sort of Pope of Retrogaming.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I wonder if the mysterious EnterNow will come along.... some say he doesn't exist, others that his Boards.ie user account is actually run by the NSA, still others maintain he is actually Gods representative, here on the A&R forum, a sort of Pope of Retrogaming.....

Nothing so grandiose :o Being a Cmod, the amount of coke & hookers on hand is just too much to want to go to a beers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

you're just afraid I'll beat you at street fighter.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    you're just afraid I'll beat you at street fighter.

Ha! You all had your chance, twice :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »
    Ha! You all had your chance, twice :D

Imagine the pleasure of beating him again!
    Retr0 is so hard to shame, evident in his dress sense, we welcome all new opportunities to see him embarrassed.

Oh and NO CDi's will be welcome!!!!
    No Burn Cycle
    No sh1tty Zelda
    NO!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

All we know is... he's called The Stig EnterNow.

Well, all are welcome, more the merrier, we'll see if I have a 2 player CP for the AWSD by then, otherwise it'll be lonely kicks there instead :(

How about a podcast of the comparison of the Saturn originals of Sega Rally, Panzer Dragoon and Nights Vs their PS2 re-makes?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Saturn wins because of the controller and cool factor every time.

But, you haven't seen the PS2 versions yet, are you being a little premature?
    Yes, the Nights controller is great, but the Saturn controller was just ok, the US and original EU controller was downright awful.

Be gentle in your riposte, please!

• Advertisement

but the Saturn controller was just ok

da-fuq.jpg

So, everyone know where I live?
    Sorted for lifts?
    Wearing pants?
    Have their Companion Cube ready to go with?
    Not packed the CDi?
    Anyone remembered to pick Atavan up from the STD clinic?

If you can answer "Yes" to most of those, or grunt with a general nodding motion to at least one or two, I'll see you at mine on Friday evening.

No arseholery behaviour will be tolerated. (arseholery is a registered trademark of EnterNow)
    You do not want the social nightmare that is receiving a ban and a mod warning at a Beers! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Can't make it guys. Decided to take the missus out for a nice romantic meal for her birthday instead.

I know I know...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Achilles wrote: »
    Can't make it guys. Decided to take the missus out for a nice romantic meal for her birthday instead.

I know I know...

Sure just bring herself and the McDonalds along with you? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

So, everyone know where I live? No...
    Sorted for lifts? Yes
    Wearing pants? No???
    Have their Companion Cube ready to go with? Incinerated :(
    Not packed the CDi? Maybe...
    Anyone remembered to pick Atavan up from the STD clinic? They're keeping him in for scientific research.

If you can answer "Yes" to most of those, or grunt with a general nodding motion to at least one or two, I'll see you at mine on Friday evening. Phew, one yes! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Ya CDi all polished and ready for action :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Ya CDi all polished and ready for action :)

I'm out.

The CDi has been banned!
    There may be a tarpaulin covered ditch that could be used to host the CDi presentation.
    So that should free up Johnny U for attendance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Should be able to provide lifts from my neck of the woods for those who need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This Friday yeah? I shall bethere with my sexy tan sunburn.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The CDi has been banned!
    There may be a tarpaulin covered ditch that could be used to host the CDi presentation.
    So that should free up Johnny U for attendance!

CDi or not, afraid I cannot commit to attendance yet :(

The gamesroom is cooling down at last as the sun has gone away for a little bit.
    Conditions will continue to improve ahead of Fridays festivities.

If I do break out the Barbie,
    it'll be this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcSFgRIBy1W2x7i7vKNQsmmkzW61qeDwmZ9_Q3C7f2BBfp1Hi8tQ

not this
    barbie-jpg-barbie-31253122-353-432.jpg

And especially not this
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXIxQ7JByNHt3n2b8d0nx6t9rXXIHT_NWveUNV38EkrgtmewF-pw

I f folk want to bring sausages and other meat products to roast, please feel free and let me know.
    No vegetables though!
    The only veggies allowed at a BBQ are in coleslaw and potato salad, all others are an abomination.
    People carrying lettuce will be shot on sight.... you have been warned

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

What time do the festivities begin ?

I'm not allowed bring the CDi but nobody said anything about Gal Gun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'm not allowed bring the CDi but nobody said anything about Gal Gun.

Yes-Yes-Yes-WWE-Gif.gif

Well, re Galgun, my son is away on a holiday with his granny and Mrs Ciderman will be out with her friends so Saville it up to your hearts content.
    Is it region free though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Saville it up

Urban dictionary contender right here

Is it region free though?

Evil is always region free.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Rightio ,I should be in attendance .
    I can try and make my way to the ciddy centre that evening if anyones driving out from there and I could cadge a lift?
    (ideally if anyones coming through maynooth it'd be perfect)
    (helps if I post this in the right thread ...doh!)

Sounds great!
    I PM'd Pdbhp and sure maybe EnterNow might grace us with his presence!
    If directions are required pm me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hopefully the weather holds up for yee folks this Friday! One of these days I'll have to turn up to a meet again. Fooking cost to get there and back is the main stumbling block, and falling asleep on the drive back (not so bad unless you're doing the driving!).

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Hopefully the weather holds up for yee folks this Friday! One of these days I'll have to turn up to a meet again. Fooking cost to get there and back is the main stumbling block, and falling asleep on the drive back (not so bad unless you're doing the driving!).

I would hope that we'll have one of these at a more convenient location sometime, so those who have had to make journeys won't have to for a change.
    Make the likes of myself drive once and a while!
    If it's any consolation I'm working the following day, 7.45am to 8.45pm.
    Ah, sure I'll sleep when I'm dead!

Looking like nice weather for it.

Sparks, do you need a lift this evening?

It's off and on rain here, so hoping that the good weather holds up later!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

DinoRex wrote: »
    Looking like nice weather for it.

Sparks, do you need a lift this evening?

Probably be the best as it would save Cidey a trip out.

What time will i meet you at ?

Wasn't sure I could go to this but got new tyres for the car finally. Then the ATM swallowed my bank card. Great start to the day.

Don't worry, we'll make it all alright... a few games of Halo 3 and you'll wish it was only your bank card you had to worry about!

Seems they charged me for the money I didn't get from the ATM as well. Wonderful. Not like I've nothing else to do than queue in the bank for ages other than finish a game that's well into crunch time.

Seems they charged me for the money I didn't get from the ATM as well. Wonderful. Not like I've nothing else to do than queue in the bank for ages other than finish a game that's well into crunch time.

Well, glad to see the drama hasn't altered your priorities in any way!
    I'm getting a loan of Kerbdogs SNES rgb cable, just to see if its worth it, like the MD one has proved to be.

• Advertisement

I'm getting a loan of Kerbdogs SNES rgb cable, just to see if its worth it, like the MD one has proved to be.

Oh it will be, don't worry about that. Be prepared to convert all your cabling :)

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Probably be the best as it would save Cidey a trip out.

What time will i meet you at ?

Around 19.15? We can stop off for meat along the way.

You know nothing of the crunch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Just so you don't have to go raiding Kerbdog's cable collection :pac: -

It's worth it for every console which can output RGB - the step up in quality and clarity from composite will be the exact same in every case.

A few years ago I bought an RGB cable for every console I owned which supported it. It was a bit expensive (try finding an Atari Jagular RGB cable!!) but in the end it was seriously one of the best decision I ever made with regards to videogames.

Edit; by the way lads, I had no idea there was a beers on this evening. Only just back in the country - still a bit dazed from traveling. Have a good one :)

Around 19.15? We can stop off for meat along the way.

Ah you're swinging by leeson street so. Pick me up on the way, I should be finished my shift by then.

Aren't the top whoring hours on Leeson St. after 19.00?

Listen, I'm wondering if it's a good idea to go ahead and BBQ
    I know, I know you're disappointed, and the idea of a mouthful of juicy hot meat probably appealed to some, especially as it was to be outdoors....
    That said, I've got chicken and whatnot and going to stick them on the hob, so you won't go without...

Now, I know I'm likely to be misunderstood like this poor guy

Weather does seem to be very unpredictable.

Damn Irish Weather!!!!
    It's turning nice again but, well, I for one don't trust it, and Satan doesn't like it either, although he's busy in the kitchen, talking to Elvis and Cobain about nice ways to serve grouse.....

might have forgotten to take my Chlorpromazine this morning... 'scuse me for a while....

You know nothing of the crunch!

How dare he even speak of the crunch! He's never even been to the crunch!

What time should I be there at?

• Advertisement
Advertisement