Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

8pm seems to be the time to get here at....

PANTS ARE MANDATORY AND MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES !

It's something that shouldn't have to be said but I feel there are those that might need to be reminded!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

But wearing pants while playing Gal Gun surely defeats the purpose?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No one needs to embarrass themselves playing Galgun without wearing pants,
    perhaps that's how it's done in Balbriggan, perhaps that's how Galgun is supposed to be played,
    One handed, with a packet of tissues in easy reach.

You and Atavan are going to have a ball, or perhaps two, this evening with his Saville-ware DS game to complement your game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I picked up an awesome bit of fashion this evening that I shall be wearing.

Well, are you going to keep us in suspense until you walk in?
    Is Jean rolling her eyes up to heaven at your fashionista ways?
    Why haven't you appeared in one of those social columns where they interrogate the people about their €2,500 pair of jeans they're wearing up Grafton Street?

I'll keep it as a surprise to go along with Spark's one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got an awesome retro (Non-game related) tshirt in the post yesterday, and it'll be my attire tonight :D

And you're Micro is suitably clean and tidy, looking forward to it's new owner!

Pro tip: Never go clothes shoping after an argument where you've been called 'boring'

• Advertisement

DinoRex wrote: »
    Pro tip: Never go clothes shoping after an argument where you've been called 'boring'

I'm picturing you now dressed like Timmy Mallet on a particularly cheery day...

Perhaps a clown dressed by a colourblind transvestite, in the dark?

Otherwise known as a Wednesday at Dino's house!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

right , looks like I'm driving after all (might be a bit late as the missus has teh car and she's stuck in work ).If anyone needs anything last minute (DC controller , CDI etc) let me know..

Dr Bob wrote: »
    right , looks like I'm driving after all (might be a bit late as the missus has teh car and she's stuck in work ).If anyone needs anything last minute (DC controller , CDI etc) let me know..

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu4l2XaF7EnFYgTxENuYkWqGjh8mSXk7Mw7Sz_tLnT7RJf8vdp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'll bring westlife on the ps1 and a multitap for 4 player action.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I struggle to recall the last time, if ever, a good game was the centrepiece of a beers.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Burn:Cycle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

I will be getting the 7pm bus to sunnyside

Have a peek out for me about 7.15 if you can please Dino

If anyone has a PS Move it might be good to play Gal Gun the way it wsa meant to be played but with trousers

Sparks43 wrote: »
    I will be getting the 7pm bus to sunnyside

Have a peek out for me about 7.15 if you can please Dino

Will do! Will PM you my number as well just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

DinoRex wrote: »
    Will do! Will PM you my number as well just in case.

Phone knackered m8 but i will deffo be on the bus

Throwing Pikmin 3 in the bag at the same time 9 year old is throwing a tantrum

• Advertisement

Oh cidey, do you have a ps1 that can play imports?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If anyone has a PS Move it might be good to play Gal Gun the way it wsa meant to be played but with trousers

I invested in one of those marvelous devices...
    Ah, who am I kidding!

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Phone knackered m8 but i will deffo be on the bus

Throwing Pikmin 3 in the bag at the same time 9 year old is throwing a tantrum

Well my doorbell also works.

Oh cidey, do you have a ps1 that can play imports?

Yep,
    Both the PS and PS2 can run all region games.
    You didn't import that infernal game did you?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yep,
    Both the PS and PS2 can run all region games.
    You didn't import that infernal game did you?

Westlife? No I didn't!

How are the roads looking out there? Pretty flooded here.

Fine, just heading back from Ashbourne after a run to buy dip and cider, lashing rain but no flood, Mrs Ciderman drove from The Naul, no issues there either.

Just to show just how retro I am, I'm cruising home, listening to S'Express, on cassette, a cassette I bought in 1991!
    Now, that was a good year!

right , on my way now.hopefully I can remember how to get to chez cider!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Don't worry about the floods, you're up in attic after all. Hope everybody has a great night and Atavan keeps his underpants on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Have fun guyz and galz!

• Advertisement

Thanks kindly for having us over Ciderman!
    I'd a great evening!

Big thanks to everyone who came this evening, apparently it was due to Gal*gun, thanks to everyone who attended the Beers in mine as well!

I believe everyone at Cidermans will be purchasing Gal*Gun from playasia now. I think you all agree it was fantastic.

Thanks for having us over ciderdude.

PS, shane knows too much about westlife.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    PS, shane knows too much about westlife.

Don't you mean Bum knows way too much about Westlife?

And who is this "Shane" person anyway, there is only Atavan, Atavan Halen (aka Bum)!

Don't be hatin' because you don't know cians birthday.

Thanks again for hosting mr ciderman! Definitely going to track down sega rally on the ps2 now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Thanks for having us over Ciderman, enjoyable night and good to put faces to the names. The less said about a particular niche PS3 game the better :)

Now that the NSA has ready access to my PS3 hdd I don't expect to be allowed into the States anytime soon.
    Also I think none of you will be permitted to work in childcare any time soon.

thanks for having us cidey!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Thanks for much for having us over again Cidey and for the old coins too <3!
    I'm raging I spent too long on Animal Crossing and missed out on Nights, at least GalGun was made up for it kinda.
    Still laughing at Westlife, it was worst than I thought it would be.

• Advertisement

Sera wrote: »
    Thanks for much for having us over again Cidey and for the old coins too <3!
    I'm raging I spent too long on Animal Crossing and missed out on Nights, at least GalGun was made up for it kinda.
    Still laughing at Westlife, it was worst than I thought it would be.

Sh1te, you never played Nights on the PS2!
    Retr0 did and he seemed to like it although the controller is a bit weird!
    There's always a next time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I brought the missus to a fancy restaurant and proposed to her (she said yes!).

So as much as I love social gaming events this took precedence! :-)

Achilles wrote: »
    Sorry I couldn't make it guys. I brought the missus to a fancy restaurant and proposed to her (she said yes!).

Congrats dude!

There must be something in the water, everyone's Getting married!

I brought the missus to a fancy restaurant and proposed to her (she said yes!).
    Congratulations! There must be something in the air, few engagements happening lately :3

Edit : Hobbit got there first! lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Congratulations! There must be something in the air, few engagements happening lately :3

Love? :-)

Love? :-)

Madness.

• Advertisement

Well done, congratulations, wonderful news!

Why Sera!!!
    Any breaking news???

Why Sera!!!
    Any breaking news???
    No news with me lol.
    Saw someone was engaged on Facebook I think it was lately anyway

So thats marriage in the air for Sparks and O1s1n.... such a beautiful world..... sniffle... no, don't mind me, no I'm not crying, it's just a bit of dust.... sniffle....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So thats marriage in the air for Sparks and O1s1n.... such a beautiful world..... sniffle... no, don't mind me, no I'm not crying, it's just a bit of dust.... sniffle....

I'm marrying Sparks now?!

Guess I could do worse :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement