Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm marrying Sparks now?!

Guess I could do worse :D

It's the third person in the marriage bed, in the form of Boulder Dash that I'd find hard to live with.

And regarding your own engagement, make sure she signs a pre-nup regarding the cabs, she can have the kids, the dog, the car but not the cabs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

How is Friday the 23rd for everyone?

It will be my last weekend in the old place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This month is just all bad for me. I've to get this app finished this month.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    This month is just all bad for me. I've to get this app finished this month.

Plus, they have to find a place to dispose of the sound guys corpse....

Not sure if I can make it, will look at the situation closer to the time.

Is the 23rd going ahead??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Doesn't look like it.

Ok, although Thomas St is up, running and serves alcohol, I'm planning a Beers in mine, unless someone else would like to host this time.

I'm thinking towards the end of the month, or early in October.

Up to you.

Unless, like I said, someone else has an idea to host one, perhaps something more accessible to everyone.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Ok, although Thomas St is up, running and serves alcohol, I'm planning a Beers in mine, unless someone else would like to host this time.

I'm thinking towards the end of the month, or early in October.

Up to you.

Unless, like I said, someone else has an idea to host one, perhaps something more accessible to everyone.

Is it your place that's out in the middle of a field in Meath?

I could probably do a small one at my new place by Darndale. Maybe another Halloween one like last year towards the end of October.

I was thinking of holding a retro themed gaming party for friends recently so I wouldn't mind hosting one of these.

Then again I have no idea how central / easy to get to Monkstown is for people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Hopefully Retro won't be as busy, I'd love to go to one.
    But would prefer Saturday to Friday, unless I've enough notice to get off earlier from work, I'd have to get a shower and then the bus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah Saturday I could make it aswell, spin up after work!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Any date suits me really so whenever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

DinoRex wrote: »
    I could probably do a small one at my new place by Darndale. Maybe another Halloween one like last year towards the end of October.

I would try to show my face at that one if it came off, only around the corner. Been flat out busy over the past 6 months:o

Well, if Dino is thinking of a get together at the end of October, I'll try to see what suits for this month, on a Saturday if people prefer.
    Maybe the 21st, I've a thing on the following Saturday.
    How does that sound to everyone?
    I'll have to consult with She Who Must Be Obeyed.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I'll try to see what suits for this month, on a Saturday if people prefer. Maybe the 21st, I've a thing on the following Saturday.
    How does that sound to everyone?
    Suits me, if it suits Retro, this weekend is the only bad time for me since my brother in law is 40 after that all is well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,890 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not sure about the 21st. I have to have everything handed in on the 20th but still have to organise the expo for the following week. I'll have to see.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm not sure about the 21st. I have to have everything handed in on the 20th but still have to organise the expo for the following week. I'll have to see.

Will it could be the following Saturday, I know I've a 40th to attend but I can't remember which Saturday its on.

I'm going to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance on the 21st, if I don't make sure my parents fall in love then I'll never be born!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I'm going to the Enchantment Under the Sea dance on the 21st, if I don't make sure my parents fall in love then I'll never be born!
    Great Scott!!

wM92v9om.jpg

You're going to have to snog your mum at some point....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

You're going to have to snog your mum at some point....

I find the light-hearted take on an incestuous relationship in that film ever so slightly disturbing!

Also the fact that they have the guy who tried to rape the mother in the 50s do odd jobs around their house in the 80s.

Master of the Universe

Also the fact that they have the guy who tried to rape the mother in the 50s do odd jobs around their house in the 80s.

Also, if you were Marty's dad, and as your son grows up, he looks more and more like the guy your wife was trying to bone back in highschool...

I really don't think 'hey! it's all a misunderstanding, we invented this time machine, see...' is going to hold up.

• Advertisement

I saw BTTF when it was rereleased eventually and I was delighted with how good it was/is.
    Really enjoyed it, may have soiled myself when they did the "We don't need roads" bit.

BTTF 2 is the best IMO. I just love the 80s idea of 2015.

Master of the Universe

It's a really great film. II & III are still enjoyable, but the original is leagues ahead I reckon.

Edit - my dad maintains to this day that he had that exact idea for a film before it came out. We always laugh at him whenever he says it and he gets all huffy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I've the BluRay BTTF trilogy, love love love those movies! II is my favourite, as I was simply amazed as a kid by how they had Marty not only go into the future, but back to 1955 and through (at the time) fantastic special effects, had both versions of him on screen at the same time!

ILM ruled the sfx roost in those days, produced some incredible stuff, from flying through an incomplete death star, battling the most fearsome dragon to levitating Deloreans.

Michael J Fox has an interesting new show on the way, a comedy about a newscaster making a comeback despite having parkinsons, looks quite funny.

• Advertisement

Michael J Fox has an interesting new show on the way, a comedy about a newscaster making a comeback despite having parkinsons, looks quite funny.

Have you seen who his wife is in it? Hank isn't happy!

4Kccijdm.jpg

Does she always wear purple in it?

How does Friday 20th or 27th sound?
    It's the only choices I have, can't do a Beers on a Saturday for various reasons.

How does Friday 20th or 27th sound?
    It's the only choices I have, can't do a Beers on a Saturday for various reasons.

This month?

That's what I'm thinking, this Friday would probably be ideal but it is short notice

I can do this Friday but the 27th would suit a little better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

27th good for me and my daughter.

Animal crossing is mandatory as she is bringing our 3ds.

Master of the Universe

Sparks43 wrote: »
    27th good for me and my daughter.

Animal crossing is mandatory as she is bringing our 3ds.

I scrolled down really quickly and for a moment though this was atavan's post :eek:

o1s1n wrote: »
    I scrolled down really quickly and for a moment though this was atavan's post :eek:

No, I'm not allowed have contact with my kids.

The 27th it is, come one, come all, even Atavans offspring, no Crazy Taxi jokes please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The 27th it is, come one, come all, even Atavans offspring, no Crazy Taxi jokes please.

Just saw this and thought of you: http://gameological.com/2013/09/youthful-indiscretions/

Is that really how low we have sank?
    Nostalgia for 90s music?
    And Crazy Taxi music at that?
    Say it ain't so!
    What next?
    Dr Alban?
    2 Unlimited?
    Hootie and the Blowfish?

Think of the children!

Think I'm good for the 27th.

I'm working Culture Night this Friday, so that was out.

Think I'm good for the 27th.

I'm working Culture Night this Friday, so that was out.

Grand, I'll book the strippers, you bring the suitcase of assorted pharmaceuticals

Could this be the Beers EnterNow attends?
    Can we dare to hope?

Sadly, still no 2 player cp on the AWSD
    Just raised I could have bought one for the price of the GTA5 thingy.

Bugger....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Won't be able to make this one, away next weekend. I must make it out to one soon though. There's always Christmas beers!

So, who's coming?

So, who's coming?

Tonight?!

I'll be going if it's the 27th.

It's on on the 27th, please no one arrive this evening, it's naked night in my house, no one else, just me... don't worry, I bring a towel with me for sitting on absorbent surfaces, gotta be hygienic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I should be around next week if this happens, there will be spare seats if anybodys needs a lift out or back from Clonshaugh/Coolock area.

Advertisement