Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'd love to head to this but I'm doing something on Thursday which may leave me hung over on Friday. We shall see!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can promise Guinness crisps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can promise Guinness crisps!

You do realise that's actually less appealing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You do realise that's actually less appealing.

No, O1s1n is a special kind of person, he actually likes the things.

Master of the Universe

Haha! I still don't get why everyone hates them, they're damn tasty :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll bring Guinness farts.

They taste better than the crisps.

Just an FYI, spice girls game will be making an appearance.

Just an FYI, spice girls game will be making an appearance.

Sure won't you have a Wii mini to play with!

Sure won't you have a Wii mini to play with!

Jaysis I had forgotten about that :P

Still, spice girls is non negotiable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Still, spice girls is non negotiable.
    tumblr_msxxi9nQPc1sra5ixo1_400.gif

That'll haunt my dreams tonight :(

So, are all good to go for tomorrow night?

I'll get the Guinness crisps in!
    It'll be like a salty Arthurs days all up in here! (to be read as if your dad has watched one to many Spike Lee movies (pre-2000, natch))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Is this still going ahead tomorrow? I'm not working Saturday so I can still make it.

Yeah, we are ready to rock, should be a blast

Pdbhp is incoming!
    Come on EnterNow, make an appearance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Need a lift out and back but myself and my soon to be 10 year old are ready to go.

No CD-I or games for same will gain admittance,
    You have been warned!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Totally forgot about this, been too busy lately to think about anything else. I'll have to get my car insured tomorrow otherwise I won't be able to make it out.

Pity if I can't, I have a copy of INXS make my video that needs to be played.

Raging I won't see Pdbhp, really deva on missing out on the beers in general.
    As I said Friday's really awkward for me now and it isn't 100% Retr0 would have the car anyway, hopefully I'll get to go to the next one.

• Advertisement

Well, I can give lifts to you both if needed, it's only up the road
    won't be the same without you pair!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,725 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Off to Cork for the weekend, so enjoy folks. Although the Spice Girls will unlikely add to the enjoyment :)

The curse of EnterNow strikes :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ahh... I had forgotten about this and arranged to have a few beers with the old man.

Another time perhaps!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

I should be able to make it tonight......

Wont be able to say long...in work on Saturday @ 7am.:mad:

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Need a lift out and back but myself and my soon to be 10 year old are ready to go.

I will heading out and back, if that's any good to you.

Well, I can give lifts to you both if needed, it's only up the road
    won't be the same without you pair!
    Awh stop it'll be just as fun.
    If I had more notice yesterday I could have asked to get off earlier, by the time I get home it'd be an awful rush to get to Dublin and I'm not up for that even for a beers </3.
    Retr0 might take the lift though.

Sera wrote: »
    Awh stop it'll be just as fun.
    If I had more notice yesterday I could have asked to get off earlier, by the time I get home it'd be an awful rush to get to Dublin and I'm not up for that even for a beers </3.
    Retr0 might take the lift though.

Ah, life in the private sector... what a bummer....

Sure, I'll host one for Chrimbo so we'll surely see you at that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I'm coming.... Atavan is giving me a lift.......
    Might even bring the best/worst game ever. Wappy Dog. (google it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I've a gig to go to at 7.30, but will head out after that. Could be after 10 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

pdbhp wrote: »
    I'm coming.... Atavan is giving me a lift.......
    Might even bring the best/worst game ever. Wappy Dog. (google it)

Jaysis look who it is...the prodigal user. Welcome back, Tallafornia keepin' ya busy?

Tallafornia duties and constant tanning will keep anyone busy.
    Working too hard at the moment

I just looked up a review of Wappy Dog.

It's like Nintendogs only worse and for 3 year olds.

Kill it with fire.

Sure, I'll host one for Chrimbo so we'll surely see you at that
    I'm sure there'll be one between now and Christmas, Dino's doing a small one right? maybe Co1s or Atavan might have one in the meantime too.
    Tell Mrs Ciderman I was asking for her.

Achilles wrote: »
    I just looked up a review of Wappy Dog.

It's like Nintendogs only worse and for 3 year olds.

Kill it with fire.

It's for 5 year old girls..
    The reviews are mostly true about it and the noise from the dog is horrendous, looks great on the shelf though and at € 14.99 in Smyths it is well worth it for the collection.

• Advertisement

pdbhp wrote: »
    It's for 5 year old girls..
    The reviews are mostly true about it and the noise from the dog is horrendous, looks great on the shelf though and at € 14.99 in Smyths it is well worth it for the collection.

Worth it for the collection?

There are worse things you could collect I suppose... like dog**** and donkey tongues...

Ok, no excuses now O1s1n, I even bought in the Guinness crisps, sadly overlooked during Diageo Day.

Master of the Universe

Argh, as much as I'd love to, I'm still in work :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Ok, no excuses now O1s1n, I even bought in the Guinness crisps, sadly overlooked during Diageo Day.

Can you send me your exact location on google maps so we can find you tonight.

It's the house with the door!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    Argh, as much as I'd love to, I'm still in work :(

Well the strippers don't get here til 10, plenty of time, Monkeykube is picking up Sparks not to far from you, don't let us down, these crisps need eating and you're the only one who can do it!

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Can you send me your exact location on google maps so we can find you tonight.

I can't right now, but if you take the left after Kettles Country House on the Rathbeale Road, go up about a half mile, passing a garden centre on the right, give me a call then if you're still clueless.

SIRI here still remembers it. I can email you her co-ordinates.

Sparks, I just shared a post on facebook that only you should see

(emailing gave a strange a attachment.)

I will be home and in a retrogaming mood from 8pm, should be a blast, pizzas, nachos and sweets are on standby

I'm picking up Pdbhp at 8 so should be there around 8.30. Want me to bring anything or just a selection of random ****e?

play Spice Girls on my behalf Atavan

Sera wrote: »
    play Spice Girls on my behalf Atavan

I'll strap everyone down and force their eyes open and make them watch.

I'm picking up Sparks and then en route to Cidermans, see you soon.

I'll strap everyone down and force their eyes open and make them watch.

It was horrible, just horrible!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭coats

Thank you to everyone for making Kirsty so welcome. She had an absolute ball, especially to ciderman junior for playing club penguin with her and for her little birthday present, it is deeply appreciated, thank you all xxx

• Advertisement
Advertisement