Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Im sure you all know that Coats is my better half:eek:

One thing though...

Where on earth were the Guinness crisps:mad:

Thanks to Monkeykube for the lift and thanks to all for a Really great night .

Now time for bed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

coats wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone for making Kirsty so welcome. She had an absolute ball, especially to ciderman junior for playing club penguin with her and for her little birthday present, it is deeply appreciated, thank you all xxx

Your welcome, she was a delight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

coats wrote: »
    Thank you to everyone for making Kirsty so welcome. She had an absolute ball, especially to ciderman junior for playing club penguin with her and for her little birthday present, it is deeply appreciated, thank you all xxx

Hope she enjoys all the animal crossing fruit!

Just in the door myself. Thanks again for the host with the most and nice to meet yis all again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks again for another great night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Thanks Ciderman, another good night, must try to turn up more often. Congrats to Retro, just don't blow it all on CD-i games;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Another great night, Thanks Ciderman....Not many retro games been played.:pac: The highlight of the night was the 60 second game of Black ops 2 for the vita, I am still having nightmares :eek:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

thanks cidonadude for the hospitality. Can't believe I fouled up my street pass hits :( . Call of doody certiantly sucks hard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Seems that the Vita is best suited as a indie games platform, where games like Hot line Miami and Terraria shine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I never really found the Vita to be a must have purchase - however, thinking of Hotline Miami running on it :eek: want levels increasing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

How does the 26th grab people for a Halloween meet up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

DinoRex wrote: »
    How does the 26th grab people for a Halloween meet up?

By the ghoulies.

pjb52jn1.jpg

I'll have to see what happens, my better half is in Norway for a few days, might not be able to make it this time :(

I'm tied up the previous weekend. I think the only alternative dates could be the 25th or the 18th

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got a wedding on the 26th. :(

• Advertisement

Okay. So what suits best?

18th or the 25th?

Or we can leave off until the `1st or 2nd of November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Okay. So what suits best?
    18th or the 1st/2nd of November I guess because of Retro having the wedding

Yeah 25th wouldn't be great since I've a long drive to Longford the next day.

Did you decide on a date Dino?

I was wondering about this myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Just not November 23rd anyway, the Doctor Who 50th is on then.

Will we push it to the 2nd of November, then?

Will we push it to the 2nd of November, then?
    I guess it's cutting a bit close for this weekend, I said the 2nd suited me already so hopefully so it'll suit Retro

2nd sounds good to me, i'll have to consult my social secretary (aka She Who Must Be Obeyed)
    Is this a dressing up Beers, because I have a costume of "an aging gamer who wears innapropriate shirts to work" ready to go here!

It's a box social. Dress up your box!

Just do pre hazard suit gordon freeman.

2nd is good for me.

The 2nd it is then! Absolutely for sure this time!

VUMOQyu.jpg

Does Legend of Dragoon count as a horror game?

It's a box social. Dress up your box!

Tut, tut
    Didn't Atavan get into trouble for that kinda talk? ;)

Horror Games? Avatan needs to bring that Spice Girls game he bought recently so...

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Tut, tut
    Didn't Atavan get into trouble for that kinda talk? ;)

Poor Atavan...

itcZRNS.gif

I hope to get down to this, it's close enough to stumble home from.

Well so far it's either this or The Rocky Horror for me that night. Should we make it fancy dress for the laugh?

Master of the Universe

Achilles wrote: »
    Well so far it's either this or The Rocky Horror for me that night. Should we make it fancy dress for the laugh?

Please don't combine all of the above :(

What? I thought you always wanted to see me in a corset! :P

Nah if it was fancy dress I'd come as MJ Thriller Zombie.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Please don't combine all of the above :(
    this - but wouldn't mind a bit of fancy dress though, might throw on my dungarees and be Maria/Luigia lol

I'd be concerned any fancy dress would wind up on FB and hence on the office wall, all my authority p1ssing out the window along with it, I have to kick ass and take names Reggie Fils-Aime style you know!
    my_body_is_ready.png

Remember, it will be AFTER halloween.

Fancy dress may be odd.

Fancy dress may be odd.

Horror themed cosplay then?

• Advertisement

Horror themed cosplay then?

943225_10151637092119059_1181808906_n.jpg

Hmm, maybe not so....

Fancy dress may be odd.
    throw a big coat over it'll be grand

DYrfY.png

Master of the Universe

I don't know what it is about this one, but it managed to be both naff and cool in equal amounts.

street_of_rage_05_by_findenenmacil.jpg

It's probably that the wigs look dodgy and the setting isn't right, better to have a longer shot in a street, with neon, some apples in the ground, being attacked by a cross dressing lunatic, possibly Achilles in his Frank'n Furter costume.......

• Advertisement

possibly Achilles in his Frank'n Furter costume.......

Ohh is that how you've always thought of me?

I always knew there was something about you CiDeRmAn ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Achilles wrote: »
    Ohh is that how you've always thought of me?

I always knew there was something about you CiDeRmAn ;-)

Ever since I subscribed to your youtoobe channel, I just see you as a Power Ranger

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ever since I subscribed to your youtoobe channel, I just see you as a Power Ranger

I don't understand your meaning... I AM a Power Ranger...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »

I hope you mean that in the same sense as this:

SexyNedFlanders2.gif

and not this:

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ah here, you're picking on me? Ciderdude sees Achilles as a Frank'n'Furter, surely that warrants all the attention? :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement