Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Myrddin wrote: »
    Ah here, you're picking on me? Ciderdude sees Achilles as a Frank'n'Furter, surely that warrants all the attention? :D

Nah man, just an excuse to post a funny Simpsons pic. I had no idea what Cidey was on about anyway. :pac:

Those cosplay pics are, em, interesting. The face on the security gaurd is priceless (assuming he's not in costume too!).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Achilles had made reference to The Rocky Horror elsewhere, I was just referring to that.
    And the fact that isn't there a cross dressing boss in Bare Knuckle?
    Have no fear, I like the contents of such clothing with a quite a bit less penis.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't think I'm going to make this one lads and lassies.
    Something may change but, at this stage, seems unlikely :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

So who do we definitely have, then?

If you need directions then drop me a PM.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Me Sarah and maybe the CDi.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Me Sarah and maybe the CDi.

I'll allow that!

I also picked up a scary game this week that I'm not in any way familiar with.

Should be getting along now, but may need to see Enders Game first..... PM me directions to the new Dino-cave will you?
    What consoles do you have so I can find something to bring along?
    Is there anything I have that you want, and nothing sexual, that's what Retr0 is for!

Actually have all my consoles on display in the living room in the new place.

My PS3 handles all the PS2 and PS1 games, have a Saturn, N64, Gamebcube, CD32... think my Dreamcast is still on the fritz though.

managed to grab some halloween goodies this evening as they were clearing the shelves in Tesco. (They didn't seem too happy)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I've my Luigi hat in the bag, couldn't do anything for Halloween, let me have my moment.

My box is absolutely crap, wasn't sure if I was going, spent my free time going to the hairdressers and babysitting.
    I'll bring the mystery box game, maybe Trapt and Clocktower.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll need directions as well!

• Advertisement

It's at the Hilton Hotel across from Tesco Clare Hall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Giz a pm with the directions please! I might be there, not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

PM address and directions to me also.

@ Atavan, I might drive out, wanna lift??

pdbhp wrote: »
    PM address and directions to me also.

@ Atavan, I might drive out, wanna lift??

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going yet so will have to decline. Cheers though!

I'm not 100% sure if I'm going yet so will have to decline. Cheers though!

No probs, not sure myself as in the middle of a huge stocktake and don't know if I'm gonna be allowed leave today

Okay. PMed you all directions...

Ok only finishing work now, totally wrecked gonna sit this one out:(

I'm going to have to give it a miss too. Just home after a Stressful day of sale, angry customers and IT issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'm going to have to give it a miss too. Just home after a Stressful day of sale, angry customers and IT issues.

A regular day in retail so

• Advertisement

Thanks for a great evening Dino, aside from the extended Blue Stinger playthrough! What a sh1te game!

Myrddin wrote: »
    A regular day in retail so

No, Saturday customers are a different breed altogether!

Hope yis all had fun anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

No, Saturday customers are a different breed altogether!

True that :)

Q1UUWR1l.jpg

I would just like to state, for the record, that Retr0 can't draw for toffee

Many thanks for Dino having us over and even more thanks to Ciderdude for bringing us (thank Mrs Ciderdude for the treats).

Blue Stinger really gave me a headache.

Hope pdbhp can make the Christmas beers I missed out last time.
    Surprised we'd no Sparks, I rushed to finish the first chapter in the new Phoenix Wright expecting him there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Sorry I missed this but up to my neck atm

Dual destinies is amazing ,on second playthrough and its even better this time.

Well, we can start looking forward to the Christmas Beers now!
    Looks like it'll be a regular one though, don't think the cinema is going to work out :(
    That said, I will be looking for folk to let me know the dates preferred early, so we can avoid the majority of Xmas work p1ssups.

please - not a Friday! <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

DinoRex wrote: »
    Q1UUWR1l.jpg

tumblr_mvn7zvYopE1qhnszoo1_400.gif

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, we can start looking forward to the Christmas Beers now!
    Looks like it'll be a regular one though, don't think the cinema is going to work out :(
    That said, I will be looking for folk to let me know the dates preferred early, so we can avoid the majority of Xmas work p1ssups.

Any date suits me really.

Will I do the secret Santa again this year?

• Advertisement

Yeah, that was great fun last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Hi all. Used to be registered here as Pyongyang. Just saying hi... and lurking!

STG.Otaku wrote: »

In honour of the great man I have spent the last hour in the company of Muchi Muchi Pork, Pink Sweets and Under Defeat.
    It appears, however, that I still suck at these particular titles, lacking some jedi powers needed to play these without using infinite credits :(

Just spent an hour in the company of the man himself. Some amount of mint CIB jap games he has, retr0 would've creamed himself many times over. :pac: Also got to play Crisis Force on the Famicom, great little shooter with some amazing effects.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Also got to play Crisis Force on the Famicom, great little shooter with some amazing effects.

lkxosHp.jpg

112500!!

112500!!

Still exaggerating your score I see. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

So when are you releasing the new magazine?

:p

Sparks43 wrote: »
    So when are you releasing the new magazine?

:p

The new year. Too much going on to fit it in right now, but it is in progress and Wil Overton wil be doing the cover art again.

• Advertisement

The new year. Too much going on to fit it in right now, but it is in progress and Wil Overton wil be doing the cover art again.

Can you be convinced to come along to the Beers?
    It should be a blast,

Can I get some suggestions about the best date for the Xmas Beers then?
    I'm happy to host in my place, if people are fine with that.

I have a depressingly empty social calendar over the next month or so, so anyitome suits me.

The 20th and 21st are out for me. But think I'm otherwise clear.

I have a work doo to organise as well, but they should be able to work out, I'm thinking the first weekend in Dec, fri or sat, up to you.

Not Friday please, I won't be able to go it's way too much hassle.
    Any dates suit me but it depends on what suits Retr0 too

Righty ho, Dec 7th is the date for the Xmas beers, don't be a stranger, it'll be a blast.
    No CDi allowed, no Spicegirls or Boyzone/Westlife titles either, failure to comply will result in a forced play through of Superman 64.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Righty ho, Dec 7th is the date for the Xmas beers, don't be a stranger, it'll be a blast.
    No CDi allowed, no Spicegirls or Boyzone/Westlife titles either, failure to comply will result in a forced play through of Superman 64.

No mention of Britney's dance beat so I'll bring that. :P

what'll happen with the Secret Santa, will it be organized by then?

• Advertisement

Sera wrote: »
    what'll happen with the Secret Santa, will it be organized by then?

Yeah, going to close it off now and draw them tonight, to give a bit more time for getting gifts!

Advertisement