Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thought I had the night made with a chiptune version of "Last Christmas" by Wham, turns out the set includes a Baby Jesus-Tastic chiptune rendition of "Kidnap the Sandy Claws"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Monkeykube has been located and lift has been sorted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Grand. We'll be heading out that way at around 8 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Monkeykube has been located and lift has been sorted

Glad to hear he's not dead! :-P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Right. .curse strikes again....my little fella was pretty sick yesterday. ..a lot better today but not enough that I could go..sorry.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well, you'll be missed, look after that child of yours

Just baked something special. Got the recipe off 4Chan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

DinoRex wrote: »
    Just baked something special. Got the recipe off 4Chan.

Pedobread? :eek:

Hope everyone has a scandalously good time in Cider Town tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just leaving now so should be there in 20/30 mins.

• Advertisement

Just arrived home. Thanks for the night lads, was very enjoyable.

Thanks for hosting Ciderman!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Just about to hit the hay great night

Post more in morning

Thanks all for a perfect night

Just in the door about 10 minutes. Thanks a mill to Ciderman for hosting (hopefully you survive the morning!) and to retr0 for the present.

I will get better at DDR for the next one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Thanks for hosting Ciderdude! Had a fantastic evening. Your cab is stunning. Apologies in advance if there's any residual drool left of the control panel :pac:

And thanks everyone for being the usual awesome group of folks that you are. I have a complete sugar hangover this morning from those cakes, but damn it they were lovely :D

Thanks to everyone who came over last night.
    It was a blast.
    [shudder] Sadly I am forever scarred by the sight of Retr0 twerking.... [/shudder]
    Glad the cab got a work out, as did Under Defeat and, I can hardly so I will use it's Jap title Bare Knuckle 2 :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thanks again ciderman for being a great host and for everyone else that came along. I must apologise for my terrible DDR skills and my 'twerking'. I'm no Miley Cyrus.

• Advertisement

I don't think there was any chance that he was going to be mistaken for Ms Cyrus, plus he was wearing his boy clothes, which further destroyed the illusion.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well, you'll be missed, look after that child of yours
    cheers
    he had a chest infection that may or may not have been pnumonia!
    He's nearly back to himself now ...deffo going to be at the next beers btw!

I don't think there was any chance that he was going to be mistaken for Ms Cyrus, plus he was wearing his boy clothes, which further destroyed the illusion.

Twerking it like a pro...

20131208_012034.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Great night seeing everybody, it was time to go once I saw Retro lose the jumper, knew it going downhill from there. One hell of a twerker all the same:P

Was a good night.

Glad my unicorn poo turned out to be tasty... I'll be making that again.

kMz2XVpm.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Late posting, just back to Limo last night.
    Thanks so much for a great night and for us again.

Also thanks to my Secret Santa(s) for the fantastic pressies and to Mrs Ciderman for the cute light up elf.

Hey guys,

Whilst not an official Arcade and Retro forum only beers I am having a celebration for my 27th birthday party on Feb 1st for anyone that's interested.

The day will start off with some airsofting and will be following by a beer and gaming session back in my place.

If anybody is interested let me know and I'll send you an invite via Facebook or G+.

Would love to see some of you there!

Thanks.

Anamanguchi are playing in Dublin next Friday, there's still tickets if anyone wants to go

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/18775364-anamanaguchi-at-academy-2

logot.png

Sera wrote: »
    Anamanguchi are playing in Dublin next Friday, there's still tickets if anyone wants to go

Ohh that looks fun, you going yourself?

Achilles wrote: »
    Ohh that looks fun, you going yourself?
    I got my tickets in November lol, hoping Retr0 can go or I'll have to sell em

Perfect Blue is showing in the Lighthouse as well that evening... wonder if I can fit both in.

Hi all,

Beers in mine on Feb 1st at 8pm for my birthday, you're all welcome!

Location is here:
    http://binged.it/1fheOCd

Achilles wrote: »
    Hi all,

Beers in mine on Feb 1st at 8pm for my birthday, you're all welcome!

Location is here:
    http://binged.it/1fheOCd

Sorry man, can't make it, hope it goes well though !

Sera wrote: »

logot.png
    OMG it's tomorrow! can't wait

Well folks, it's now over 2 months since the last Beers, you're all probably growed up now and I probably wouldn't recognise you all it's been so long!
    Anyways, I'm thinking it's nearly Beers time once again and wondering what people are thinking for the next one.
    I can discuss one with the Chez Ciderman management (hint: Not me) but if, as discussed before, someone cares to host one a little closer to the poor suffering serfs on the Southside of the Liffey, I'd be happy to link up there.
    So, dates for meeting mates please!
    And locales as well.
    Who knows, the curse of Enternow/Myrddin may be finally confounded in 2014!!

• Advertisement

Well folks, it's now over 2 months since the last Beers, you're all probably growed up now and I probably wouldn't recognise you all it's been so long!
    Anyways, I'm thinking it's nearly Beers time once again and wondering what people are thinking for the next one.
    I can discuss one with the Chez Ciderman management (hint: Not me) but if, as discussed before, someone cares to host one a little closer to the poor suffering serfs on the Southside of the Liffey, I'd be happy to link up there.
    So, dates for meeting mates please!
    And locales as well.
    Who knows, the curse of Enternow/Myrddin may be finally confounded in 2014!!

I'm more than willing to host. I'm in the Monkstown area.

Not sure how out of the way that is for people.

I can't go if it's a Friday.
    Other than that it depends on Retro.
    I've a Confirmation coming up but it's a Friday, if it's verging into March than the 28th weekend is out for me, Kaizokukon is on in Cork.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Wekkends for me as well. I've 4 hours on the train on fridays home from bandit country.

Well, it looks like it'll be pushed into March then, and wanting to avoid Paddys weekend we are looking at either Saturday the 8th, 22nd or 29th.
    If I'm hosting any of those Saturdays are ok with me, gives me plenty of time to clean up after the last one!

I'm sure Atavans DDR skillz are razor sharp, while the rest of us flail about like a walrus on acieeeed!

I'll leave it there.

Well, it looks like it'll be pushed into March then, and wanting to avoid Paddys weekend we are looking at either Saturday the 8th, 22nd or 29th.
    Can't do the 29th, said in the last post and afaik Retr0 has a stag on the 23rd?
    8th seems good for us.

I'll speak to management and then we'll talk...

Things seem a bit quiet though, are peeps still interested in this sort of thing, or is it simply because it's the weekend?

Well its my 30th on the 6th April, so I'm going to make the effort to make the next one.

Also the fact KaizodWTFhdhwjdhjcfjdjkon is on in my homeland, I have no excuse but to meet up with the crew!

ACEEEEEEEEEEEEEED!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That last one was two months ago? you serious??? :eek:

I've a busy few weeks ahead but will do my best to make it out.

5tIQ2eo.jpg

Dayummmmn,
    So is it time to buy to tickets or will it be grand.? Have no idea how popular this event will be tbh!

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    5tIQ2eo.jpg

Dayummmmn,
    So is it time to buy to tickets or will it be grand.? Have no idea how popular this event will be tbh!
    I dunno how popular either since its the first year.
    Depends really, I would if you're only free to get tickets in person Saturday, Friday's quiet enough you should get away with it, if you're only doing Sunday it's the same.

Should be looking into accommodation soon myself.
    I usually prereg when I can,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

As usual I'll say I'll try my best but probably wont make it up

Unless anyone would be up for having on a sunday bank holiday evening? Just a thought, but with families and such probably wont suit many people

As usual I'll say I'll try my best but probably wont make it up

Unless anyone would be up for having on a sunday bank holiday evening? Just a thought, but with families and such probably wont suit many people

What date is that and how do other people feel about it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

17th of March I think

17th of March I think
    would I be able to get home Patrick's Day, I never traveled anywhere around that time. Might be a lot of hassle for me.

That weekend wouldn't work for me, as it happens, sorry

• Advertisement

I'm going to a gig on the 17th so it's a no from me for that date. Pretty much any other time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I will probably be around, don't mind rounding up the Northsiders if needs be. I still have them VHS Godzillas for Atavan, let's know if you set a date.

Having consulted with Mrs Ciderman the night of the 7th of March, a Friday, would seem to be the best choice, for me anyway if it's to be held here in mine.
    How does that suit people?
    It'll have been 3 months since the last one!
    Shocking!

Yeah. That might be the best date. Any weekend after that and a large amount of us will be away in Drangleic.

can't do Fridays, I'm asking for some days off soon, they'll be cranky enough as it is :( I'm out

• Advertisement
Advertisement