Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I didn't realise that some of you guys would be heading to Kaizokucon too.

Really want to meet Yohnny Young Bosch.

Anybody up for meeting up when down there for a few beers etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

MrVestek wrote: »
    I didn't realise that some of you guys would be heading to Kaizokucon too.

Really want to meet Yohnny Young Bosch.

Anybody up for meeting up when down there for a few beers etc?

but I was talking about it like twice at least. I'll be there and would be up for kinda beers. If everyone (waveform, Mr vestek and Dinorex are going afaik) goes on the Friday we can make a team for the pub quiz, I assume there's one, always is.

Sera wrote: »
    but I was talking about it like twice at least. I'll be there and would be up for kinda beers. If everyone (waveform, Mr vestek and Dinorex are going afaik) goes on the Friday we can make a team for the pub quiz, I assume there's one, always is.

Not sure I'd make it for the Friday as I'll be in work.

Ahh feck better book that day off.

Not sure I'd make it for the Friday as I'll be in work.

Ahh feck better book that day off.
    I'm hoping fingers crossed I can work up some time before then and with enough notice maybe won't be as cranky.
    I'm staying across the road with one of the girls, my tickets preordered too, it ends tomorrow afaik.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I can talk to She Who Must Be Obeyed and maybe move it to Saturday the 8th, how does that sound for everyone?
    Come on Mryddin, you know it makes sense!

"Just a reminder - Pre-reg closes tomorrow night, so if you haven't gotten your ticket yet, and don't want to brave the "pay-on-the-day" line, you can grab yours at http://kaizokucon.eventbee.com/

And if you haven't done so yet, you can also join the event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/272731686225102/?source=1 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

I'd say it would be worth pm'ing the Facebook admin asking if there's a table quiz.

If there isn't then you'd be putting the idea in their heads and they might organize one! :)

Moar info about tickets...

296351.png

I'm full of excitement tonight thinking about that weekend!

Must shleep now damnit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I can talk to She Who Must Be Obeyed and maybe move it to Saturday the 8th, how does that sound for everyone?
    Come on Mryddin, you know it makes sense!

8th would be out for me as my daughter has a Cubs night that day

7th fits perfect for myself but if it goes later (on fridays) then i can be sure that we will be there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

How about the 21st of March?
    I know it's a Fri again.

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    I'd say it would be worth pm'ing the Facebook admin asking if there's a table quiz.

If there isn't then you'd be putting the idea in their heads and they might organize one! :)
    I've been to cons since 07, every one had a table quiz on Friday bar the UK con that had it on Sunday

How about the 21st of March?
    I know it's a Fri again.
    Nope but it might suit others sure

This time I think if I'm hosting it'll have to be a Friday, Saturday this month is just too awkward :(

"Just a reminder - Pre-reg closes tomorrow night, so if you haven't gotten your ticket yet, and don't want to brave the "pay-on-the-day" line, you can grab yours at http://kaizokucon.eventbee.com/

And if you haven't done so yet, you can also join the event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/272731686225102/?source=1 "

Thanks for reminding me. Wasn't sure I wanted to go for the full weekend and I remember how boring last year's Dublin Comic-Con was.

Feck it, just bought the weekend pass. It's cheap enough anyway.

Now to find a hostel or something as I don't have the cash for a hotel. :-)

I really hope I get to do the meet and greet with Johnny Young Bosch when he's there. Really really hope he lets me take his photo.

I've been to cons since 07, every one had a table quiz on Friday bar the UK con that had it on Sunday

Well if there are any questions about animé then I'll have no idea. I'm not much of an animé fan... I'm more going for the sci fi aspect of things.

So, we'll move ahead with the Friday night 7th of March.

Well if there are any questions about animé then I'll have no idea. I'm not much of an animé fan... I'm more going for the sci fi aspect of things.
    I asked, the quiz is on the Friday, I'm no good at sci fi at all but I'm okay on some anime.

On the weekend pass, you might find some good panels, I hope Jim does his msn of action or wrestling panel they were hilarious

So, we'll move ahead with the Friday night 7th of March.
    Have fun you guys </3

This time I think if I'm hosting it'll have to be a Friday, Saturday this month is just too awkward :(
    There'll be other ones on sometime soon hopefully

• Advertisement

There'll be other ones on sometime soon hopefully

I'm sorry
    I promise we won't let Retr0 have any fun in your absence

I'm sorry
    I promise we won't let Retr0 have any fun in your absence
    if you could <3 giant print out Sailor Stephen, was gonna get this jumper in Penneys, I was like, Sailor Moon or Shenmue, there's some material for ye kinda

I asked, the quiz is on the Friday, I'm no good at sci fi at all but I'm okay on some anime.

On the weekend pass, you might find some good panels, I hope Jim does his msn of action or wrestling panel they were hilarious

We have to team up then because I reckon I'd be up on the auld sci fi!

Has there been a program released yet?

if you could <3 giant print out Sailor Stephen, was gonna get this jumper in Penneys, I was like, Sailor Moon or Shenmue, there's some material for ye kinda

?

So are we set for the 7th or 21st Either would be grand but if the parts for my new pc arrive on friday i may just be tempted to send my Daughter on her own :D

So in Animal farm terms

7th March good 21st March Better

The 7th is it, the best I can do right now, I'm on leave so I won't have to get up for work the following morning, which I usually wind up doing q

• Advertisement

Can I get an idea who is coming along?
    So I can hide the valuables, and lock the drink away from Atavan!

We have to team up then because I reckon I'd be up on the auld sci fi!

Has there been a program released yet?
    no not yet but I'll keep an eye out and post it

Can I get an idea who is coming along?
    So I can hide the valuables, and lock the drink away from Atavan!

I'd be up for it so long as I can get a lift. That and here's hoping the missus is out of hospital by then.

Myself and better quarter shall be in attendance if a lift is available.

Means i have to miss a friends 40th but this is more important (For my daughter)

Sparks43 wrote: »

Means i have to miss a friends 40th but this is more important (For my daughter)

I'll miss Animal Crossing with her <\3 say sorry for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I'm not going to be around that weekend, will have to make the next one:(

Actually, I might knock this on the head and try again in a few weeks, when it suits more folk.
    Sorry about that.
    Like to make it available to as many as possible and they don't come around as often as they used to.
    What you lot think?

296706.jpg

:3

Actually, I might knock this on the head and try again in a few weeks, when it suits more folk. Sorry about that.
    Like to make it available to as many as possible and they don't come around as often as they used to.
    What you lot think?
    It's your beers so suit yourself, whatever you think is best.
    Maybe May? I'll be over my KPP concert (29th of April), there'll be no more conventions until July and Retr0 will be over the wedding. I've a communion at some stage of May though.

I'm sure there might be a house warming between now and then.
    And I'm happy to host one in April, dates dates everyone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Not the 8th! But other than that I'm down.

April? I'm planning to go to Experience Japan on the 13th so hoping to be in Dublin around then.
    27th I'll be in London for Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. Afaik that's all I have on.

Cool, I'll post a date closer to the.. well, date!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Is the 21st or 22nd of March any use to people?

I'm happy to host then.

Sounds good, count me in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Sounds good, count me in

Seeing the 21st was one of the dates you were looking at.

So maybe the 22nd will work for people.

Want to give my Turbografx a work out.

I'm going to leave it until April or so, give some time to sort out the pig pen the gamesroom has become!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,889 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

22nd wouldn't be good for me. I've my brother's mini-stag to go on because I nobody will go to his main stag (I told the job****e booking abroad was stupid :rolleyes: ).

22nd is fine for me.

I'd be happiest with the 21st tbh, night out with Mrs Ciderman on the 22nd

I'd be happiest with the 21st tbh, night out with Mrs Ciderman on the 22nd

Be honest... you're just trying to avoid me. :_-(

No, no just prefer life with happy wifey to life with unhappy bringer of pain and suffering, who also happens to be my wifey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,268 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'm busy both days unfortunately :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can't do the 22nd but 21st should be ok.

• Advertisement

No, no just prefer life with happy wifey to life with unhappy bringer of pain and suffering, who also happens to be my wifey.

I made a mistake getting engaged... didn't I?

Advertisement