Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

So we're back to 21st looking the best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

MrVestek wrote: »
    I made a mistake getting engaged... didn't I?

Yes,
    No,
    Depends.

Lonely Nights and Videogames on demand?
    or
    The Love of a Good Woman and only ever appreciating games on the shelf as you pass by with the vacuum cleaner or are dusting those same shelves....

Unless you are O1s1n or Retr0... lucky b@stards....

That said, Sera could have her hands full in years to come, if Retr0 keeps raiding her wardrobe...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yes,

The Love of a Good Woman and only ever appreciating games on the shelf as you pass by with the vacuum cleaner or are dusting those same shelves....

That sounds too familiar already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

21st is crap for me, 22nd would have been great for me but not for Retr0 so I'm out by default.
    Yes,
    Unless you are O1s1n or Retr0... lucky b@stards....

That said, Sera could have her hands full in years to come, if Retr0 keeps raiding her wardrobe...
    If he's gonna take my clothes, I'm raiding his attic for games :P
    he can have the normal wardrobe, not my Lolita/Cosplay one! He's not kawaii enough </3
    1653649_stock-photo-sad-japanese-girl.jpg
    (lol jk Retr0 is the best brolita https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdK39OeH9qE)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Atavan can probably wear the Lolita stuff...

• Advertisement

We could do twin set outfits like this since we're nearly the same size D: (don't gimme ideas :P)

You promise? Ooooh matron...

So Timetables for Kaizoku Con is up! Some interesting stuff going on, really looking forward to it.
    Still up for the pub quiz? it starts at 8pm

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxuuqzW2z22tdlhQbVdQNlRnZ2s/edit

Sera wrote: »
    So Timetables for Kaizoku Con is up! Some interesting stuff going on, really looking forward to it.
    Still up for the pub quiz? it starts at 8pm

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxuuqzW2z22tdlhQbVdQNlRnZ2s/edit

Absolutely. I'll be staying over in waveform's place Friday and possibly Sunday night (depending on whether I get that Monday off of work or not) and then a hotel with the gf on the Saturday (she's coming down for the night for drinks etc).

So anyway myself and waveform will be around eachother a fair bit. We should probably all exchange phone numbers and / or add eachother on Facebook to stay in touch properly.

Absolutely. I'll be staying over in waveform's place Friday and possibly Sunday night...

So anyway myself and waveform will be around eachother a fair bit.

Now wait one damn second!
    What sort of forum do you think this is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Now wait one damn second!
    What sort of forum do you think this is?

Isn't this the secret A&R swingers club?

We game hard, and we play hard!

And if I'm not mistaken isn't this the real reason we throw in a bit of cosplay and roleplay too?

Wait a minute, you mean Mr. Vestek was lying to me this whole time? :eek:

Absolutely. I'll be staying over in waveform's place Friday and possibly Sunday night.
    So anyway myself and waveform will be around eachother a fair bit. We should probably all exchange phone numbers and / or add each other on Facebook to stay in touch properly.
    PMSL!
    Srsly though I'll PM both of ye in a few minutes. I'm hoping to go down Thursday, have a look in town before the opening ceramony I'm staying nearby to the con.

PMSL!
    Srsly though I'll PM both of ye in a few minutes. I'm hoping to go down Thursday, have a look in town before the opening ceramony I'm staying nearby to the con.

Theres a newly opened Cex on the Grand Parade if you want browse some PS2 games and stuff.

Theres a retro games shop on the top of North Main street called Games Mania, thats meant to be a bit of a ripoff, but worth killing some time browsing.

waveform wrote: »
    Theres a newly opened Cex on the Grand Parade if you want browse some PS2 games and stuff.

Theres a retro games shop on the top of North Main street called Games Mania, thats meant to be a bit of a ripoff, but worth killing some time browsing.
    I know the one in NMS, one fella in there from Limerick, gave me a small bit of money off for having that in common I guess lol think I got Kula World in there.
    When I used to live there I was always in NMS because all the charity shops are there.

I know the one in NMS, one fella in there from Limerick, gave me a small bit of money off for having that in common I guess lol think I got Kula World in there.
    When I used to live there I was always in NMS because all the charity shops are there.

Never knew you lived in Cork! You poor poor Girl! :P

Hey, is this going ahead?
    What should I be bringing?
    Anything in particular this Friday?

Yep. Can I get final head count for Friday night?

PM me if you need directions.

CiDeRmAn> Do you have the multitap for the TurboGrafx 16? I have one ordered but it hasn't arrived yet.

Nope, no multitap :(
    I do have an Everdrive but I think you have one too.
    Just let me know of any theme or what you or others are likely to want to play and I'll bring what I can.

I won't be able to make it this Friday due to lack of fundage. It's all Kaizukucon's fault!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I should be there.

• Advertisement

So, is it to be Retr0, Me and the good Mr Dino?
    Cosy!
    I'll bring Twister!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Is this tonight?

Supposed to be.

Ah, I won't be making it so. Only finished work at 9 so it'd be too late. :(

Too late for what?

Too late for what?

Too late to be travelling over! Besides, I wouldn't want the be a 4th wheel

We'll press ahead anyway. It's a good excuse to make me clean the apartment and not play Dark Souls 2 all day.

Jessibelle will be there too and I've dropped Doom a message to see if he can make it.

Any signs of Sparks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Bit of work on today but will do my best to drop up later.

Probably wont get up till half 9 or so.

• Advertisement

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Bit of work on today but will do my best to drop up later.

Probably wont get up till half 9 or so.

Have you been out to the new place yet?

:'(

So did it go ahead? Didn't see any thanks posts

No, it was the ultimate case of The Curse of EnterNow, I was just after getting into the car, in my driveway, when it was abandoned.
    Much gnashing of teeth and weeping was done.
    Feck that DinoRex anyway, I always preferred Monkeyfudge myself...

On the plus side I did get my appartment cleaned.

Awh so there was no Arcade and Retro love in?

Ohh well... more fun for us to be had at Kaizokucon!

• Advertisement

Ohh well... more fun for us to be had at Kaizokucon!
    I can see it now

tumblr_inline_n2tdpko0sg1qm9dqc.gif

Right, I'm going to have another crack at throwing one of these.
    April 11th or 25th?
    Come on folks, we haven't got together since the start of December!
    It'll be 5 months by early April!
    You'll all be all growed up!

Right, I'm going to have another crack at throwing one of these. April 11th or 25th? Come on folks, we haven't got together since the start of December!
    Fridays arn't great for me, I could get the train if only be Friday suited majority. The 12th would be better but depends on Retr0 too, I know Experience Japan is on that Sunday and want to go to that.
    25th is too close to me going to London so defo not then.

Ok, we can look at the 12th, I'll speak to She Who Must Be Obeyed and let you know

Ok
    So we'll try this again on the Saturday 12th of April.
    Who thinks they'll make it?

• Advertisement

Sounds good to me

Fingers crossed Retro can do that

Fingers crossed Retro can do that

You guys are around anyway for the Japan thingy, yes?

Aka "you have no excuse not to go" :P

I'm actually off while the festival is on for once so can finally go :)

For anyone interested: http://experiencejapan.ie/w/?page_id=834

I'm around but it's on Sunday, if Retro isn't going, my friend is driving up that day
    I'm actually off while the festival is on for once so can finally go :)
    Hooray! I'll keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

tks for posting, taking family there :)

Should be good to go for the 12th.

Have something special lined up to make people play.

DinoRex wrote: »
    Should be good to go for the 12th.

Have something special lined up to make people play.

Firearms with live ammunition?
    DDR + Loaded 9pm pointed at you, to help reinforce good scores!
    Good old Skinner and Pavlov

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Might be able yo make it, not 100% but I'll confirm later. Would be nice to make it to another!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Pretty sure I'm ok to make it for the 12th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement