Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,388 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I'll be out if I can figure a way of getting there and back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I can give lifts from the dundrum area. In work until 7 so would be at about 8-ish.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll get the wrecking ball set up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I can give lifts from the dundrum area. In work until 7 so would be at about 8-ish.

If you were to give a lift back would it be back to Dundrum by any chance?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I'll get the wrecking ball set up

Is it white pants dress code or clothes optional?

MrVestek wrote: »
    If you were to give a lift back would it be back to Dundrum by any chance?

Yeah back to dundrum or general southside area.

Sera wrote: »
    I'm around but it's on Sunday, if Retro isn't going, my friend is driving up that day Hooray! I'll keep an eye out

Myself and Shannon are interested in going to this too.

If we do decide to go we should meet up at some point!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,653 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Is it white pants dress code or clothes optional?

Because it's you clothes optional but, for globs sake, think of the children!

Myself and Shannon are interested in going to this too.

Hmm
    Is this a person or the river?

Note to self: bring waders...

Could we get Myrddin and STG.Otaku along?
    Famous for not showing, they owe it to us to turn up at last!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,105 ✭✭✭Doge

Would love to go this but will most likely be celebrating my 30th that night.

Unfortunately some people cant make it to my birthday this weekend, would love to have done three great weekends in a row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Could we get Myrddin and STG.Otaku along?
    Famous for not showing, they owe it to us to turn up at last!

I can confirm Myrddin will not be in attendance as per usual :(

waveform wrote: »
    Would love to go this but will most likely be celebrating my 30th that night.

Unfortunately some people cant make it to my birthday this weekend, would love to have done three great weekends in a row.

You never told me it was your birthday!

Ciderman: Shannon is my soon to be lady wife.

Yeah back to dundrum or general southside area.

Would Monkstown be too much of a stretch?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,832 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I would love to go as I haven't been to one in a while, but might be going to see films at the Japanese Film Festival that night. Will let ye know closer to the time.

I can stick on Children who hear voices, Akira or Howls Moving Castle if it'll help.

• Advertisement

You never told me it was your birthday!

Ciderman: Shannon is my soon to be lady wife.

I mentioned it at least 10 times over the weekend, everytime you were talking to the young folk about old age!

"Whats your username again?" :P

Would Monkstown be too much of a stretch?

No I think that could be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I mentioned it at least 10 times over the weekend, everytime you were talking to the young folk about old age!

"Whats your username again?" :P
    It's true and we were talking about birthday beers a few times Vestek! I wonder have both of ye alzheimer's because Waveform couldn't remember anyone's names or how to work my camera phone lol. I better not get it next :p

Sera wrote: »
    It's true and we were talking about birthday beers a few times Vestek! I wonder have both of ye alzheimer's because Waveform couldn't remember anyone's names or how to work my camera phone lol. I better not get it next :p

Sorry who are you?

Now now, no alzheimers jokes, some of us are closer to senility than others.
    Arguably some of us are already in our senescence already :(
    Never mind Retr0gamer, I am a retro gamer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

DinoRex wrote: »
    Should be good to go for the 12th.

Have something special lined up to make people play.

Just got a notification that it arrived at Parcel Motel earlier. This should be good!

Blues Clues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Oh Dino, you're such a tease! ;)

Blues Clues?

It's behind you... You stupid f**king dog!!!!!!

Mega Man Anniversary Collection for the PS2 arrived today, and lovely it is too.
    It seems to be a fairly accurate reproduction of the Megaman series from the first to the eighth installment.
    I'm tempted to pick up the Megaman X Collection for the PS2 as well, and the Zero Collection for the DS.

I knew the day would come when Dino would post a picture of his packet online, but I feel more underwhelmed than I expected, sadly.
    Thought it would be bigger to be honest....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It seems to be a fairly accurate reproduction of the Megaman series from the first to the eighth installment.

It's not unfortunately. There's some headscratchingly bizarre cuts. Some of the intro and endings to some of the games have been cut and they commited the blasphemy of reversing the controls from the NES original with no option to remap controls.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's not unfortunately. There's some headscratchingly bizarre cuts. Some of the intro and endings to some of the games have been cut and they commited the blasphemy of reversing the controls from the NES original with no option to remap controls.

Bugger

Ohh this is on at the same time as MCM Comic Con.

There's going to be a retro arcade section at this Con apparently.

This could turn out to be an epic weekend. Anybody else here going to that? You get to meet The Cat and female Holly while there.

Could be good for a laugh for the weekend.

Ohh this is on at the same time as MCM Comic Con.

There's going to be a retro arcade section at this Con apparently.

This could turn out to be an epic weekend. Anybody else here going to that? You get to meet The Cat and female Holly while there.

Could be good for a laugh for the weekend.

So, What is it?

• Advertisement

So, What is it?

I've never seen one before, no-one has but I'm guessing it's a white hole.

A White Hole?

A White Hole?

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. A black hole
    sucks time and matter out of the universe: a white hole returns it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,036 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So, that thing's spewing time

So, that thing's spewing time

....back into the universe? Precisely. That's why we're experiencing these curious time phenomena on board.

So what is it?

I've never seen one before, no one has, but I'm guessing it's a white hole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Someone punch him out

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Someone punch him out

Okay, so it's decided then. We consult Holly.

• Advertisement

My maybe is now a no. :(

Curse of the gamer formerly known as EnterNow strikes again.
    How many more will fall before the 12th?

Curse of the gamer formerly known as EnterNow strikes again.
    How many more will fall before the 12th?

EnterNever could have been more apt...

So, can I get an idea who is in, like Raiden DX, and who is out, like Army Men 3D.

I'm in there like swimwear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Would love to go but wife is going away for the weekend.....

See you at the next one....

• Advertisement

It's actually killing me that this is on the same night I celebrate my 30th! :(

Almost wish i hadnt made plans now, seems like a perfect weekend to head to my first beers.

I should be able to make it.

I should be able to make it.

What's this "should" nonsense!
    Get your backside down here!
    The rest of you can come along as well.

Well the should is if I haven't forgotten some prewedding rubbish I have to attend for my brothers wedding.

It's actually killing me that this is on the same night I celebrate my 30th! :(

Almost wish i hadnt made plans now, seems like a perfect weekend to head to my first beers.

I keep telling you the couch in my place is there if you need it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement