Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arcade and Retro forum beers! (AKA the night of the scandalously drunk retro geeks)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that, hope you recover quickly.
    Are you up in the big smoke or at home?
    Can I convince Retr0 to make an appearance anyways?
    I hope I do too Lol.
    I'm at home in Limo. I'm sure he'll go himself anyway.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well I think Sera will be happy she didn't come up from Limerick. I've some wedding bull**** to attend tonight so can't make it. Sorry but it totally slipped my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Was a good night. Thanks for hosting, CiDeRmAn.

9FMIEkL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Great night

My daughter was delighted with her new puffle/penguin and is sitting on the couch as i type playing OOT and finishing off a hot chocolate.

Thanks to Cidey for hosting and to Dinorex for the lift.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just home now. Thanks again to mr and mrs ciderman for hosting and providing edibles!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,887 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry I couldn't make it, the party last night finished up late :(

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sorry I couldn't make it, the party last night finished up late :(

You missed strip fighter. A street fighter clone with ladies that suddenly disrobe.

You missed strip fighter. A street fighter clone with ladies that suddenly disrobe.

To ebay!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Thanks to Ciderman for hosting, Atavan for the lift and PC Engine Batman for being a darn good citizen and cleaning the heck out of those vandalised paintings.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks to everyone for coming and eating my food and sitting on stuff.
    Thanks to Dino for proving that Superman doesn't have the monopoly on awful game iterations.
    And thanks for the TG16 shenanigans, must buy a 6 button controller asap, butcher the sh1te stick for the plug.
    And thanks for no one bringing a CDi, or Burn Cycle or any of the Zelda games, it was a relief to all!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Thanks for hosting Cidona. thanks for the lift Atavan.I've a new found love for all things Batman, he's a good citizen especially helping out the struggling art community by restoring thier paintings and removing that awful graffiti.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hey guys sorry I couldn't make. Also Avatan sorry for not getting back to you (although I did tweet you back about it).

I was busy drinking cocktails with River Song when you were heading out to this.

I saw you once or twice from Afar Ciderman (and your kid's headcrab costume was awesome) at Comic Con on the Saturday but by the time I got to where you were to say hi you had disappeared.

Was that you at the top of the line for the Red Dwarf and Ian McNeice panels in the stetson?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Never went near that stuff.
    I was only there to act as a cash machine for my wife and son and to meet Simon Bisley, which I did and got my stuff signed.
    Which was really really nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I'd love to make the next one! I've been lurking on this forum a bit and think I should probably post more, lovely little community going on here :)

As long as you don't love the cd-I you'll be fine. There's a lot of racism against Cdi lovers here.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    As long as you don't love the cd-I you'll be fine. There's a lot of racism against Cdi lovers here.

Not true.
    It's not racist to wish to nail you all, upside down, to a wall through your feet.
    Seems like a measured, proportional response to me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Going to make a special effort to make the next one too. Thankfully no more birthday parties to clash with for another year!

waveform wrote: »
    Going to make a special effort to make the next one too. Thankfully no more birthday parties to clash with for another year!

Our sofa is all yours buddy! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Really must get up to another one myself!

Any sign of the next one?

• Advertisement

I don't know but there's mandatory Mario Kart 8 at the next one! :-P

I'm happy to try again.

Maybe towards the end of June / early July.

DinoRex wrote: »
    I'm happy to try again.

Maybe towards the end of June / early July.

Sounds good to me.
    I'm starting to forget what you all look like!

Retr0 is after moving to Sligo this week, he might be able to come back to Dublin for the weekend though, we'll see closer to the time. Fingers and toes crossed, I miss ye gaiz <3

Quite a commute from Limerick to Sligo!
    Still, what is a little distance compared to true love!

Quite a commute from Limerick to Sligo!
    Still, what is a little distance compared to true love!
    I'm already fretting about the travelling, bus up there stops in Galway for 2 hours, I guess I could hang around with Richie for awhile lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Two hours in Galway is more than enough time to grab a delicious, delicious McDonaghs - pretty much the only traditional fish 'n' chips I'll still eat on this isle of ours. So very, very tasty.

So, a Beers then?

Depends on the day and the date :3

• Advertisement

So, a Beers then?

I could certainly do with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've a lot going on in July but might be able to host in August if Bray isn't a bridge too far. (Maybe we'll see some of the lesser spotted Wickla' heads turning up :D)

Yeah, I forgot you've defected back to the South Side... bunch of lousers, in really nice slacks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I was too much of a commoner for Clontarf so they voted me out :(

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've a lot going on in July but might be able to host in August if Bray isn't a bridge too far. (Maybe we'll see some of the lesser spotted Wickla' heads turning up :D)

I'm only down in Monkstown myself. I'd definitely be up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

Beach partayyyyy!

We'd all have to bring psp's and ds's though. :(

• Advertisement

waveform wrote: »
    Beach partayyyyy!

We'd all have to bring psp's and ds's though. :(

I'm not getting sand in me crack for anyone!*

*That's sand in and gaps in the casings of my 3DS and PS Vita, of course**

**As opposed to sand in or about the butt cheeks.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Any room for a newbie at any of these whatcha-ma-call-its? ;)

There is room for everyone, as long as your sole topic of conversation isn't a certain digging game where you collect diamonds and avoid... Boulders, by Dashing... Repton I think it's called...

I'm happy to try hosting again.

Outside of this weekend I'm fairly free. So it all depends on when suits the most people.

Fridays are out for me, it's just too awks

• Advertisement

That's great, this weekend is mental but the following Saturday night would be perfect.
    That'd be the 5th of July by my reckoning.

That's great, this weekend is mental but the following Saturday night would be perfect.
    That'd be the 5th of July by my reckoning.

I'm young(ish) free, single and ready to mingle!

So erm yeah I'm more than likely going to be free that night.

MrVestek wrote: »
    I'm young(ish) free, single and ready to mingle!

Sorry, I'm taken.

5th should be fine for me.

So 5th good for everyone? Should I start cleaning? I think the balloons are still up from the Halloween one.

So 5th good for everyone? Should I start cleaning? I think the balloons are still up from the Halloween one.

Sure, might as well leave them up, it's only 4 months til the next Halloween!

Sure, might as well leave them up, it's only 4 months til the next Halloween!

I don't know what sort of crazy air my lungs was producing to keep them inflated for so long.

I don't know what sort of crazy air my lungs was producing to keep them inflated for so long.

Another mystery, some strange monkey air.....

Another mystery, some strange monkey air.....

If anyone fancies a pint i'm in O'Riellys bar! :)

I can visit Doge :3 lol depends on Retr0 for me as usual, fingers crossed

He can get his backside back from Sligo for this, or it'll be a short sharp visit from the smack fairy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement