Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst Car of 2009

• 30-10-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭

We already had a thread about the best car but its a lot closer battle to find the worst car. Nearly every manufacturer has been on or near the back of the grid this year. I wouldnt say Force India considering the turn around they've had in second half of season. Im gonna go with Toro Rosso, nearly always in the second half of the grid.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

It has to be BMW Sauber, since they spent a chunk of 08 working on it.
    Torro Rosso's car is the same as Red Bull minus the engine, so maybe there the worst team, but they have spent most of this year working on their 2010 car and not been too bothered about this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,592 ✭✭✭✭vectra

The F60
    only for Kimi and Massa it would have been at the back of the grid all year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

Renault, BMW and Williams have been pretty poor. However the award must go to Ferrari, as vectra said, if it wasn't for Raikkonen and Massa that thing would be propping up the grid...

F60s had no major updates since Germany and still fairly competitive, probably the 3rd best car for the European leg of the season, Its not suited to slow corner circuits like Abu Dhabi/Singapore.
    McLaren would be at the back if it wasn't for Hamilton, Kovi is level on points with Massa, how many races has he missed?.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    F60s had no major updates since Germany and still fairly competitive, probably the 3rd best car for the European leg of the season, Its not suited to slow corner circuits like Abu Dhabi/Singapore.
    McLaren would be at the back if it wasn't for Hamilton, Kovi is level on points with Massa, how many races has he missed?.

Rubbish
    That McLaren is one of the best on the grid now compared to the F60
    Put Kimi or Massa in the McLaren and I bet they would drive the wheels off it..
    Put Kovi or Hamilton.. Any other driver as has been witnessed into the F60 and they instantly go to the back of the pack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Would say the Toro Rosso,
    followed by BMWs, when you weigh up the driver experience they have against the poor results

vectra wrote: »
    Rubbish
    That McLaren is one of the best on the grid now compared to the F60
    Put Kimi or Massa in the McLaren and I bet they would drive the wheels off it..
    Put Kovi or Hamilton.. Any other driver as has been witnessed into the F60 and they instantly go to the back of the pack.

I never said the McLaren wasn't one of the best now, its had big updates for most races, Kovi just cant to do well in a race in it. I'm saying the F60 isn't the worst car.
    I could say the same, put Hamilton in Massa's seat and there would be no question over 3rd in constructors, in fact If Massa was still there there would be no question.
    I don't think Badoer or Fisichella would be wining in the McLaren either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I think worst car is a pretty even split between Ferrari, BMW and Toyota. Torro Rosso don't have good enough drivers that you can tell whether it's the car or the driver, and given that the RB5 is so good, the car gets the benefit of the doubt. BMW's is a pile of junk but the F60 appears to be possibly the worst car to drive out of the lot. Toyota are just all over the place and don't seem to have a clue how to fix it (see: Honda)

I never said the McLaren wasn't one of the best now, its had big updates for most races, Kovi just cant to do well in a race in it. I'm saying the F60 isn't the worst car.
    I could say the same, put Hamilton in Massa's seat and there would be no question over 3rd in constructors, in fact If Massa was still there there would be no question.
    I don't think Badoer or Fisichella would be wining in the McLaren either.

Even Ferrari has admitted that the F60 is extremely difficult to drive.. I would put a bet no other driver on the grid could master it like Kimi and Massa... That fact has been all but proven..
    Badoer.. Test driver for Ferrari
    Fisi.. Flying in the Fi...
    Anyone of those two would have got to grips with the mclaren a lot easier than the f60.

No developements on the F60 since when?? while all other cars are still being developed..
    To me that says it is the worst car currently on the grid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 964 ✭✭✭thegoth

It has to be BMW Sauber, since they spent a chunk of 08 working on it.
    Torro Rosso's car is the same as Red Bull minus the engine, so maybe there the worst team, but they have spent most of this year working on their 2010 car and not been too bothered about this season.

Have to agree. Considering that BMW had almost much development time as Brawn

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

I would guess either the Ferrari/Renault/BMW.

seem to struggle more than the others to achieve speed, and as weve seen, the minute it wasnt kimi or massa in the ferrari, they were 18th-20th!

renault have had their issues off track, but renault havent really had any stellar moments, unlike BMW or ferrari.

tbh, i think renault edge it just over ferrari.

Advertisement