Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Man Utd vs Blackburn, ESPN Sat @5:30pm

• 30-10-2009 3:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Manchester United vs Blackburn Rovers, Live on ESPN Sat @7:30pm

Man Utd
    United have major doubts at centre-half with Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic both struggling with calf injuries while Ryan Giggs (knee) could also miss out although Ferguson remains optimistic.

Park Ji-Sung (swollen knee) and Darren Fletcher (groin) are both out.

I can see Owen starting instead of Berbatov.
    Gabriel Obertan could also start or come on.

Blackburn
    Jason Roberts, Christopher Samba both have the swine flu and Pascal Chimbonda (calf) and Vince Grella (thigh) are out.

Possible starting 11:

Man Utd: Van der Sar, O'Shea, Evans, Brown, Evra, Nani, Anderson, Carrick, Valencia, Owen, Rooney.

Blackburn: Robinson, Salgado, Nelsen, Givet, Olsson, Emerton, N'Zonzi, Andrews, Pedersen, Dunn, Di Santo.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

As a Blackburn fan i'm not looking forward to this, after shipping 6 against Arsenal and 5 against Chelsea, we have really struggled against the big teams.

With it being at Old Trafford i can see Allardyce shgutting up shop again and trying to keep the score down from the start, rather than play a bit of football and see how it goes.

Looking forward to seeing how Nzonzi performs, i reckon he will have a good game. I'm going for 3-0 though to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

Must win game for us I think (Utd) , Would like to see Obertan start to see how he gets on , not sure what the backline will be with Rio and Vidic out i'd imagine it will be JOS , Evans , Brown, Evra. Can see us beating Blackburn tomorrow if they do play defensive also if they do I think he will use Scholes to pick them apart in the middle.Any word on Hargreaves I remember Ferguson mentioning he might play against Blackburn??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

A thread involving Blackburn on this board, somethings up!

I hate to say it but if Rovers lose by less than two goals I'll be happy.

I can't understand why Blackburn are losing so badly against the top sides under Allardyce. He says that its due to players being naieve but the nucleus of the squad is the same as it was under Hughes and we tended to do okay against the bigger teams when Hughes was manager.

As for the team:

Robinson, Salgado, Nelsen, Givet, Olsson, Emerton, N'Zonzi, Andrews, Pedersen, Dunn, Di Santo.

Samba and Chimbonda are big losses at the back. Samba particularly for coming forward and causing problems at set pieces. It'll be interesting to see how Salgado does if he starts. He was poor against Everton when he started but he was the best player on the pitch Tuesday night according to some Rovers' fans. That said, this is United and that was Peterborough.

It's great to see David Dunn back and hopefully he and Di Santo can link up as well as they did against Burnley.

N'Zonzi is the find of the season. He'll be with a top six club in the next two seasons. He really looks the part and has could be one of the buys of the season in the PL if he keeps going like he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Lemlin wrote: »
    A thread involving Blackburn on this board, somethings up!

You're playing the famous Man United ;)

Aside from the 6 conceded against Arsenal and the 5 against Chelsea i for some reason cant see us emulating this feat, especially at the back where we may just be missing Rio and Vidic, anythings possible and theres a chance we could leak a goal, im going for a 2-1 or a 3-1 to United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

manutd wrote: »
    Mancheater United vs Blackburn Rovers, Live on ESPN Sat @7:30pm

:eek:

Needs some ninja editing there :P

3 - 0 United. Perfect bounce back after their defeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭manutd

IvySlayer wrote: »
    [/center]

:eek:

Needs some ninja editing there :P

***king hell , cheers Slayer ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Can see United bouncing back from last week's loss. A comfortable win by two or three goals I reckon. Blackburn couldn't be any worse than they were last week so expect a bit more from them but they just have not got the quality to pose much of a threat to United at Old Trafford.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

United line-up

VDS
    JOS - Evans - Brown - Evra
    Valencia - Andogoal - Carrick - Nani
    Berba - Roo

Didn't catch the subs.

Anyone else having problems getting ESPN through NTL? I just have a black screen :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

United Subs:

Kuszczak,Owen, Scholes, Fabio, Fletcher, Obertan, De Laet

Not our strongest bench :( I really don't think Fletch is fit enough to be used. Aside from Owen and Obertan, very little that could change the game but I guess that's testament to our injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Is it just me or does anyone else feel slightly more confident with Evans/Brown than last week with Rio/Vida?

That speaks volumes for me on how below their usual standards they've been recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

teams

Teams above. Pedersen on the bench for Blackburn, but basically our strongest back 4 there, will see how they get on.

With Di Santo playing, i know Roberts is injured, i think Blackburn will be relying on set pieces today, don't expect to see too much "football" from them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

United line-up

VDS
    JOS - Evans - Brown - Evra
    Valencia - Andogoal - Carrick - Nani
    Berba - Roo

Didn't catch the subs.

Anyone else having problems getting ESPN through NTL? I just have a black screen :mad:

ESPN working fine here through NTL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

I'm kind of happy not to see Vidic and Ferdinand play. Ferdinand hasn't been fit for a while and I'm not sure whats wrong with Vidic. A rest will do him good.

Evans and Brown are great replacements.

2-1 united. :D

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

I also have a lot of faith in Evans & Brown. Hoping for a big game from Nani today - fingers crossed he makes the right decisions! And Ando to get stuck in the middle.

My ESPN is back - thank God :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

An awesome opportunity now to put right what happened last weekend and against a depleted Blackburn team I expect a win by at least two goals.

I want to see Carrick, Berbatov and Nani stand up and be counted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

The week that I eventually take Evans out of my FF team is the week he starts-typical.

looks an entertaining team. Carrick to be MOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

I think this is going to be a rout for United, with Valencia, Berbs and Rooney on the scoresheet. Surprised pedersen on the bench because if memory serves me correctly he usually does well against United.

Good to see O shea get a run out as Neviller has shown his a liability defensively wise.

Seillejet wrote: »
    I think this is going to be a rout for United, with Valencia, Berbs and Rooney on the scoresheet. Surprised pedersen on the bench because if memory serves me correctly he usually does well against United.

Good to see O shea get a run out as Neviller has shown his a liability defensively wise.

Is Nev not suspended anyway? Or does that not take effect yet?

• Advertisement

Is Nev not suspended anyway? Or does that not take effect yet?

No he's suspended alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Game will finish 1-1

Sorry, when I say finish, I mean after 90 minutes it will be 1-1, United will score the winner in the 98th minute ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,437 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Blackburns recent form

W - L - W - L - W - L - ? :D

Blackburns recent form

W - L - W - L - W - L - ? :D

L

Nani free kick --> Robinson's hands.

Expect to see this a few times today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭gar120

any links for this one guys?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Any streams?

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

No he's suspended alright.

I was aware of that, I just meant Id like to see O Shea cement the place.

gar120 wrote: »
    any links for this one guys?

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055680428&page=19 There's a link for you. ;)

• Advertisement

Nani free kick --> Robinson's hands.

Expect to see this a few times today

when he's picking it out of the net? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Better control from rooney there and things could have opened up. Come on LADS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

'Andrews in not looking too shit shocker'

absolutely no pace or urgency in United's play, it's starting to become a trend...

Rooney's had a 'mare so far

Its always the way with Rooney, once he misses a few games it takes him almost as many to get back in the groove. So far his touch is awful.

• Advertisement

Great cross and should be in from Berba

Berbatov should've scored...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Decent spell from united, berbatov with 2 good chances, should ave put that header away

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Berbatov should have scored that header. Terrible miss, but I'm not surprised by that anymore.

Berbatov :eek:

Shocking stuff

• Advertisement

How's he!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Damn, that would have been such a nice goal.

It's like all United's players except Nani are afraid to shoot from outside the box.

last month Rooney would've scored there.

Well that was all a bit crap tbh

Chimbonda a model to be sent off in the second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

why was berbatovs goal disalowed there? I was running round the room and came back to notice it was still 0-0.

Rooney was offside :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

why was berbatovs goal disalowed there? I was running round the room and came back to notice it was still 0-0.

rooney was offside initially , he crossed for berbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Rooney was offside :(:(:(

Shame, still It will happen, Anderson getting himself about very well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement