Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here we go again

Options
  • 30-10-2009 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭

I started a thread here in April and didn't stick to it...I think I lasted a week!
    Went away for the summer. Did about three weeks in the gym in September. Stopped and I've been back about two weeks now. It was interesting to look back on the old thread and see what I was doing.

At the moment I'm working on a program given to me in the gym. I'm overweight but don't look it apparently because I'm 5'7 and I can carry the weight. To be honest I don't mind weight, I'd just like to tone up and go down a dress size by Christmas. I'm 34, female and I have a number of niggling injuries, from playing hockey for 20 years and never looking after injuries properly. My mum has arthritis and I suspect I have early stages in my knees. If I run for more than 20 minutes I feel pain in the arch of my right foot. I got physio last year and reckoned its a longterm problem (probably began when I was 19 and badly damaged my ankle ligaments in hockey) thats just appeared now. Anyway I'm aiming to build up the muscles around my knees so they wont be as much of a problem down the line. I'm not doing as much cardio in the gym as before because I want to build up the 'working and healthy' muscles before I continue to damage the bad muscles! But I cycle to and from gym to make up for it. 15 minutes easy cycle each way.

Heres my routine: I've done it four times now

10 mins crosstrainer at level 7 between 65 and 70 rpm

Chest Press - Pin 3 - 3 x 15 ( I have stop and take a break a lot doing this)

Seated Row - Pin 5 - 3 x 15 ( achievable)

Bicep Curls at machine - Pin 3 - 3 x 15 - ( have to take a few breaks doing these aswell!)

Triceps Pull down -Pin 5 -3 x 15

Leg Curl - Pin 5 - 3 x 15

Squats with Gym ball (no weights yet as need to work really slowly when knees are involved) 3 x 15

Basic ab crunches - 5 x 15

Reverse Crunches 5 x 15

Heres my old thread Inspired by everyone else on this thread

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055532817

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Today Got through program despite having a massive hangover!

10 mins crosstrainer at level 7 between 65 and 70 rpm

Chest Press - Pin 3 - 3 x 15 ( I have stop and take a break a lot doing this)

Today Got through program despite having a massive hangover!

Seated Row - Pin 5 - 3 x 15 (actually had `Pin at 6 for the first two sets by accident but managed them so should probably increase weight)

Bicep Curls at machine - Pin 3 - 3 x 15 - ( have to take a few breaks doing these aswell!)

Triceps Pull down -Pin 5 -3 x 15

Seated Leg Curl - Pin 5 - 3 x 15

Squats with Gym ball (no weights yet as need to work really slowly when knees are involved) 3 x 15

Basic ab crunches - 5 x 15

Reverse Crunches 5 x 15

Will sort out healthy diet tomorrow when I do a shop

Tonight

Cycled to and from gym - 40 mins easy going

12 1/2 mins on crosstrainer at level 7 bt 65 and 70 rpm

Bicep curl cable - 3 x 15 pin 3 (had to stop in second and third set - still very tough but finished eventually)

Tricep push down cable - 3 x 15 pin 5 ( first set easy , 2nd and 3rd sets really felt the burn at the end)

Chest Press - Pin 3 - 3 x 15 ( Took a break at end of 2nd and 3rd set but I am improving)

Seated Row - Pin 6 2 x 15. Pin 5 1 x 15

Seated Leg Curl - Pin 6 2 x 15 Pin 5 1 x 15

Squats with Gym ball 3 x 15

Basic ab crunches - 2 x 15 1 x 20

Reverse Crunches 2 x 15 1 x 20

Today I ate

3 yogurts (low fat)

plum, banana, apple

Muesli and yogurt

Tuna and green bean salad + wholemeal pitta bread for lunch

After gym - Chicken Ramen Soup, Wholemeal pitta with cheese

1 - 2 liters of H20 (not sure)

Wow I was starving earlier and the apple actually kept me going.

Feeling full now. I'll have a slim line hot chocolate later if I get hungry.

Good start to week. Wont get to gym again until Thursday but I have tennis tomorrow night. I'll try and keep out crappy food till Friday.

Played Tennis tonight (doubles)

Diet: Yogurt
    Plum
    Apple
    Pea and Cabbage Soup
    Tuna Sandwich on brown bread
    Shephards Pie
    Almond Slice ( ate without even thinking :mad:)

1 litre of water

Hot chocolate on Slimline milk now...

Cycled in and out of work today. Cycle in is a gradual up hill cycle and takes about 25 mins. Cycle home is an easy 20 mins with little effort involved!

Diet

Porridge
    Yogurt
    Veg soup with pitta bread
    Pasta bolognese with tuna

Left all my fruit at home and ended up eating fully fat loaded chocolate rocky road biscuit cake.

Food today:

Porridge
    Yogurt
    apple
    veg soup with brown pitta bread
    jelly and fruit
    banana
    muesli with yogurt
    miso soup and eight sushi rolls from yo sushi
    hot chocolate on slimline milk

excersise:

only had half an hour in the gym because I left it so late and didn't cycle.

5 mins on crosstrainer at level 7

3 x 15 seated leg curls at pin 6
    3 x 15 chest press machine at pin 3
    3 x 15 seated row at pin 6
    3 x15 ab crunches
    3 x 15 reverse crunches
    3 x 15 squats with gym ball
    3 x 15 bicep curls with cable machine at pin 3
    1 x 15 tricep pushdown with cable machine at pin 5
    1 x 15 tricep pushdown with cable machine at pin 6

Feeling great that I bothered doing it even though I didn't cycle.
    Am heading away this weekend so unlikely I'll hit the gym until next Tuesday but I'll get some walking in and try and choose low fat options on the menu.

Could be my imagination but I think I'm getting my waistline back :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement