Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How's Dungarvan?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 4:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭

I used to live in Dungarvan, when I was there I wished I was home, now I wish I could spend another week or two there? whats it like now adays? is Davitts still rockin? lol, are the burgers in Genoas still great? does the quay still have that magical atmosphere at night? I miss the place..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

It's wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Skittlers

JayMcD wrote: »
    I used to live in Dungarvan, when I was there I wished I was home, now I wish I could spend another week or two there? whats it like now adays? is Davitts still rockin? lol, are the burgers in Genoas still great? does the quay still have that magical atmosphere at night? I miss the place..

Yes all things the same but weekend especialy.
    Genoas still very busy best chiper in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 charlie40

Genoas Chips still the best
    Davitts still going strong & the quay is good crack at weekends with plenty of life in Anchor & Moorings.

Last few times I was in Davitts it was dead. The quay is still very busy on weekends though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Yeah it's still okay down here, scumbags are growing in numbers but it appears since the cold weather is in, they are staying in doors!

The place as a whole is looking a lot nicer with the new Walton park in abbeyside, and the new play ground just off the by-pass road.

Davvits is gone very quiet, mostly a rough crowd going there, creation(minnies) is the place to be at the moment!

Genoa's, that's debateable, I think mousies have the nicest grub in town, but I might be biased!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

ya i miss home too. always and i mean ALWAYS have to have a double cheese burger and portion of onion rings from genoa's everytime i'm home. has been my fav food since i was a teenanger. could not believe i was in the parish last year and the knackeres that were in it. i used ot be my fav pub in town. now i don't know where to go out. not that i go out that much when i'm at home. i feel the anchor is for the more younger crowd. used to love that place too. heard from an old friend that kiely's closed down reciently. was kinda shocked to hear that but not really surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Kiely's is opening again, original owner I hear. It's getting a facelift at the minute and a new cooling system going in this week I'm told. The Parish is to close, the Guards are objecting to the licence being renewed, not before time.
    Lady Belle, Tudor, Anchor, Moorings, Merries, Local, Paddy Foleys are all good for a Saturday Night.

Pubs I haven't been in for a while: The Gows, Downeys, Mountains, Tommy Powers, Bridie Dees so I don't know too much about them.

I saw the lights there last night, they look good, the Causway lights still look the best to me.

The Parish is to close, the Guards are objecting to the licence being renewed, not before time.

Pity the Parish is closing. It kept a lot of the scum from other pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    I had heard that..:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JD1984

Anyone know what davitt's is like these days? What type of crowd are you likely to get etc? Thanks

• Advertisement

Davitts is starting to gather speed recently, numbers are up, and they seem to be putting on more 'shows'

The summer will tell a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭jupiterjack

is zetas still going..

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭duinegorm

Was in Davitt's twice in the last month and it was like going back in time, had a great laugh. The new manager seems to be doing a decent job.

I heard the food was better again also. I tried it during the day, can't say I'd agree, twas pretty shocking. (Avoid the curry)

is zetas still going..

You have been away far too long. This place was built down past Lawlor's instead of Zeta's. http://www.menupages.ie/images/550x344/817295_WaterfordPhotos031.jpg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭PWR

Merrys on the weekends is very good, but not for under 30's!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Big Lar

Mossy Monk wrote: »

Well I didn't know the parish was closing, and that all the scum drank in there was even bigger news to me :eek:.

Have been out in town with a year or more, too much arsing with taxis for me.

Big Lar wrote: »
    Well I didn't know the parish was closing, and that all the scum drank in there was even bigger news to me :eek:.

Have been out in town with a year or more, too much arsing with taxis for me.

You might wanna check the date on that post Big Lar. lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭idle

There's a few of us (lads in late 20s early 30s) heading to Dungarvan next Saturday night. Any advice on pubs to visit?

idle wrote: »
    There's a few of us (lads in late 20s early 30s) heading to Dungarvan next Saturday night. Any advice on pubs to visit?

John Keanes, The Anchor then Creation across the bridge if your out on the lash.

For a bit of a less hectic night try The Lady Belle, The Local, Downey's. Then Creation again.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

duinegorm wrote: »
    John Keanes, The Anchor then Creation across the bridge if your out on the lash.

For a bit of a less hectic night try The Lady Belle, The Local, Downey's. Then Creation again.

Can't really argue with that...although for either night throw the Moorings in for a pint or two as well!!

• Advertisement

Thanks for those. We'll try to call to as many as we can before creation!!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭comeraghs

http://www.itsafeeling.com/

SOME Ideas for Dungarvan & around!

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

is zetas still going..

JESUS:eek:

how'd you get on? What did you make of Dungarvan for a night out?

Very good. Few pints in the hotel followed by the local, the lady belle, the anchor and creation(don't remember much of creation!)
    Good night life from what I saw and wouldn't be slow to recommend it to anyone.

I have noticed a lot of strangers around lately...it's great to see lots of people coming down around for the weekend! :)

some of the Best pubs in the country in Dungarvan! Shame about the nite-clubs!

The Fleadh should be great craic!

http://www.munsterfleadh.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

I don't live there but for me it is a fantastic town, just love the place and can understand one feeling homesick. We are weekender's at Dan Casey's we really miss it in the winter.
    Can anyone tell when they are going to mend the ticket machines in the shopping mall? They have been out for a while, and no comments on the closing of TJ'S, which has gone in kilkenny as well.
    Love Dungarvan

I don't live there but for me it is a fantastic town, just love the place and can understand one feeling homesick. We are weekender's at Dan Casey's we really miss it in the winter.
    Can anyone tell when they are going to mend the ticket machines in the shopping mall? They have been out for a while, and no comments on the closing of TJ'S, which has gone in kilkenny as well.
    Love Dungarvan

Just buy something in Dunnes and they will validate your ticket. Tis great. I have never paid for parking there.

• Advertisement

Dungarvan could do with a 4 star hotel though. The Park & co are grand but something a bit classier would be great.

Advertisement