Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**November Poker Goals**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

1) Complete the move away from the regfest that is iPoker.
    2) Play 20k hands at 100NL. Run good.
    3) Stop running so ridiculously bad in donkaments. I'm getting oh so tired of wading through a field of 4k players then going out in most disgusting of manners just before the money gets interesting. Please let me have one decent MTT finish this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

jimbling wrote: »
    3) Stop running so ridiculously bad in donkaments. I'm getting oh so tired of wading through a field of 4k players then going out in most disgusting of manners just before the money gets interesting. Please let me have one decent MTT finish this month.

Is ipoker really that bad for regs? I thought stars and full tilt would be even worse with all the american pros.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

The same thing I do every month Pinky,try to take over the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Move up to 100NLH/PLO and stay there. Wake up in time to play the Sunday million at least once.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭pkaces

play some live cash

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn!

1. Stop being a tit and getting tangled up in hands i have no business in.

2. Make up the dent in my bankroll from the above.

4. Pokerstove lots of it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

where u going?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭ghostface ste

1) Stop arsing about online and quit for good
    2) Cash in JP's WSOP (final table it :cool:) game at weekend
    3) Clear a profit of double the cost of live buy-ins for the month
    4) Sat into the Fitz 500 game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭noaces

1. Maintain 15% ROI on sngs over the next 2k games
    2. Achieve platinum level this month
    3. Continue to abstain from sports betting so I don't have to withdraw from poker roll anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭FunnyStuff

1: Take a break from PLO and concentrate more on NLHE
    2: continue to teach idiots that yr A-K off really isnt as great as you think and can be smashed by my 3-4 suited, as per todays lesson
    3: continue steady and move up level at end of the month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

I've made a much more detailed plan, instead of trying to play 3k a day, every day, ive broken down by day of the week. The games are better as the week goes on so it makes sense to structure it the way I have.

Monday 0
    Tuesday 2000
    Wednesday 3000
    Thursday 3000
    Friday 3000
    Saturday 4000
    Sunday 4000
    Sunday 4000

If I broach 80k Ill buy myself the lego kit I talked about

• Registered Users Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭General Zod

Getting closer to my goal of winning a live tournament. 3rd place last night (which was won by doke, who wouldn't take my deal! :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 SPEED-DEMON

1. Stop being a tit and getting tangled up in hands i have no business in.

Thats mine too. I feel obliged to bluff with all over cards on the board. Why oh why!! :(

I think I have sorted it though.

For me its to cut out the amount of online tourneys and start playing more cash. I think the return on cash can be much better. For anyone playing low limits go onto PKR.......more fish than the ocean....most think 1 pair is good enough to push with. $$ :D
    Easy money but won't help your game if you move up limits as plays don't work, they dont understand the F word (fold) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

play min 15k hands
    beat .5/.10 for at least 8bb/100
    stay in a calm mindset even after taking a bad beat.
    get a job.
    get weight down to 180lb - currently 193lb
    enjoy life
    move up to dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Tilt Gone

1. Qualify for the IPPT in Killarney in Feb ...... One more final table on Tues should do it

2. Retain my title has King of cards in the monthly tournie with mates. (Very important)

3. Move up from .25/.50 to .50/1 for the new year.

4. Stop spending my bankroll on tattoo's :(

5. Do up the spare bedroom so I can finally play for hours in peace.

(EDIT): convince missus poker lair is all the rage these days ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

FunnyStuff wrote: »
    2: continue to teach idiots that yr A-K off really isnt as great as you think

My AK is fantastic tyvm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Wreck wrote: »
    With the weather being perfect for grinding at the moment, November should be a big month.

1) 25K hands at 20nl, be in profit for at least $200

Revising this down to to 20K hands as my internet connection is still fcuked, damn you NTL. May even have to revise it lower as it may not be sorted until the 16th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

New goal. Shelf poker for a while withdraw most of moneys and slowly grind out 10NL while I finish my degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭pgodkin

Goal for nov = come up with goals for dec! Start small :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

ianmc38 wrote: »
    1. Improve donkament game. Play at least 20 a week. Win APPT Sydney.
    2. Play 10k hands of 10/20 8 game mix. Watch a minimum of one FLHE video a week and start winning at limit holdem. Keep improving at stud games.
    3. Continue gym 3 times a week min
    4. Start swimming 3 times a week. Improve distance/technique/endurance.
    5. Run better.
    6. Dont take poker moods out on other people.

1. Fail
    2. 10k hands played and have a solid grip on LHE now.

lhe.th.jpg

3. Pass
    4. Pass
    5. meh
    6. Epic fail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Ian there's 10 days left! Or they that many days ahead in Australia???

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ian has his own calendar.

smarch.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

Wreck wrote: »
    With the weather being perfect for grinding at the moment, November should be a big month.

1) 25K hands at 20nl, be in profit for at least $200

2) Play live once a week, stop playing while completely off my face.

1) Pass, have managed approx 27K hands for a very nice profit - my best month so far, both in terms of profit and number of hands.

2) Fail, only managed to play twice, was twisted for one of those sessions but made a small profit for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

fatguy wrote: »
    Going for realistic goals this time:

1. 15k hands of 25nl with a decent profit. I did 13k in October so this shouldn't be hard.
    2. Play more online MTTs. Pull off a decent result in one of them.
    3. Play live at least four times in November, cash big in one of their donkaments.
    November took an unexpected turn for the better early on when I switched to Everest from Stars.

1. Played 16k hands, actually moved up levels, went on a downswing and moved back down again. Have still turned $400 into $800+. Was up to nearly $1200 at one point.
    2. Didn't do this, not worried about it. Change of network meant complete change of plans.
    3. Only played live once, and that was cash. After paying a few bills in early Nov I didn't have any money to risk on live poker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

bubbleking wrote: »
    play min 15k hands
    beat .5/.10 for at least 8bb/100
    stay in a calm mindset even after taking a bad beat.
    get a job.
    get weight down to 180lb - currently 193lb
    enjoy life
    move up to dublin

1. fail only played 8k
    2. semi pass beat it for 14bb/100 but tilted this away at 1k hands of .10/.25
    3. ok for the most part until i tilted at .10/.25
    4. started a research masters - pretty much the same as a job
    5. major fail again going well at first half of the month until we won the league in football and resulted in a week long session.
    6. pass on enjoying life - maybe to much
    7. pass now living on Collins avenue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

tipp86 wrote: »
    30k hands of 20nl before Nov 20th that shall be all !

Dont have a clue how close i got i know i failed ! My holdem manager is acting up.

Im guessing i have around 20k played at this stage so not to bad as i doubted id get the 30k played.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

1) Completed.
    2) Done. Not so done. Ran 7.3bb/100. But for the last 7k hands I was 16 buy ins below All-in EV line. So there is hope.
    3) Nope, the same trend continues. Had one decent run at the Warm-up, but didnt get anywhere near the big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭shano_88

shano_88 wrote: »
    15k hands at 50nl
    50 mtts
    continue the good run!

10k hands at 50nl and 3k hands at 100nl
    played 35mtts and cashed in 2. ran and played poorly.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭blainj2

blainj2 wrote: »
    Going to Thailand in the middle of the month for 3 weeks so this months goals are a bit general.

1) Keep improving and beating 100NL

2) Play some 200NL and run good

3) Look into getting coaching for when i come back from holidays (Anyone interested PM me please)

4) Keep going to the Gym/Pool twice a week and keep upping the number of laps in the pool

1) Pass, won a nice bit of money before i went away at 100NL running really well in the few hands i played

2) Only played a few hands, table selection did look to be alot harder though

3) Had some success on this but need to follow up on it when i get back, again if anyone is interested in coaching me please send me a pm, id be looking for 3/4 sessions to get started.

4) Fail, done very little before i went away as i didn't realise how much sh1te i had to organise before leaving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭TripleAce

TripleAce wrote: »
    1. Play at least 200 MTT online, profit at least 5k
    2. Play 600 SNG, and break at least even and get good rake back from them.
    3. Play Mini WSOP.

1. Nearly there - played less than 200 MTT though but still had profit of 4k

2. Played 1.2k super-turbo with 2% ROI and 1k profit + 1k rakeback :)

3. Played it and it was a great tourney with great structure but I got bored to death....I am not used to play live anymore and play 20 hands/hour bores me big time, especially when I am card dead for two days and can't even make moves because sitting at a table where they "like to flat to see the flop :mad: ".

Advertisement