Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Well: Q&A with Padraig Parkinson

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Hi Padraig,
    Just looking at your ranked tourney results on the hendon mob and over the last 15 years you've earned $1.4m.
    Taking into account winnings (or losses) playing cash and the cost of buy-ins and travel expenses, do you think you would have earned more money if you had a 9 to 5 job?

Some really funny articles on your Hendon Mob page, recommended reading.

I had the pleasure of sitting beside you at a couple of tables this year. The European Deepstack (I was sitting between yourself and Scott Gray, that was fun:rolleyes:) and the ROE in citywest a couple of weeks ago.
    I was the guy waiting for the bubble to burst because I was playing with the rent money.

If you were just starting to play poker now as an unknown with a 5k bankroll and wanted to make a living at it, what route would you take?
    Online, Live, Cash or tournaments etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Padraig06

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Hi Padraig,
    Just looking at your ranked tourney results on the hendon mob and over the last 15 years you've earned $1.4m.
    Taking into account winnings (or losses) playing cash and the cost of buy-ins and travel expenses, do you think you would have earned more money if you had a 9 to 5 job?

Some really funny articles on your Hendon Mob page, recommended reading.

I had the pleasure of sitting beside you at a couple of tables this year. The European Deepstack (I was sitting between yourself and Scott Gray, that was fun:rolleyes:) and the ROE in citywest a couple of weeks ago.
    I was the guy waiting for the bubble to burst because I was playing with the rent money.

If you were just starting to play poker now as an unknown with a 5k bankroll and wanted to make a living at it, what route would you take?
    Online, Live, Cash or tournaments etc?

nice playing with you and your landlord!

No.I dont play tournaments for a living thank God.too dangerous .too many kicks in the bollocks

Id play live and small tourneys.Id also borrow another 20K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 klaster

Hi PAWrig,

Savage read! I dunno how you'll ever get out of this well. For all your effort I'll be setting you up a pint when I see you in Galway later in the year - Guinness I take it. Totally deserved.

Couple of quick questions:-

1. I'm from Tyrone went to Uni in Belfast. Was there ever any big games in the north in the dark old days of the troubles? And did you ever play in them and what were they like?

2. No one asks about Amarillo Slim. Just read his book its a great read for entertainment and gambling. Did you ever clash with him?. How did he compare with Doyle?

Thanks for this. Get your book written PAWrig. 70million people playing these days - you'll have a worldwide bestseller.

Thanks,

Matt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 4KingAceHole

Hi Padraig,

If I ever bump into Huck Seed,do you want me to ask him what he had when he shipped on you first hand of the WSOP final table?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

From my perspective Huck Seed is one of the very best in the game but doesn't get mentioned alot when it comes to the 'name' players.
    Judging on what i've seen there are few better.

Severely underrated? Is it a case that he just keeps himself to himself and doesn't draw the attention or perhaps he isn't as good as I think he is?

What's the best bio type poker book you've read?

From my experience the irish find it difficult to embrace the wonder that are scotch eggs, do you like them?

Thanks, wonderful read so far and like many others,really look forward to the book.
    As a community(Irish poker and boards) we're very lucky to have you and I wish you all the luck in the world with your book and all your future endeavours.

Danny.

• Advertisement

From my perspective Huck Seed is one of the very best in the game but doesn't get mentioned alot when it comes to the 'name' players.
    Judging on what i've seen there are few better.

Severely underrated? Is it a case that he just keeps himself to himself and doesn't draw the attention or perhaps he isn't as good as I think he is?

What's the best bio type poker book you've read?

From my experience the irish find it difficult to embrace the wonder that are scotch eggs, do you like them?

Thanks, wonderful read so far and like many others,really look forward to the book.
    As a community(Irish poker and boards) we're very lucky to have you and I wish you all the luck in the world with your book and all your future endeavours.

Danny.

Youre not wrong
    Daniel had Huck as his go to guy on the American team recently
    Huck is just too cool to bother with all the modern bull**** and its great to see him back on top

Jesses book is the best by far

I adore scotch eggs

ty very much. Youre a class act yourself.I owe you a pint

Hi Padraig,

If I ever bump into Huck Seed,do you want me to ask him what he had when he shipped on you first hand of the WSOP final table?

i spent 3 days looking for him over the weekend in Vegas with no joy.If you find him first let me know!

klaster wrote: »
    Hi PAWrig,

Savage read! I dunno how you'll ever get out of this well. For all your effort I'll be setting you up a pint when I see you in Galway later in the year - Guinness I take it. Totally deserved.

Couple of quick questions:-

1. I'm from Tyrone went to Uni in Belfast. Was there ever any big games in the north in the dark old days of the troubles? And did you ever play in them and what were they like?

2. No one asks about Amarillo Slim. Just read his book its a great read for entertainment and gambling. Did you ever clash with him?. How did he compare with Doyle?

Thanks for this. Get your book written PAWrig. 70million people playing these days - you'll have a worldwide bestseller.

Thanks,

Matt

cheers
    a guinness sounds good to me!

No but Marty probably did;Closest was Terry used to run the Ulster Harp Open in Cavan.The tournament was worse than the Harp believe it or not

Slim talks a better game than he plays or played but was great mediawise for poker;Doyle is different class

book coming when I have money for the lawyers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 nando9

Padraig06 wrote: »
    Hiya Champ

Schmeichel

irwin Adams mcgrath Cole

cantona Keane okocha Giggs

Torres Bergkamp

Thanks for the subs Scholes Viera drogba NaniLOL

Ill price up the favourites.You can have evens the other guy<!
    4/5 STUEY a good little one always beats a good bigun
    4/6 GUS level 5
    LOL
    10/11 THE ENGLISH LAD
    4/6 NICKY
    4/5 DOYLE AT HIS BEST
    1/3 FURLONG
    pickem
    no way
    1/2 andy 10pints and hes2/5

No Stevie G....... sober up