Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

who would you want in your team?

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,170 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Mr Alan wrote: »
    adebayour has stayed fit for full seasons & banged in 20+ goals.

He banged in 20+ goals once. Apart from that year his goalscoring record is very average. Many other strikers have achieved this anyway. I demand to have James Beattie added to the list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Adebayour
    I'd have Torres but for the fitness concerns, so I picked Drogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ibra
    Went for Villa. Whilst I think Drogba is probably one of the best strikers in the world, I wouldn't want him on my team...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Drogba
    More people picking Ibrahimovic over Rooney:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Rooney
    Voted for Torres second after him would be Eto!!! Drogba is good but would not pick him cause of the way he carrys on falling around the pitch!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Johnny Utah

Rooney
    Pato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Rooney
    I love the fact that on the 1st page this was said
    Liam O wrote: »
    oh dear god :rolleyes:

you know there is football outside the premier league?

Rooney still does more for the team and plays in the hole so shouldn't be included with these imo.

Then Liam O votes Rooney :D... Hey Kettle your black.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rooney
    jank wrote: »
    He cost about 2.5 million. Torres was about 30 million, Rooney about 32 million, etc etc.

For that alone he deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as those in this poll.

Being cheap doesn't make him one of the best forwards around. It makes him a great signing.

Michael Owen was free. lets add him.

Seriously. The question is who would you want in your team. Who is really going to answer. "If I could chose from amongst the best around, i'll chose this guy, cause he cost 2.5million". Stupid reasoning.

I think he is a fantastically talented player. and i would put a consistently fit and firing RVP right up there, but saying he should be up there based purely on what he cost, is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,043 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

Being cheap doesn't make him one of the best forwards around. It makes him a great signing.

Michael Owen was free. lets add him.

Seriously. The question is who would you want in your team. Who is really going to answer. "If I could chose from amongst the best around, i'll chose this guy, cause he cost 2.5million". Stupid reasoning.

I think he is a fantastically talented player. and i would put a consistently fit and firing RVP right up there, but saying he should be up there based purely on what he cost, is stupid.

Agreed, he should be there on talent and potential (still only 26). He has plenty of both. injuries have been a problem, but when fit and in form he's fantastic. He had a poor game against Spurs and scored 2. Anyway, i think he deserves to be mentioned (certainly ahead of Adebayor). if i was to pick the best striker from that lot, i'd say Torres, without a doubt. Great finisher with speed and strength to boot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Ibra
    For Rovers I'd take any of them but if push came to shove as to who to partner with Twigg? Villa

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Torres
    Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    More people picking Ibrahimovic over Rooney:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Explain to me why that's ridiculous? Rooney is almost completely reliant on having a proper CF infront of him. Ibrahimovic is a self reliant player, if I could only pick on I'd have Ibra everytime. Infact, it's the exact same case for every striker on that list bar Rooney, who can't lead the line as well as the other players. Hardly ridiculous.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Ibra
    iregk wrote: »
    For Rovers I'd take any of them but if push came to shove as to who to partner with Twigg? Villa

Great post. Twigg needs someone to do some hard work outside the final finish. With an off-season and rest finally due for Twigg though, Villa might be able to concentrate on goals too. Last time I looked at the poll, there was only two other votes for Villa, but gladly increased.

Eto'o would be a good option to spring from the bench :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Rooney
    Which 3 crazy people Would have Adebayor over the rest :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,462 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Rooney
    Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Which 3 crazy people Would have Adebayor over the rest :D
    lafortezza, SarahBM, Xavi6

Rooney
    Benzema and Pato, two young lads who wouldn't look out of place on that list. There's more than just English football out there lads. Poor poll choice tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Rooney
    Benzema and Pato, two young lads who wouldn't look out of place on that list. There's more than just English football out there lads. Poor poll choice tbh.

Largely unproven talents so far, certainly compared to those on the list anyway.

Rooney
    flahavaj wrote: »
    Largely unproven talents so far, certainly compared to those on the list anyway.

Hmmm....

Drogba is 31- how many years does he have left in him?

So, which is a better choice, Benzema at 21 with a lot of potential or Drogba, a man ten years his senior?

I know which one I'd have...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Key word there being potential. ;)

I suggest you learn the difference between potential and proven.

Rooney
    But Benzema has been playing at the top level (Champions League) too for the last few years.

Besides, the op never mentions whether the player should have a proven track record at the top level. Has Adebayor proven himself?

The OP asks who you would want in your team, so let's say your a manager and you get either Drogba or Benzema for free.... who would you choose?

Rooney
    But Benzema has been playing at the top level (Champions League) too for the last few years.

Besides, the op never mentions whether the player should have a proven track record at the top level. Has Adebayor proven himself?

The OP asks who you would want in your team, so let's say your a manager and you get either Drogba or Benzema for free.... who would you choose?

Nor does he mention potential. Hes asking who the best strikers are right now.

So right now I'd like Drogba please, not Benzema.

• Advertisement

Adebayor has proven himself in one of the top 2 leagues in Europe - read Ligue Un is not 2 and this is Benzema's first season in one of those. He's been part of a team that was beaten 4-0 by a 3rd division Spanish team. The jury is still most definitely out.

As for Drogba, I don't like him but I'd have him playing for my team in a heartbeat. Proven track record, he scores goals and wins games and has been doing so for the past 5 years.

Drogba = proven.

Torres
    Another good poll would be for the youngsters. Pato, Aguero, Benzema, Higuain, Balotelli, Bojan, Bendtner, N'Gog, Zarate, etc...

eZe^ wrote: »
    Another good poll would be for the youngsters. Pato, Aguero, Benzema, Higuain, Balotelli, Bojan, Bendtner, N'Gog, Zarate, etc...

:eek:

Rooney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rooney
    How about a 'golden oldie' poll? Best strikers over 32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,432 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Drogba

winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Adebayour
    messi's only 6 months - a year older than a good number of those names.

put him in ;)

Torres
    cson wrote: »
    flahavaj wrote: »
    You gotta put someone in to please the premier league fans. ;) Although I think Bendtner is actually turning into a handy little player.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    How about a 'golden oldie' poll? Best strikers over 32

Raul, Inzaghi, Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Drogba (31), Kanoute, Del Piero, Trezeguet. (Cant think of anyone else really)
    Liam O wrote: »
    winner

I'd say Pato is the winner tbh.
    SlickRic wrote: »
    messi's only 6 months - a year older than a good number of those names.

put him in ;)

Hahaha ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Rooney
    Raul, Inzaghi, Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Drogba (31), Kanoute, Del Piero, Trezeguet. (Cant think of anyone else really)

I like it! Teach them kids whose boss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement