Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Someone help me please

• 30-10-2009 6:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭

Ok guys

so i messed up my pc today,
    i said i was going to instal XP (pirate) on my pc because i was sick of vista, so i downloaded it, put it on a cd, installed it (its a trial version with a crack folder i havnt used the crack yet because i cant find it) amd now i cant use my internet because i use a small usb pen for wifi which i nned drivers for, (posting this off a ipod) so now i dont want xp because need the internet for 1000s of things, so any help at all would be nice, i. Mean any help, a full restore isnt a option of vista because i dont know wjere my disk is, and i also deleted the xp from the disk (but could maybe find it by serching it on xp
    help is need asap guys i must get my vista back up and running as xp is a load of ****

Thanks for any help guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,216 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Cant really help you there. Both because its an illegal copy, and because being illegal, it could very well just be a poor crackjob. We cant support it. Youll have to find some way to get the driver and put up with XP, now.

All I can say is when youre going to do anything this insane, its typically a good idea to measure twice and cut once.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Do you still have the ability to reboot, press f8 (till a menu appears) and select/go into the system restore/factory setup settings?

unless you wiped the recovery partition that should get you back to vista proper.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You could always buy Windows 7 now as you "hate" vista? Thats if you cant find your Vista disc of course, cant really help you with pirated OSes on here as has been mentioned, and its pointless buying XP over 7 nowadays, Windows 7 will be allot less headache to upgrade to than downgrading to XP, as most Vista drivers will work fine on 7, and 7 has a very good driver detection built into windows update,

Nick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

You could try a new copy of windows 7 or xp from the... internet ;);)

I'd say you just got a bad crack like the first guy said

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

wolfric wrote: »

I wouldnt advise this, don't think its allowed to on here either ;). If OP struggled with a cracked release previous, its probably best off he gets Windows 7 from microsoft, afaik the home versions are reasonably priced

Nick

i suppose as the above poster said, if you don't want to get your hands dirty again you could always reinstall vista. Most people keep their disks and the cd key should be on your computer on a shiney sticker

Cd_key_door.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Mister Man

Ji guys, just want to clear it up with you that it was a trial version of xp which had a crack folder with it which i couldnt even find after booting, i will try hitting F8 when botting in a few mins, i am not planing on getting Windows 7 as i jelust dont have the cash right now for it

any help would be great guys

Just to clear it, its a trial version XP im running not a cracked one

Also i dont have the re instal vista disk, but i have the vista key sticker on my PC

If you really want Vista back, your should be able to F8 your system, get into the hidden menu system and select the restore my factory setup selection in there.
    Restart The computer,
    Press F8 Rapidly (to bring up menu)
    Click Restore System (the top one)
    Wait to load,

(a)Click Command Prompt,
    Type “Restore” (without Quotes),
    Press Y,

or..

(b) Find the complete system restore GUI (graphic user interface - graphic method basically) of doing the same thing.

Go with the steps with either methods chosen

What make is the PC by the way?

• Advertisement

Hi

when i hit F8 on re boot nothing happend, it had a small option saying f12 which asked me to boot from CD-room or hard disk, when i hit hard disk it gives me a 2 options and a bunch of random letters and numbers (cant remember it but i think they where full words) but thats all there was

the computer is a acer M1610 small home computer very straigh forward

Mister Man wrote: »
    Hi

when i hit F8 on re boot nothing happend, it had a small option saying f12 which asked me to boot from CD-room or hard disk, when i hit hard disk it gives me a 2 options and a bunch of random letters and numbers (cant remember it but i think they where full words) but thats all there was

the computer is a acer M1610 small home computer very straigh forward

After reboot - keep pressing that F8 button fast repeatedly till a possible menu appears.
    If that still fails, try Alt + F10.

Have a look at this page: http://en.kioskea.net/faq/sujet-2040-acer-pc-restore-to-factory-settings#restore-system-from-backup-user

It might help.
    If not, get back to us.

Most people keep their disks
    Mister Man wrote: »
    Also i dont have the re instal vista disk, but i have the vista key sticker on my PC

Ask someone else for theirs

Like a rhino in a crystal shop.

Lol ive always liked that saying

Overheal wrote: »
    Like a rhino in a crystal shop.

why...exactly? For all intended purposes of this board and it's rules, fine you shouldn't download illegally but why assume that downloaded versions are bad?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement