Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

American Sports in Ireland

• 30-10-2009 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hey, im doing an Action Photography project on Americanised sports played in Ireland, like American Football, Ice Hockey and Dodgeball and I'm looking for people who play these who could give me some info on where you train and on any matches and that coming up?!

Or perhaps anyone who goes to or knows anyone in the American University in Dublin who could help with this also.

Thanls,
    Zoe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,198 ✭✭✭kensutz

So it's looking like you want us to do your work for you in finding people. There's a baseball team/league set up in Dublin, American Football league runs throughout Ireland, Ice Hockey teams can be found in Charlestown or Drogheda. Volleyball teams are located around Ireland and I used to play for teams in Waterford and Dublin. There's also Lacrosse teams etc.

Google is your friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭sineadw

Hi Zoe :) Not meaning to sound bad here (honest! - trying to help! :)) but this is your second post here in the same vein. We're photographers, not models or american football players. I'm not complaining, but I'm wondering if you're getting the concept of this forum? You might be waaaaaay better off posting in the forums on here that are relevant to your topics?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

lol Rb - you read my mind. Was gonna post that but decided to be nice :D

Same here :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 zoemcg

Firtsly I'm not asking for anyone to do my work for me. I've emailed people, rang around different sports clubs and gotten nowhere so this is why I chose to ask on here.
    I was told my some people that this site would be useful in these situations. I appreciate your comments and the info kensutz gave, but Im honestly not looking for an easy way out of doing work that I'm already doing and finding it difficult getting anything or any answers from ya know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭dan759

My god, You'd swear she actually asked you for your blood or something.

She asked a simple question. If you don't want to help, no ones forcing you. Some people on these forums are far too high and mighty in my opinion.

Zoe, Theres Ice Hockey training in dundalk nearly every night of the week in the Dundalk ice dome. http://www.dundalkicedome.com/

I used to play until I started doing photography in college. Now i can't afford the training and games fees :(

I'm sure if you ring the dome itself and explain what your doing they'd let you come take pictures of some of the A league games. (which in my opinion would be the best because they turn on the full lights!)

Best of luck :)

At a very quick glance, I see there's an american football forum here on boards. You should try there for a start.

This site will be very useful for info on how to shoot them etc, but we're not experts on everything. (Apart from me - I know all ;) ) We can and are delighted to help you out with all things photography related :D

dan759 wrote: »
    My god, You'd swear she actually asked you for your blood or something.

She asked a simple question. If you don't want to help, no ones forcing you. Some people on these forums are far too high and mighty in my opinion.

Best of luck :)

No-one's being high and mighty - i was just pointing out that this board is not the place for info on american sports. I was actually trying to be helpful.

I wasn't actually referring to your post :P You actually seemed helpful and willing to help.

I just loved how the very first reply she got was "So it's looking like you want us to do your work for you in finding people" Some people come across as so bitter! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I wasn't actually referring to your post :P You actually seemed helpful and willing to help.

I just loved how the very first reply she got was "So it's looking like you want us to do your work for you in finding people" Some people come across as so bitter! :rolleyes:

Well if you saw the other thread she started, you would've seen that she was also looking for people for another college project. So :rolleyes: back ;)!

Oh no. How dare she look for help.

As i said. No one forces you to reply. Clearly she wanted help from willing people. Not negativity.

So, eh.. :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

DCU Saints american football team train at 11:30 on Sunday mornings at the DCU sports grounds known as St Clares on the Ballymun Road (not in the college itself). If you were to come down in a month everybody would be up to speed but contact the club in advance to secure permission.

kensutz wrote: »
    So it's looking like you want us to do your work for you in finding people. There's a baseball team/league set up in Dublin, American Football league runs throughout Ireland, Ice Hockey teams can be found in Charlestown or Drogheda. Volleyball teams are located around Ireland and I used to play for teams in Waterford and Dublin. There's also Lacrosse teams etc.

Google is your friend.

Read past the first sentence and you'll see I gave info

kensutz wrote: »
    Well if you saw the other thread she started, you would've seen that she was also looking for people for another college project. So :rolleyes: back ;)!

That's kind of what I was getting at too.

@Zoe - I'd noticed you've not posted anywhere else on boards. You should have a look around :)

jdivision wrote: »
    DCU Saints american football team train at 11:30 on Sunday mornings at the DCU sports grounds known as St Clares on the Ballymun Road (not in the college itself). If you were to come down in a month everybody would be up to speed but contact the club in advance to secure permission.
    Thanks a million for the word about the Dundalk Ice rink. I knew there used to be some ice skating on around Dublin but couldn't find out where it had moved to or even if it was still on. Also thank you for the DCU help, I'll check that out also. Just seems everywhere I ring they never back-up promises or return phone calls, very disheartening.

Thanks for the help guys!

sineadw wrote: »
    That's kind of what I was getting at too.

@Zoe - I'd noticed you've not posted anywhere else on boards. You should have a look around :)
    Yeah I'm still trying to sort out how to exactly put my queries across on here. I'll check out the sports catagory and what not! :)

Thanks Sinead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

Lads we've all been new once :pac:
    I was probably worse than this when I joined,But people helped me out..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Perfect fit

American Football: irish league over till jan/feb

Ice Hockey: Get in touch with the irish ice hockey association. all games now played in dundalk

Basketball: Irish basketball association, National stadium tallagh, the tallagh hoops

Baseball: think the season is over to

American Football: irish league over till jan/feb

Ice Hockey: Get in touch with the irish ice hockey association. all games now played in dundalk

Basketball: Irish basketball association, National stadium tallagh, the tallagh hoops

Baseball: think the season is over to
    Thank you SO much!!! Helps me out alot!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I was probably worse than this when I joined,But people helped me out..
    I tended to get banned/infracttions a lot when I was new.

Advertisement