Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager or Chapionship Manager

Options
  • 30-10-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

Which is better Football Manager or Chapionship Manager.

I got Football Manager for the last two years, but never tired Chapionship Manager.

Thanks,
    manutd

What is better? 29 votes

Football Manager
    0% 0 votes
    Chapionship Manager
    100% 29 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

ive never been one to base a current verdict on past form, but fm by a street this year

that said its not as impressive as i feel it shouldve been

it feels very much like a stat update with some visual and layout changes for the sake of it

though im fully expecting it to come together a lot better when the first couple of patches are in

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭rotinaj

Always prefered Championship Manager up untill 06/07 but since then its been football manager for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Well Championship manager is the previous incarnation of Football Manager,

Eidos and Sports Interactive split, with Sports Interactive retaining the code for the game, but not the name. So they then teamed up with Sega under the Football Manager game.

I have played Championship manager since the beginning anf migrated with Sports Interactive when they became Football Manager in 2005.

Since then I have tried both formast every year, Football Manager always being streets ahead. I think Championship Manager are finding their feet now and it's getting closer, but i still prefer Football Manager.

The price for Champ this year was great, but i've still gone on to buy FM for 10 times the price, and have settled with thst again. As others have said, not much is different from FM09 it just seems to play better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Ive played pretty much every CM since CM2, untill the split (as described aptly by ctrl-alt-delete above) and then migrated to FM. The season of the split i got both CM and FM, saw FM was vastly superior, and stayed with FM since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

For those of you who got CM10 this year, how long do matches typically last? Is it possible to get 2D text commentary instead of using the 3D match engine?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,194 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Pure Cork wrote: »
    For those of you who got CM10 this year, how long do matches typically last? Is it possible to get 2D text commentary instead of using the 3D match engine?

I'm not sure how long the matches last, it has been a while since i played it, but yeah just having txt commentary is possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I loved CM3 and CM4, still play the later occassionally. Those games are what got me hooked on the series.

I bought CM5 without knowing about the whole spilt and I was genuinely shocked by how crap it was. It was unbelievably simple yet the AI and the gameplay was terrible.

Since then, I've bought FM07 and FM09 and both are infinitely better than CM5 and the other CM's I played. I prefer 07, 09 was a bit of a pain for me, although it was still a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Cm4 what a game think I got to 2035 how many hours of my life must I have wasted class game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Football Manager, every year since the split for me.

Advertisement