Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving yards

Options
  • 30-10-2009 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭

Hi guys just a quick question on changing yards, i have my mare stabled about 60km away from my home an really want her closer you know. Now a yard 5mins from my house has opened up an looks great on the add on donedeal so i rang the owner seems nice. Now the question is moving my mare after she has settled nicely in are 1st yard would a move cause her much bother?? Any help or advice please feel free thanks guys:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Shouldn't cause her too much hassle, she may enter a quarantine period at the new yard and may be wormed on arrival.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

I moved my mare after 3 years being at the same yard.

I moved 7 months ago, now she has loads of friends and quite a few boyfriends!

I found she settled quite well, even being seperated from her brother. He was also her best friend they did everything together, I was a bit worried about moving her away from him, but now it's like she's forgotten about him!

(Which is quite good in my opinion he was a unbroke 3 year old who was quite possesive of her and had a crapy yard tht always put her out with him, even though he mae it impossible to catch her.)

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭kavanagh_h

lester76 wrote: »
    Hi guys just a quick question on changing yards, i have my mare stabled about 60km away from my home an really want her closer you know. Now a yard 5mins from my house has opened up an looks great on the add on donedeal so i rang the owner seems nice. Now the question is moving my mare after she has settled nicely in are 1st yard would a move cause her much bother?? Any help or advice please feel free thanks guys:)

It could be an even better place that you move your horse to. You will never know until you try. If you leave your old yard on a good note and give them four weeks notice I am sure they will be very happy to have you back if it doesn't work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭lester76

Thanks for the replys guys, i have seen 2 yards got 1 mre to view an il make up my mind:) dreading telling my yard owner i got to move they have been so good to us:( but needs must i guess..

Advertisement