Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tekken 6: What ya think?

• 30-10-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭

I'm so glad they never changed the controls or anythin. I feared they did.

Probably one of the best fightin games ive played in a while :D

Who else has played it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I've had a few goes with the arcade version and liked what I've played. I'll be getting the console version soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Just picked it up today and really like it. One thing I'm actually worried about is the 360 pad. I used to have a godly, maybe 90% rate of EWGF, and I was reallly good at wavedashing, dewgf, all that. That was on PS Pad =[

Now today first thing I did was play my brother. And I was looking forward to owning him. Yeah well I got owned, I couldn't even CD! I was like wtfff! I'm actually worried, I hope I can get my skill back on 360 pad

Other than that, yeah, looks and plays excellent and I look forward to playing the **** out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I picked it up today, seems pretty good...

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭sleepysniper

Picked it up today aswell. Think its a lot harder than previous incarnations tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Liking it so far.. pro tip: Make sure you install it to HDD via options, makes loading a load quicker imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭RedDragonJack

My first few games online were aweful. the lag is really bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Haven't played it, but from what I'm reading the netcode is piss poor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Pro-tip to any 360 players: The ARCADE BOARD is based on a PS3.

Just saying. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

I've been playing it for hours now. Brilliant :).

Very strange thing though, everytime I run it, it installs the trophy set.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Great game, finally completed all the stages of the Scenario Campaign - it's not the best put together thing ever but it's kind of hypnotic after a while. I don't think I would have touched it but for the trophies though. There's only one dificult part really and that's the
    Nightmare Train
    level, an absolute pain in the ass.

Trying to get the hang of the new juggles and the whole "bounding" idea. You can really do some serious damage from some easy enough launch moves.

If only the online worked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,017 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Loving it so far. I thought the Scenario mode was going to be terrible, but once you get into it, its not too bad. And very interesting if you follow the storyline of Tekken. I was a bit annoyed when I spent almost 20 minutes on Arcade mode with Jin in order to get his ending only to get no ending at all, and learn that you get the endings and stuff in the Arena in Scenario Mode.

Some of the new characters like Lars and Miguel seem really good and I'd like to learn to use them properly

Haven't tried online yet. Heard theres a few problems with it

Overall, great stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Having never played Tekken and not having played a 3D fighter since Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast and VF, (on the 32X!) I'd be interested in SFIV player opinions. (I put an insane amount of hours into Virtua Fighter, especially on the Saturn, fighting my brother.)

How log does it take to become proficient with the basics?
    How long does it take to be proficient with a character?
    Is it fun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Shotopunx

I'm generally more into SF, but this game is great. It's definitely not as hard as say VF5. It's a little strange to get to grips with at first I suppose, but it becomes fun very quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

i think until namco fix the netcode i'll play offline & in DR.Quirkeys. Other than that i'm happy... exept for the Hidden Retreat level, YODEL-AY-EE-HEE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

I received my copy this morning and boy was I disappointed when it loaded up. First off, it takes ages to load the character model even in the selection screen. And inbetween fights the loading takes its toll on your patience. Then the graphics, the arcade version is sooo much better. Granted you have the 60fps which is a must when playing tekken but the horrible aliasing makes it look much worse than it actually is. I referred back to T5DR just to compare and those models while looking quite basic in comparison are nicely finished off around the edges. The models in T6 look like they were directly ported from the arcade board without anything else being done to them, and you would think that would be enough but the end result is bad. Having said all that the gameplay is solid as expected. I just assume any hardcore fans will use the game as practice mode for the real tournaments. I doubt the arcade revenue stream will take much dent in the pocket based on the console version.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

I received my copy this morning and boy was I disappointed when it loaded up. First off, it takes ages to load the character model even in the selection screen. And inbetween fights the loading takes its toll on your patience.

Protip: Install the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I find this weird, since AFAIK the arcade board *IS* basically a PS3...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Load time etc. is fine on 360 as far as I've seen so I imagine the PS3 install would help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

great game.. installing it on your hdd is a must
    i like lars and bob out of the newbies
    graphics are nice but i wasnt blown thought they were going to be better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bugs

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I find this weird, since AFAIK the arcade board *IS* basically a PS3...

It should be, but previous ps2 based systems (system 256, super system 256) had more ram, faster drives. The specs of system 357 look identical to the ps3 but either thats incorrect or its been tailored specifically to run tekken.

• Advertisement
Advertisement