Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland V France - Canberra?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi - I'm going to be in Canberra, Australia during both the Ireland playoff matches, anyone know where I'll be able to catch the match down there? Or will I have to travel to Sydney to catch it??

Thanks.

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

International Football Matches in Canberra Forum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Rte website?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Rte website?

Can't watch stuff on there outside of Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

A true fan would cancel their holiday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

bring an irish telly with you when you go there ,that way you won't miss a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

dr. gonzo wrote: »
    Hi - I'm going to be in Canberra, Australia during both the Ireland playoff matches, anyone know where I'll be able to catch the match down there? Or will I have to travel to Sydney to catch it??

Thanks.

:confused:

why would ya have to go to sydney?im sure there are probably plenty of so called irish bars in canberra that will be showing it.look it up on google sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭Takk

They're not playing in Canberra.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Moved from AH.
    You'll get a better reply here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Takk wrote: »
    They're not playing in Canberra.

good call sherlock

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dr. gonzo

A true fan would cancel their holiday.

I wish it was a holiday, work unfortunately!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

dr. gonzo wrote: »
    I wish it was a holiday, work unfortunately!!

but not all if ya can get time off to watch the games surely?or travel to sydney too? im sure youll find an irish bar there in canberra,as i said before look it up on google.

if the match is on sky sports or any satellite channel itll be no prob,i rem watching man united and spurs,the one when roy carroll made that great fumble,sorry i mean save, when i was over there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I'm sure there is an Irish bar in Canberra that would show it. Failing that you could (not that id be advocating such a thing:rolleyes:) fool the RTÉ Website into thinking your in Ireland. I'm not quite sure of the specifics of how to do it but know it can be done, something about a proxy i think. I'm sure Google will help you

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

canberra? canberra??
    probably will be able to but it will be a match from 1960 knowing canberra.

Canberra?
    you could probably pop in to the Irish embassy and watch it

canberra?
    Not my most helpful post but canberra?

Advertisement