Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crazy World c & c

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

shepthedog wrote: »
    People do seem to be clouded by the Baz and his work, and on this occasion I think if a random poster had put these up they could have got a very different (negative) reaction. At the end of the day its all about peoples perception of shots and theres no right or wrong way to view an image but this set wouldnt be something I would like.

i think many people have stated they dont like them , which is their perfect right, not sure why people should be clouded cause they are "thebaz" - in my world you either like something or don't - and constructive "negative" criticism helps me such as Sinead and ancatdubh - i did shoot film years ago - and suddenly life got in the way - now i am slowly returning to this format -- not completly but where appropriate - so lots of experimenting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭DaireQuinlan

if you have to study any picture closely to find the good in them it means they are not good!

:confused: That's a nonsensical thing to say.
    shepthedog wrote: »
    I will make an admission, I dont shoot film and have a curious respect for people who do. I would probably never have had the patience to get into photography if I had to shoot film. But, I also think film has a time and a place and this isnt it.

What has this got to do with shooting film anyway ? Shooting film doesn't immediately make you start taking shaky out of focus pictures ! People were taking perfectly sharp in focus pictures for more than 100 years on, uhhh, film :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

I've kept fairly stum on this up till now. I felt initially that the images were snaps taken at a venue, where you happened to have gained some backstage access to Christy and the boys.

If I was to have picked one that stood out it would have been no 1. The second one while it would have been representative of your style, I felt did not suit the persona of Christy, while the third although representing an era of old film cameras with fixed shutter speed, done nothing for me at all.

Your revised square format of pic 1, suits Christy. Having been to many an Aslan gig, this imo reflects the onstage persona of Christy, gazing at odd angles while imagining the song within his head as he's performing it.

I think producing oof and shakey images has a time and a place. Excusing the use of film for producing these type of shots is imo lame. While the quality of the grain is missing in digital, especially at the higher iso's, digital can produce these type of shots as well. I feel as do others that if any of the newer posters posted these shots they would be shot down for the poor quality of the image, while the more regular and better known posters tend to be shown more respect and let away with dodgy shots for the sake of experimentation or trying to be different. So here exists double standards.

In saying that, if we all produced flower shots and nothing but, this place would be dead. So keep up the good work and lets see the next batch of film ;)

Advertisement