Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small welding job - Where to?

Options
  • 30-10-2009 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

Hi folks need to get a small welding job done - its for a quick repair to a metal piece on one arm of a pair of glasses.

- Specsavers refused to stand over the shoddy quality of the item they sold......

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Harpy

would soldering do the job?? you could prob pick up a cheap soldering iron in b&q or somewhere like that...

i actually thought this thread title said smaill wedding job at first so when i read i didn't know what was going on..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Hey Harpy - thanks for the reply, its appreciated.

- I actually hadn't considered the soldering idea.... Will give it a go hopefully the solder wont be too soft for the constant movements and forces on the repaired joint etc.

Cheers :)

Advertisement