Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ban Wave

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Ajfunky wrote: »
    How long do you think it'll take? And would it be advisable not to play any new ripped games till then?

It would be advisable not to talk about playing ripped games on this forum!

1 month ban, please read the charter for the rules.

Anybody else mentions ripped/backed-up games its a 3 month ban

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Axwell wrote: »
    So that blows that out of the water then :D

So back to my question, I have an Elite that was flashed but never used online and only had a game in the tray to make sure it loaded ok for all of 20 seconds as I had another console I was playing games on (which got banned last night).
    Is it worth flashing it back to the original FW at this point on the elite and hoping it doesnt get banned. If the recent update has something to do with it does the update only resides on the hard drive and would putting a HDD on to it that hasnt got the update after its flashed back mean it wouldnt get detected at that stage? Or is it based on going on live and some signal being sent to check the FW when you sign in, in which case flashing it back before going online might be safe?

Safe way - don't use flashed console at all until we have more information

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

docentore wrote: »
    Safe way - don't use flashed console at all until we have more information

Yes but that could be months. You dont use live so thats not much of an issue for you but i'm not in the same boat and at least if I knew I could flash the elite back and be safe id go ahead and do that and not have to fork out for a new xbox to just go online with.

ongarite wrote: »
    Looks like everyone using iXtreme FW is going to get banned. C4EVA has had his 3 test 360 banned in 1.61FW.

Can you put up a link to this where C4eva states his consoles got banned and that its the FW..cant find it anywhere.

Yes but that could be months. You dont use live so thats not much of an issue for you but i'm not in the same boat and at least if I knew I could flash the elite back and be safe id go ahead and do that and not have to fork out for a new xbox to just go online with.

I will say it once again: no one knows how exactly MS knows that one has flashed drive and if reflashing, turning it off, keeping it in closet, banging it before turning on etc HELPS.

No one means no one, if you want get answers do a test yourself, don't expect answers that NO ONE has answers to.

• Advertisement

The guy a few posts back says C4eva's test consoles got banned and he stated its the FW. So if thats the case then C4eva has answered my question, but I cant find it on the net. Just cos you cant answer it doesnt mean no one can.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

The guy a few posts back says C4eva's test consoles got banned and he stated its the FW. So if thats the case then C4eva has answered my question, but I cant find it on the net. Just cos you cant answer it doesnt mean no one can.

[HTML]
    #
    <Zigtown> [X]nWo[X] does that mean that c4eva admits that the firmware is detectable?
    #
    <@[X]nWo[X]&gt; no
    #
    <@[X]nWo[X]&gt; he said his test boxes were ok
    #
    <jowjowfe> What happened to c4e's 3 xboxes?
    #
    <@[X]nWo[X]&gt; not banned
    [/HTML]

I didn't mean "I can't", I meant "no one" (at least now).

maybe English is not my first language but I know what I wrote.

And I said before - only you can answer that question yourself. Just do what you want to do and test it on live, then share results with community.

Believe, I on x-s and x-h every two hours checking news on this, and no one has definite answers.

I said before that is not the fw (well for 99.99% ;)). If it is, there you go thats the 0.01% I had in mind.

Also c4eva is not English native speaker so bear that in mind. Some things might be lost in translation and he writes 30 words max each time. But he never said it is the fw! (it doesn't mean it can't be)

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

I have a lite drive with 1.6 firmware, no way I'm going on live now until this blows over.I think I'll just buy MW2 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭PAU

Just loggied in there while ago and I'm banned, I never once played a game before release date and ran everything through abgx.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

'NEW! abgx360 v1.0.2 out now.
    <+c4eva> ixtreme LT is real, no ETA, for EVERY drive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

cisk wrote: »
    'NEW! abgx360 v1.0.2 out now.

Great news there!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,255 ✭✭✭ongarite

Looks like 1 million 360 have been banned from Live play with this ban wave which seems to have been their most successful ever.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10395265-52.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

to the people wanting to ride it out... chances are your boxes are already banned. turning your box on after the event wont be what bans you, itll just be the first time you see the failed to connect screen because up til then you hadnt turned it on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

It made the late news on rte2 just there, my sides are still hurting from the laughter :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

ongarite wrote: »
    Looks like 1 million 360 have been banned from Live play with this ban wave which seems to have been their most successful ever.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13772_3-10395265-52.html

wow if it's to be believed that around 30/32 million consoles have been sold worldwide then a figure in the region of 1 in every 30 is modded is quite startling. Something I certainly wouldn't of expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Last went online there last week and now again today after this thread put the fear in me. Yup, I got pwned.

I recieved the notice I have been banned for Terms of Use violation, and also that there is no recourse for this. My network connection test reports Z: 8015-190D which confirms what was said earlier in this thread.

F*ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

mayordenis wrote: »
    wow if it's to be believed that around 30/32 million consoles have been sold worldwide then a figure in the region of 1 in every 30 is modded is quite startling. Something I certainly wouldn't of expected.

Bah it's the M$ marketing and publicity machine putting spin on spin, haven't seen it on sky news yet but i'm sure it will go something alone the lines of every modded console starves a kid in africa or some such and then they will have an expert on to ram that message home to all the "won't someone please think of the children" brigade.

The guy on the rté news was on about bannings in swedan and uk lol, he surely didn't google matter :D

That number has changed from all places i've seen it from 500k to 1mil, even at the low end that's 1 in 60 :eek: how many consoles in ireland ? vs number of modded ones here? I'd say it'd a lot less than one in 60.

Last went online there last week and now again today after this thread put the fear in me. Yup, I got pwned.

I recieved the notice I have been banned for Terms of Use violation, and also that there is no recourse for this. My network connection test reports Z: 8015-190D which confirms what was said earlier in this thread.

F*ck

if previous bans were anything to go by its just the machine, not you. so ring up and cancel your live account now unless youre going to buy a machine to play legit games online with

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    if previous bans were anything to go by its just the machine, not you. so ring up and cancel your live account now unless youre going to buy a machine to play legit games online with

Paid for by a voucher/subscription code ..no money back for me :D

well, your account is still there if you manage to get another xbox somewhere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

This is a great thing for microsoft, with the release of MW2 there will be thousands more consoles being bought around the world because people won't want to miss out on it.

Helix wrote: »
    well, your account is still there if you manage to get another xbox somewhere

I didn't use Live all that much. I can get over my gamerpoints addiction :p The lack of an "Install to hard drive" is going to drive me up the wall though.
    Kinetic^ wrote: »
    This is a great thing for microsoft, with the release of MW2 there will be thousands more consoles being bought around the world because people won't want to miss out on it.

Banned consoles can still play backup/pirated games, people won't miss out on MW2 single player anyways. But yeah, the LIVE experience is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Heres what was on the forum about it...

Follow this guide:
    1.Unplug hard drive and/or memory unit
    2.Turn on 360 with ethernet cable/wireless plugged in
    3.Go to "system settings" in the dashboard, * Click on "Network", * Click on "Test Xbox Live Connection" * Wait for the results, if it asks you to update click CANCEL. * Click on "Y (Yellow)" to get the status report up on screen:

If the status reports the following you ARE banned:
    W: 0000-0008
    X: 0000-F001
    Y: 00A8-6820
    Z: 8015-190D (see this = banned) If your Z: is different you are NOT banned.
    ID: 0008-0000
    Any other code in the Z: line such as "Z: 8015 - 1002" means you are NOT banned, the only code that means you are banned is "Z: 8015-190D", that is the banned code.

We've been trying this on our 2 360s for the last few days. Yesterday we tried it on our elite upstairs (less than 2 weeks old!) and before it finished the "test xbox live connection" it came up with a banned message, so it doesn't actually make a difference if the HD is in or not! Just to warn you people.... i'm not gonna connect the other xbox again now anymore as i don't want to lose the HD install capability. I don't really use live anyway so i can live without that.
    Maybe someone who is banned can check and confirm they get that code??

We got that code too btw.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    The Wave HAS started to hit Ireland, i got banned about half an hour ago.

Was playing online earlier today with no problem, tried to sign in just there and got the "This console is banned from Xbox Live for terms of service abuse" thing.

I was running 1.60 i think, most likely banned because i played FIFA about 4 days before release date (i couldnt help myself lol).

Not too upset, will most likely go legit again.

Woah, wait a second...I played FIFA 10 the night ebfore official release when I saw it on sale. I have never modded or done anything illegal with my Xbox. Is there a chance I could be banned for this?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Woah, wait a second...I played FIFA 10 the night ebfore official release when I saw it on sale. I have never modded or done anything illegal with my Xbox. Is there a chance I could be banned for this?

The chance is very very small. There were reports of Gamertag banning for playing pre-release MW2, but I'm not sure how valid they are.

The checks Microsoft seem to be able to do are to ascertain if you've modded your console are "Foolproof" according to Microsoft. That is, if they say you've modded your xbox, then you have.

You've got a stock xbox360, you've nothing to worry about

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Quick question... Do you ever have to go online to get an update to play a game? i don't play my Xbox that much so I can't remember.

The reason I ask is that I have a flashed drive and I'm perfectly fine with never connecting it to live again but I'm wondering if in the future I'll be forced to for an upgrade to play a specific game. I don't care if I get banned from Live but it would be a dealbreaker for me if I could no longer install games to the HDD. It's just too noisy if games aren't installed.

Quick question... Do you ever have to go online to get an update to play a game? i don't play my Xbox that much so I can't remember.

The reason I ask is that I have a flashed drive and I'm perfectly fine with never connecting it to live again but I'm wondering if in the future I'll be forced to for an upgrade to play a specific game. I don't care if I get banned from Live but it would be a dealbreaker for me if I could no longer install games to the HDD. It's just too noisy if games aren't installed.

No, you never have to go Live for update. If game need an update it has it build into itself, the update will be performed from the disc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

docentore wrote: »
    No, you never have to go Live for update. If game need an update it has it build into itself, the update will be performed from the disc.

Sweet. I'm good to go so! I used to log onto Live about twice a year so I'll just never do it again.

Thanks.

Advertisement