Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Less Fireworks this year

Options
  • 30-10-2009 10:08pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anybody else noticed this,in years going by they would start in September I have to say I have not head many at all this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

I agree 100%. None in the Blanchardstown area. Even my friends used to go up but nobody did this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Quietest year I can remember in a long long time. Virtually none in this corner of D15. Thank fcuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭enfeild

Down here in Tipperary I notice a lot less of them round, the dog is not as nervous as past years.
    Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

yep. Hardly any this year!

Wonder if it has anything to do with the recession.. If so it's at least one good thing to come out of it :D The dog isn't wired to high hell either, which is ALWAYS a welcome change!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

sweet feck all in leixlip, i started a thread on this the other day in AH and the general consensus was that there is a lot less everywhere.heard a few tonight but thats it, nothin like previous yrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

df1985 wrote: »
    sweet feck all in leixlip, i started a thread on this the other day in AH and the general consensus was that there is a lot less everywhere.heard a few tonight but thats it, nothin like previous yrs.

yeah feck all in Leixlip, think I heard one last night. Maybe everyone is leaving them for Halloween for once :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Clondalkin it hasnt stopped. Seen some enterpreneurs on a saturday morning selling them out of a van to kids. They had obviously border hopped and judging by amount of kids around were making a tidy profit. Serious heads doing it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

• Registered Users Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭howiya

Haven't heard all that many this year. Also wondering are people less inclined to burn their money in these recessionary times

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I'm near Clondalkin and I think this year is worse than last year was. They started earlier and there are more of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Wasn't too many last year either.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

kc66 wrote: »

Thats the point its getting less and less every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Almost nothing in the Whitehall area :( was just pondering the lack of fireworks when I found this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

There's a pile of feckers on the green up from me letting off repeaters for the last hour. I'm gonna get my paintball rifle and go and do damage if it doesnt stop :D

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

No let up in Balbriggan tonight, guess it's the local sunday pykey market!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Bonfires and fireworks all over the place. A house nearly went on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Shocker coming.
    There was NOTHING compared to what we usually get in Tallaght.
    I'm use to stepping out side and it seeming like I'm in a war zone, this year... The odd pop every now and then.
    Then I went up to Driminagh... There was less.:eek:

I was shocked.
    Madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I heard that they have introduced stricter laws about fireworks in the UK and that you now need to have a license to buy them there.

If that's true (can't be bothered googling to find out) then that would definately be why there were much fewer fireworks this year.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i think i heard 4 fireworks in finglas last night

quiet as a graveyard around my place :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I live next to the beach in Malahide and it was effin full of them lastnight! Apart from that I've heard it's been quieter in general everywhere, good!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Still loads going off tonight around Quarryvale/Neilstown direction!

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Super quiet this year (Walkinstown) Thank god.

Haha as I type this one has just been let off.

Advertisement