Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casuals: Saturday 7th XGC

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

ayjayirl wrote: »
    DoomCam

LOL. I need a label gun, stat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

I wouldn't mind a just for fun tourney.

Yeah, it's just getting someone to put their hand up and say "right, lets do it" though. As Placebo brought it up, I nominate him to get the ball rolling on the day :D

Wouldn't mind a few casuals like your NamRam videos, where it's swap every two or three matches.

The way it works at the moment basically you play constantly until someone needs a break before anyone else can hop on. Which is ok, but I liken it to kicking a ball around in a circle, or playing a casual game of footy with goals. When there's goals it's always better.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just getting someone to put their hand up and say "right, lets do it" though. As Placebo brought it up, I nominate him to get the ball rolling on the day :D

Wouldn't mind a few casuals like your NamRam videos, where it's swap every two or three matches.

The way it works at the moment basically you play constantly until someone needs a break before anyone else can hop on. Which is ok, but I liken it to kicking a ball around in a circle, or playing a casual game of footy with goals. When there's goals it's always better.

How about we pick a comp, set up the camera for that, and people play other matches but come when called for the tournament to that machine. So we have loads of Casuals and one recorded tourney at the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

How about we pick a comp, set up the camera for that, and people play other matches but come when called for the tournament to that machine. So we have loads of Casuals and one recorded tourney at the end.

Yeah, sounds good. Having a camera there will probably actually help make it happen. When money isn't on the table, fame, no matter how small, is a good enough prize :D

Are you guys playing Tekken 6 on 360s or PS3s? If it's the latter I can't bring my own pad, I sold my PS3 after a month. :pac:

We're all cool with sharing if the T6 crowd decide PS. Fighting game crowd are extra ordinarily friendly in that sense.

And others. AyJay won't stop touching me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Are you guys playing Tekken 6 on 360s or PS3s? If it's the latter I can't bring my own pad, I sold my PS3 after a month. :pac:

Twiler, the lads usually have their own fight sticks (most of them anyway) and there's a few PS3 players that go along as well. If it's just the standard PS3 pad you're on about then XGC have them there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

I WILL RUN THE TOURNEY

gamesmaster.jpg

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Yeah, sounds good. Having a camera there will probably actually help make it happen. When money isn't on the table, fame, no matter how small, is a good enough prize :D

The footage of NamRam (awesome by the way) made me the 80'th biggest Irish youtube contributor.

I am hungry for a further e-penis extension, so it's no problem.

Also, I will put my big shouty voice on to make sure people play.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Placebo wrote: »
    I WILL RUN THE TOURNEY

snapshot20081227170633.jpg

I WILL RUN THE TOURNEY

gamesmaster.jpg

Did you model the hair after his skull cap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY WALK INTO XGC!

Because of all those horrendous scenesters blocking the doorway.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Contact Capcom about it, they may ask you to send it to them. Same happened to me with my Call of Duty2 disc a few years back for the Xbox 360. Activision got me to sent it to them and they sent me a new one back. :) Better then spending money on another copy so worth a try.

Capcom wont do that im on my 2nd SFIV disc and I sent them an e-mail and tried ringin em didnt work so had to buy a new disc plus actvision are only on parnell street so you where bound to get a new COD2 :P

should we have a competition, no money/stats/seeding, just for fun?
    sometimes casuals lose their way and you just end up playing endless matches-no fun.

I'd be up for this as its been a while since I was in a lil competition :) and with having a camera there will add to the fun, maybe people trying to show off too lol ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Capcom wont do that im on my 2nd SFIV disc and I sent them an e-mail and tried ringin em didnt work so had to buy a new disc plus actvision are only on parnell street so you where bound to get a new COD2 :P

I had to deal with their office in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

ONE DOES NOT SIMPLY WALK INTO XGC!

Because of all those horrendous scenesters blocking the doorway.

JidhzX7gqoik0f5rdKoGC7jMo1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

I WILL COMMENTATE THE TOURNEY!

gibson_john_fox.jpg

Thank you.

Ry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'LL SCOUT THIS TOURNAMENT

ChrisHansen.jpg

WHAT TIME WILL WE START AT ?
    riddler.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

WTF IS WITH THE GIANT PICS?

wtf.jpg

Awwwww Chopper aint coming :( I was hoping to steal your converter :pac: I don't suppose anyone else has a PS1/2 to 360 converter they can lend me on the day? :P It'll be my luck as always I'll be drawn against 360 pad players who can't use a PS3 pad. :(

On the bright side I put 200 smackers onto a CC all for online shopping so I'll finally be ordering a stick tomorrow along with converters and so forth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Good luck lads, hope to see some vids up.

Have a massive session on the beer on Friday evening so am guaranteed to be in bits Saturday morning.

<Insert massive picture here with massive font = I will miss this tourney>
    Am I doing that right?

Dont be like that man. I need one other person to up the cool or the group will once again, be slagged by the 12 year old, chav kids in pink shirts that play Call Of Duty.

tourney scheduled for 2:30
    be there or be at home, hungover [i.e square]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭Newaglish

Am I right in saying this is actually on the 14th? :confused: If so, can we change the thread title?

Newaglish wrote: »
    Am I right in saying this is actually on the 14th? :confused: If so, can we change the thread title?

No we meet most weekends. So you can take your pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Dont be like that man. I need one other person to up the cool or the group will once again, be slagged by the 12 year old, chav kids in pink shirts that play Call Of Duty.

See thats where i come in, i have DJ Hero, so when they have thier TV's up really loud, i'll just put on DJ Hero & turn it up max haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Xinkai wrote: »
    See thats where i come in, i have DJ Hero, so when they have thier TV's up really loud, i'll just put on DJ Hero & turn it up max haha

Its gonna get a hella lot worse when Modern Warfare 2 comes out next week! The inferno will definitely live up to its name

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Ugh didn't think about that, that's horrible...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Ugh didn't think about that, that's horrible...

Having said that, I'll be getting Modern Warfare 2 so I might be one of the guys on the other side of the room throwin dirty looks at you lads!

animaX wrote: »
    Having said that, I'll be getting Modern Warfare 2 so I might be one of the guys on the other side of the room throwin dirty looks at you lads!

It'll make a change for you to be the one throwing dirty looks at people...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

animaX wrote: »
    So you use Martyrdom and Last Stand? Cheapas****.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

As for the actual meeting up, we should at the normal time at 2... or a tad later cause im going to Muse tomorrow and going drinkin after it... :P

and as for the Modern Warfare 2 people... **** em we should turn our tv's up as loud as can be, and blast the song we all know;

"I've been waiting for this moment all my life
    It's my destiny!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭ayjayirl

tourney scheduled for 2:30
    be there or be at home, hungover [i.e square]

few 12yr olds slag me........

Advertisement