Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Circular Saw for Laminate

• 31-10-2009 12:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a corded circular saw to cut 40mm laminate kitchen worktops.

Appreciate any suggestions on makes, models, blade sizes etc?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

buy a jigsaw and worktop cutting blades. its easier and can cut out for sinks etc also. just as fast also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭danjo

Thanks for the reply mazthespark.
    I have a jigsaw but found it hard to keep on a straight line even when using a piece of wood as a guide fence. Thought a circular saw would solve the problem. I'll try a new blade and a bit more patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Your right the circular say is better. You can hire one. Its a good model when you hire them. I tried the jigsaw. Its ok but it does bad edging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 630 ✭✭✭mazthespark

you could use a circular saw alrite but get a fine tooth blade and fid some old worktop to see which way will work best to cut it. (top or bottom side) could also try a router maybe. have had good experiences with routers and worktop :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭galwaydude18

If your going to use a jig saw get blades that cut in the down direction (that is if your cutting the worktop with the good face up other wise if your cutting it face down you can use the normal up cutting blades.. If you using a circular saw you need to cut the worktop with the good face down otherwise you will chip the worktop if you cut it with good face up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭mint man

as last post said cut from the underside with circular saw. Hitachi 7 inch is probably the best saw if you were to buy one.

Advertisement