Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help for mailing list code for D****

• 31-10-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I have basic html and have built a website, I want to put a text box on each page where clients can enter their email address and sign up for a mailing list which is hosted on Register365. What do I have to do or learn to get this done.:D

Comments

If you don't know server side programming (PHP, ASP, etc), you have a lot of work in front of you. You'll need to parse the emails for validity, send an email with a confirmation link to validate the email address, store the email in a database, provide an unsubscribe mechanism, and thsts just the basics.

It might be worth looking at a third party solution. There are a few decent free ones out there, but I can only recommend ones that are part of a bigger content management system.

With a third party app, you'll still need to set up a database, copy over files and configure the app with a setting file.

There are also some online service providers that handle most of the work for you, but they generally charge a monthly fee or fee per message sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭HandWS LTD

SBS is right. If you do not know the server side programming then you have a lot to learn. There are some free 3rd party software online. just google them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭✭daymobrew

MailChimp.com provides such text boxes for your site. There is no charge for up to 500 subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DaveyByrne

I've done this lots of times, and it does involve some programming. Will you be manually copying the email addresses sending these emails yourself?

I could give you some code to make it happen... are you working alone, or part of a company?

Or you could look at something like "constant contact" which is a paid service, but I'd say it will be very relevant for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 pol12

DaveyByrne wrote: »
    I've done this lots of times, and it does involve some programming. Will you be manually copying the email addresses sending these emails yourself?

I could give you some code to make it happen... are you working alone, or part of a company?

Or you could look at something like "constant contact" which is a paid service, but I'd say it will be very relevant for you.

Its for a small business. Some email addresses have been collected manually , But was hoping to put a subscribe form on website. hosting is on register365 which have a mailinglist subscribe address when I set up a mailing list on their mail service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 DaveyByrne

hmmm... I'd have to see what the mailing list looks like to be honest. Do you have any links on the 365 site that explains how it all works?

Advertisement