Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

noobie ddr2 question

Options
  • 31-10-2009 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm upgrading my mobo to an asus av8 (yes, several years old upgrade).It's specced for DD2 400 memory, this is needless to say somewhat out of date so I'm shopping around and it would be cheaper to get say 1033 or 800 Mhz.
    So am I safe to assume the mobo rated at 400 Mhz memory (if that is what the figures stand for) would work ok with new faster memory?

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭Leman_Russ

souter wrote: »
    Hi, I'm upgrading my mobo to an asus av8 (yes, several years old upgrade).It's specced for DD2 400 memory, this is needless to say somewhat out of date so I'm shopping around and it would be cheaper to get say 1033 or 800 Mhz.
    So am I safe to assume the mobo rated at 400 Mhz memory (if that is what the figures stand for) would work ok with new faster memory?

Ta.

No, it is not safe to assume, it more than likely wont.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭somakasvh

The motherboard requires DDR memory, and DDR2 will not work in it.

Try here for compatible memory

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

somakasvh wrote: »
    The motherboard requires DDR memory, and DDR2 will not work in it.

Try here for compatible memory

Yep,your motherboard needs DDR 400 memory.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=309845

Somthing like that will serve you well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭souter

Don't know how I got the idea it was ddr2, wishful thinking I guess.

Advertisement