Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v France - Melbourne

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

It's on Hardware St. just off Lonsdale St. There should be a good crowd 'cause they said they wouldn't open unless they had a lot of interest. Said they needed interest from 30+ people before they would.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

so whats the verdict, Puggs or Barkleys?

Sidney77 wrote: »
    so whats the verdict, Puggs or Barkleys?

I'll be going to Puggs anyway because they've got a license to sell alcohol. Barklys won't be selling it until the match is over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dave_Hal

I reckon Puggs myself...ill be there with the brother

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Puggs it is so. Impromptu boards beers! What time we all arrivin at puggs? Will trams be goin that early?

• Advertisement

It's going to be a nervy game. I'm looking forward to it but I'm not. Come on the lads!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Irishjer

Hi lads, was on to pugg mahones and they are showing it. They can serve booze too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Dave_Hal

Trams start at 7 on Sundays (for me anyway)....best bet to order a taxi so you dont end up missing the start/coverage and all the fun stuff...taxi number is 131008 if anyone wants it...

Yeah im fairly dodge aswell about the game too, few nice 7am pints though should calm the nerves...hopefully word spreads about Puggs now cos would be some craic if we had a crowd...prob end up being a session anyway

Dave, u goin from north or south of CBD? I'll be going from ST Kilda.

Anyone wanna share a taxi with me and the missus to puggs from St Kilda junction/Cadburys building? (txt me: 0410796634)

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Dave, u goin from north or south of CBD? I'll be going from ST Kilda.

Anyone wanna share a taxi with me and the missus to puggs from St Kilda junction/Cadburys building? (txt me: 0410796634)

I'll be going from Elwood - if thats any good?
    Damo

• Advertisement

I have a taxi booked for behind the cadburys building at St Kilda junction for 5:45am to get there for the precraic-ery. Theres me and the missus already in the car so that leaves 2 more spots if anyone wants to share.

Trams dont start til 7am!

Me number is in the last post. let me know.
    DamoDLK, if u can make it up here by then, then ur welcome to hop in it with us.

Cheers.

g'nite!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

ill be in puggs, ill be the one in the bohs shirt

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

sorry to hop into a melbourne thread but does anyone here know where i can see the match in sydney? live or repeated, im getting frantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭DamoDLK

I have a taxi booked for behind the cadburys building at St Kilda junction for 5:45am to get there for the precraic-ery. Theres me and the missus already in the car so that leaves 2 more spots if anyone wants to share.

Trams dont start til 7am!

Me number is in the last post. let me know.
    DamoDLK, if u can make it up here by then, then ur welcome to hop in it with us.

Cheers.

g'nite!! ;)

Booked a cab myself dude, cadbury factory is a good bit away - see you there!

Ye no bother. I'll be there wit the rugby jersey on.
    C yis all inside!

Some craic at this. Gutted at the result. Throat is still horse from abusin the 2 french blokes sittin beside me. Ended up on a pub crawl after. Was wrecked gettin home!

Next thing now, Where is showing the 2nd leg??

Checked online and its on Setanta.
    http://www.setanta.com/AU/TV-Listings/

Anyoe wanna recommend an official boards pub? Pugg mahones again? The Irish times? Charles dickens?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Coileach dearg

Some craic at this. Gutted at the result. Throat is still horse from abusin the 2 french blokes sittin beside me. Ended up on a pub crawl after. Was wrecked gettin home!

Checked online and its not on FOXTEL!!!

ESPN are showing ukraine vs Greece before hand then Womens billiards at 7am!!!

It's on Setanta:

6:55 am Football: France vs Ireland
    Live coverage from Paris of the WCQ play off 2nd leg between France and Ireland. K.O 7:00am EDT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 toffeeforever

Checked online and its not on FOXTEL!!!

ESPN are showing ukraine vs Greece before hand then Womens billiards at 7am!!!

Setanta are showing the second leg. Im going to watch it in the celtic club.

http://www.setanta.com/au/Our-Sports/Football/World-Cup-Qualifiers-2010/

http://www.celticclub.com.au/sport.htm (bottom right hand side of screen)

Its 5 dollars in but should be a good crowd. Plan at moment is go to work after it but if they win , it will be a days drinking ahead

was there many in puggs for the game on sunday morning and what was atmosphere like? i stayed in st kilda for it

The atmosphere was good and there was loads there for it. Puggs said they'll open on Thursday so I'm thinking of going there. Ended up on a day long session after it. Good laugh

• Advertisement

Yeah puggs sounds good. They are all pretty close to my work so thats perfect! Here's hoping for an all day session

The Celtic club is open too. I'll prob be there. im in work for 9 so wont be drinkin and its handy for me coz i work just off collins st.

Hey Dave_t, did u end up in bev and micks?

The Celtic club is open too. I'll prob be there. im in work for 9 so wont be drinkin and its handy for me coz i work just off collins st.

Hey Dave_t, did u end up in bev and micks?

No, just ended up going to a few pubs around town. Was there something on in Bev and Micks?

ye i ended up headin there with that french bloke and a few other blokes who i thought were off boards! lol they were obviously just randomers though.

went there and then i ended up goin to the quiet man with a cupla mates.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

Hows it going boys and girls, im new to this boards thing. Where does everyone think will be the best place to watch the match on thursday? i didnt see the last game, just watching updates on rte.ie which wasnt much fun. Puggs sounds like good craic, i never been there before.

Hi Seanie,

Seems like everybody is aiming for either pugg mahones or celtic club

Puggs
    http://www.puggs.com.au/
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=106-112%20hardware%20st%2C%20melbourne%203000&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=il

or Celtic Club
    http://www.celticclub.com.au
    http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=320%20Queen%20Street&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

As you can see both pubs are very close to each other and the Celtic Club is 5 dollars entry.

B_Man would Puggs not be closer to colins street? Anyway I think we should all decide on a venue and go there to get the best possible atmosphere. Being a cheap skate ill go Puggs as no door fee!

Im due to work after it but if Ireland book a place in South Africa I dont think Ill be able to leave the sweet sweet beer. Anyone want to pretend to be my mammy and ring in work for me???

lol ^^

Ye well i'll go where the crowds are. i actually work on market st/collins st so that why i was sayin the celtic club. im pretty sure it is closer.

but look, if boards nominates puggs as the official pub, i'll be there. just wont be drinkin! :(

Perfect. As I said both pubs are pretty close to each other so where ever everybody else goes, I will. May as well just hit one pub and get a great atmosphere there than spread out over a few pubs.

I have actually heard of a few other people talking about going to Celtic Club so maybe that would be a best venue. All infavour of celtic club say 'traps'

TRAPS

hmm, jsut checked google maps there. Puggs is right beside the celtic club so i'll go to puggs. that way people can drink. might have one meself before work. only to either celebrate or drown me sorrows though!

can we have numbers here? at the moment its meself and toffee so that makes 2!
    anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

Im game where ever ye are going lads. I'll be going in on my todd cause my missus is aussie and dont think she'll fancy getting up at 6 in the morning to go to the pub and watch a match! so where ever ye decide on im up for it.

Advertisement