Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland v France - Melbourne

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smullyhead

Think ill be goin to the Celtic Pub anyway lads, will be some craic in there, want to get myself one of the bacon and egg sambo's aswel. Seen the first leg in Barklys in St Kilda, was a good crowd but was ****e without a pint. A few lads went off to the 24 hr offo on Chapel St. at half time and brought a few Naggins of a Vodka back, couldnt have been arsed though, just not the same without a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

celtic club isnt servin tho, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 darraghk

The Quiet Man are showing it and their licence starts at 7am. Thats according to the barman i was talking to on Monday night. He said the owner was going to open the bar himself early....

But you might want to get that confirmed.

just off the phone with Pugg Mahones.

They open at 6:30. Its free in too and around the corner from Celtic Club. I'd be inclined to go there and if its crap, just walk the 50 metres to the Celtic Club and pay a fiver in. Not payin a fiver into Celtic Club only to leave a few mins later!

I'm hopin to be in for 6:30 anyway.

Can we cast a vote who wants to go where? just so we can get more numbers in one place for better atmosphere instead of spreading it out.

I reckon Puggs (Free entry, selling beer, no food except crisps etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

Is the Celtic Club definitely not serving beer? Last time I was there was probably the second Liverpool Milan CL final and they were serving. That would have been around 5am.

It's a better place to watch a game IMO. Nice big room. Easy view of the screen. Puggs didn't really do it for me during the 6 Nations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

I'll be going to Puggs anyway. It was great craic the other day.

so its:

PUGGS
    Dave_t

Celtic Club
    SkittleBrau
    smullyhead

I'm gonna end up going where the bigger crowd will be. Thats why I wanna find out where that is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

I have foxtel. But wouldnt watch that borefest if it was the only thing on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 toffeeforever

Im in the same boat as b_man. Just want to watch it in a place with a good atmosphere and preferably and early morning pint

ye look. lets just go to the Celtic Club.
    We've to pay in but at least we can get bacon and egg sandwiches!

Celtic club, Wooh!! :p

• Advertisement

The Celtic Club are serving alcohol, wud be a bit silly charging a fiver in otherwise. Ill be there anyway, guinness in one hand and bacon/egg sambo in the other. They are both getting thrown in the air should we get a goal in the first few mins:D

Celtic Club it is! :D

- i just rang celtic club to double check that they are serving alcohol that early and they are. come on you boys in green

Maccattack wrote: »

Your a sad little man coming on to post that. Nobody gives a f**k if you have foxtel, any decent Irish footy fan should support their country. Your a jokeshop

i also have foxtel....but i dont have setanta!

actually i was gonna watch the 1st leg in my apartment on ESPN but instead got up at 5am, got a taxi into town, and was first into Puggs at 6 (last to leave too) jsut so i could watch the match in a proper atmosphere!

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

Celtic Club so yeah? What will everyone be getting in there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Pint on Punt are doing a Full Irish Breakfast for a tenner. Thats me sold.

i'll be gettin into celtic club for half 6. have work at 9 and i work 2/3 blocks from there so takes 5 mins to walk. if theres extra time, i'll be a bit late!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭seanie_k

just after looking at tram timetable and id say ill be in Celtic Club just before 7. see ya there

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Skittlebrau

The_B_Man wrote: »
    i'll be gettin into celtic club for half 6. have work at 9 and i work 2/3 blocks from there so takes 5 mins to walk. if theres extra time, i'll be a bit late!! :p

I'll be doing the same. The g/f says she's coming in too but she may well change her tune at 5.30 in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Maccattack wrote: »

Please don't post unless you have something constructive to add.

And folks, if you have a problem with a post then report it.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 darraghk

There were TV cameras in Celtic Club, what TV station were they from has anyone seen footage on TV??

Here's hoping this thread hasnt seen its last post. Bring on a replay

nah i'd be surprised if there was a replay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 forgodssake22

darraghk wrote: »
    There were TV cameras in Celtic Club, what TV station were they from has anyone seen footage on TV??

They were from ABC. The report was shown on ABC news last night.

lol what did they say?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 forgodssake22

Advertisement