Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating in the tutuorial?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hi guys, my sister did her leaving cert this year and was not happy with her points and shes in college at the moment but wants to go back and repeat in the tuutorial to get her course, does anyone know what its like to repeat there is it as bad as everyone says it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

If she is in college she might be able to do an internal transfer within the college without repeating the leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I went to Tutorial for 5th and 6th year and would really recommend it. The teachers there are great. John O'Halloran is scary but he really does want the best from his students.
    I got into medicine into UCD and didnt work particularly hard for my leaving. Its particularly good If you find it difficult to motivate yourself as theres night time and weekend study.

What does your sis want to do in college?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

From my experience, LTC just builds on the fantastic foundation work that public schools do and then claims all the credit for taking a top class pupil from 550 to 580 points.

I know people that have come out of tutorial with less than 400 points.

Your sister is probably more focussed now and could get the necesary results in her old school if she sets her mind to it.

I hold no regard for grind schools as the result isn't worth the misery involved with late nights studying and no life.

I attended maths grinds in Tutorial, and for a grind it was a complete rip-off given that there were over 70 people in the class. While the grind teacher was good, he wasn't a LTC teacher, he was just outsourced for grinds only.

Advertisement