Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repeating?

Options
  • 31-10-2009 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

hey guys so my sister isnt happy with the points she got this year and she wants to go back and repeat so i have a few questions if you can answer them please do, 1) is repeating as bad as she thinks its going to be or is it easier than the first time you do the L.C 2) would it be possible for her to pick up agg science biology and economics in 1 year if she works at it or is this too much? any other input on repeating would be great, thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

its November and she would have missed alot of stuff covered because there is stuff she wouldn't have covered last year e.g. king lear

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

she wouldnt be repeating english....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

I'm repeating this year myself and well all I can say is that its a little bit easier. This is mostly because I'm doing the same subjects again apart from business which I took up this year.

She should try to do the subjects she did last year to make life a little easier for herself. Taking up 3 new subjects is tough but it can be done. Ag science is one of the more popular subjects repeat students tend to pick up. Biology is a pretty large course and she will be under a bit of pressure to get the course covered. Biology is easy enough though, and there are a few similarities I hear between Ag science and Bio. I wouldn't advise taking up more than 2 new subjects as it will be tough enough to manage.

Its now November so there is enough time to get started. Lots of people drop out of their courses as late as February to repeat the leavin' so she won't be too far behind.

Make sure she focuses on her academic strong points if she is repeating. She'll find it a lot easier to take up subjects that she might have a flare for (Sciences, languages, etc.)

Repeating is a tough decision to make. Remember, it won't be a walk in the park. It will be hard work. No more, no less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭segaBOY

Def enough time.

Can I ask what points range she is looking for? She is going at the right subjects tbh, Ag Science is very doable (I mean to get an A1) in a year. Biology will require a bit of graft and Economics is nice.

She will need to put a lot of effort in but it is def a bit easier second time round once she knows the ropes.

Good luck. :)

Edit: If this is her first time ever doing Biology she might have a lot on her plate tbh. But Ag. Science and Economics should be very doable and quite enjoyable tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Mirror Image

She should go for it if shes not happy. It isnt as daunting as it seems. Once you make that decision you know how much work you need to put in to get what you really want.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

Can I ask what points range she is looking for?

she got 375 and she needed 395 only 20 short unfortunately,

Advertisement