Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Ahh ok. Where are you again, UCD? I think I might be going to Dublin next year for college, still deciding but it would be pretty cool if we were at the same place!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Sorry Terry. I'm not usually a prick but I couldn't help myself after you talking about airfireballs last weekend.

Jim wrote: »
    Sorry Terry. I'm not usually a prick but I couldn't help myself after you talking about airfireballs last weekend.
    Also, you were the first person I fought on my new projector!

69b86_thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ramza wrote: »
    Ahh ok. Where are you again, UCD?

I'm in DCU, its UCD for dyslexics!

Haha, I saw that. And it worked!
    Also, you were the first person I fought on my new projector!

Taking a pic mid-ultra, I love it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ggs to redman350

and ramza,
    u were playing ry btw, except when it was chunli

p.s: i hate ur ken [think ry hates it more]

any lag jim? looks nice

• Advertisement

Nope, tested it for awhile in training mode and it seems fine to me. It was a projector my sister was getting rid of because she wasn't using it, so she just gave it to me :)

Got an xbox to vga cable in town yesterday and it works perfectly, much much better than I thought. It also provides light and heat to the whole apartment as well :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Placebo wrote: »
    ggs to redman350

ggs, sorry again about the lag, looking forward to having some more games.

GG to azza, im exhausted.
    sorry cant play anoyone else but chun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ggs to sagat. Funny when both got knocked down and i heard the dizzy noise so starting mashing only realise it was you dizzy not me. I looked like some idiot doing ex legs at nothing :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

Good games to J Master Jim. As always our hotly contested Random matches pleased the crowd. Even the fat Chinese guy who fell off the bike.

That always cracks me up.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Good games to Jim today, I finally got a taste of his Cammy, some very good rushdown and mixup techniques, I think it was 5-7 to me in the end Honda vs. Cammy. Pity I couldn't get more Seth matches in, two of the finishes you got on me were hilarious!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

Hey Ramza, sorry I couldn't play more last night. I was in an online tournament and was waiting ages for the twerp to show up....which he eventually did about half past four (I killed his Chun Li/Bison ass). Being in work at 9:30 today, I just couldn't stay up any longer....
    I will most likely be on for a bit tonight(assuming I can get home!) and for a lot of Sunday(when the missus ain't about).

Ps: When we play again, could you please not pick the Drive-thru stage, I physically hate that level, it ruins my eyes(much like the volcano one, but at least that background's good!)...
    Cheers Ken.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs Ken B, absolute quality vega as usual. You make gief-claw look 5-5 tbh. Had to go as friends are coming over, we must get a long set in soon!

edit: Would love your advice on the matchup as well, if you feel like posting it here or the "match up advice" thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

lol yeah the drive through and volcano stages are annoying, I enjoy the Vietnam stages (morning mist bay etc )

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    GGs Ken B, absolute quality vega as usual. You make gief-claw look 5-5 tbh. Had to go as friends are coming over, we must get a long set in soon!

edit: Would love your advice on the matchup as well, if you feel like posting it here or the "match up advice" thread!
    Amazing fights. Dead even as usual... Next time we play stick on the mic and I'll tell you my secrets!!! Ps: I usually find 3 out of 5 round matches very trying......but they were fun!

@Cunny-Funt. The Vietnam stages are great.....but my personal favourites are: The Bridge(one of the best ever imo), the African Airstrip and the Chinese city by day(in that order followed by the Vietnamese mist one and then the evening version).

LOOK AT THIS GUY

OMG etc

Ken B wrote: »
    Hey Ramza, sorry I couldn't play more last night. I was in an online tournament and was waiting ages for the twerp to show up....which he eventually did about half past four (I killed his Chun Li/Bison ass). Being in work at 9:30 today, I just couldn't stay up any longer....
    I will most likely be on for a bit tonight(assuming I can get home!) and for a lot of Sunday(when the missus ain't about).

Ps: When we play again, could you please not pick the Drive-thru stage, I physically hate that level, it ruins my eyes(much like the volcano one, but at least that background's good!)...
    Cheers Ken.

No worries man, all cool

AHH I LOVE THE DRIVE THRU STAGE (I just like playing at home xD)! BEST IN THE GAME IMO! But yeah no worries if it affects your play then it's grand. And yes I HATE the volcanic rim level too, it sucks hard!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

LOOK AT THIS GUY

OMG etc

Wow you're not the only Farzad in the world. How big IS your head really? EXCLUDING your hair I mean...:rolleyes:

I've seen and heard the name Farz, Farzad etc quite a few times in my life so yeah, what Ry said xD

I've seen and heard the name Farz, Farzad etc quite a few times in my life so yeah, what Ry said xD

really? were they playing street fighter 4 in the local arcades in west meath?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

High fives ;)

*Virtual high fives* :P

Back OT, I came across a player in Championship mode called YongDibs, who is a pretty good Sim. I checked his bio and was surprised to see it said Galway. So I added him as a friend and sent him a PM telling about the boards etc and that he would be a healthy addition if interested etc. Haven't heard back from him yet but just a heads up, should be interesting :)

*Virtual high fives* :P

Back OT, I came across a player in Championship mode called YongDibs, who is a pretty good Sim. I checked his bio and was surprised to see it said Galway. So I added him as a friend and sent him a PM telling about the boards etc and that he would be a healthy addition if interested etc. Haven't heard back from him yet but just a heads up, should be interesting :)
    I met a good Gen (GT:Gomeckis) today in G1 from Dublin and he never heard of XGC or boards so I invited him also.....it'll be interesting to see a decent Gen amongst the competition...if he shows! He did seem interested, mind.

Lawl what a great comeback!

[/sarcasm]

Back OT, seems good, the more the better honestly

Amazing fights. Dead even as usual... Next time we play stick on the mic and I'll tell you my secrets!!! Ps: I usually find 3 out of 5 round matches very trying......but they were fun!

Yeah defo, I'll remember to stick it on 2/3 next time as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I met a good Gen (GT:Gomeckis) today in G1 from Dublin and he never heard of XGC or boards so I invited him also.....it'll be interesting to see a decent Gen amongst the competition...if he shows! He did seem interested, mind.

Lol, i told that dude about the tournaments and this place ages ago too.

I was playing that chap today as well, decent Gen alright.

lmao owned

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

GGs to Biggs, enjoyed them despite my shitty stick skills, look forward to more.

Ry wrote: »
    Wow you're not the only Farzad in the world. How big IS your head really? EXCLUDING your hair I mean...:rolleyes:

Randomly, was at a mates house a few weeks ago and I think we were watching youtube vids and noticed the user name of an account was called Farzad and his brother goes 'farzard, I know a bloke called farzad' & I said I did too, and then he said "yeah he uses the name anti-girl on his megavideo account" or something, tis a small feckin world
    bush wrote: »
    Lol, i told that dude about the tournaments and this place ages ago too.

Yeah I've bumped into a few irish players on PSN over the months this games been out and always tried to let them know about this place and about the community etc Its handy having the 'ire' in my name tag so people get an idea although others have had really obvious irish names like collins1916.

Anyway not many show as much interest as I'd expect considering how much they're into the game. its a shame really, they dunno what they're missing out on. The whole community aspect that can come with a game like this is one of the best things about it and it dramatically increases the level of enjoyment you can get from the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    Anyway not many show as much interest as I'd expect considering how much they're into the game. its a shame really, they dunno what they're missing out on. The whole community aspect that can come with a game like this is one of the best things about it and it dramatically increases the level of enjoyment you can get from the game.
    I agree 100%, I've no doubt that I would have dropped this game a long time ago if this community had not existed. I get a lot of help from ye just from lurking and I'm proud to tell people I'm part of the Irish SF4 scene :)

Advertisement