Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

guile1.jpg

Good games to Azza. Always fun and makes you think.

Teleporting out of ultra range made me laugh, as did you doing an attack EVERY neutral jump after I dashed in to air throw :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

GGs RopeDrink. Couple close games in there. I think I've grown to start liking the boxer matchup, I used to hate it (because I never seemed to be able to do anything against him!). Can't wait for those videos to come up and show up some of my bad habits...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

GGs azza , it always seems like we get to even rounds each then in the final round you go 'feck this' and barrage all my weaknesses.:D

Apart from me constantly jumping in directions I don't want to jump (I keep messing up neutral jumps) I'm simply still just too damn slow. my blocking is still iffy, I'll eat jump ins when I thought I was blocking high. And I'll jump when I go from crouching block to standing block:rolleyes: lol.

A lot of those eaten kicks you gave me on wake up was me trying to reversal srk. :(

My grabbing is all over the place, I seem to miss them at point blank a lot and you then grab me, dunno what that's about. I'm thinking my LK button is dodgy on my stick, have to hit that twice a lot in the menu when selecting things I've noticed. But there are times I've seen the grab animation, yet nothing happens even though I'm beside you. :confused:

The slide to grab thing with rose is a great tool, I was actually trying ages to counter it, I know your gonna try it when I jump in so I was trying to jump in and srk you or grab you, but it never worked. I'm still too slow for that. Or maybe its not possible, I'd assume I could tech at least, I dunno.

I'm really looking forward to upgrading my stick soon, as I wanna see how much of my issue are actually down to the cheap parts.

GGs to DooM , I didn't even know you were recording so that was cool too. I was expecting a session of just ryu and guile but I see you were in a mix up mood so I went with akuma and well I havnt played as akuma properly in a while so I enjoyed that and having to try and deal with your range of characters was fun.

I was playing with my pad as you probably could tell. Playing azza earlier on stick had me itching to play a proper high level match with out the frustrations of dealing with dodgy controls.

I can't wait till I can play as comfortable on stick. Even though I'm still so much better on the pad I , I do see how much better the stick is, I can demon so much faster on the stick which I'm surprised at.

RopeDrink wrote: »

EDIT: Will actually be testing out some Boards.ie Eire Friendly Watermarks for the clips as well seeing as there's been an incident lately where some fecker has been stealing some of my other game movies on YouTube

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I've had this happen to me and its enraging. Wtf is with peopel doing this shit?

I dunno if you watched BSG but anyway the music in it is fantastic, I made a clip using real war footage edited to one of the tracks. 2 days after uploading it some fecker nicked it.

He had embedded it into some website which resulted in his one getting more views then mine. By the end of the week I had 60 views and he had 1000!

I had made the video from war footage I obviously did not own andI did not own the music etc so I was not sure of my rights. But I spent a lot of time editing the thing so I flagged it anyway. And the next day youtube banned the guys account! Lol (all the other vids he had were nicked from other people too it seems)

My vid ended up getting moderately popular and a year later someone else nicked it again. This time though he did it 'out of respect of the video' or something, he had renamed it but he did put my account name in the description.

As I never put any credits or anything in the vid I'd rather keep it on my channel so I just pmed the guy and he respectfully removed it.

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    GGs to DooM , I didn't even know you were recording so that was cool too. I was expecting a session of just ryu and guile but I see you were in a mix up mood so I went with akuma and well I havnt played as akuma properly in a while so I enjoyed that and having to try and deal with your range of characters was fun.

I was playing with my pad as you probably could tell. Playing azza earlier on stick had me itching to play a proper high level match with out the frustrations of dealing with dodgy controls.

I can't wait till I can play as comfortable on stick. Even though I'm still so much better on the pad I , I do see how much better the stick is, I can demon so much faster on the stick which I'm surprised at.

Sorry dude I thought you'd seen the post where I was looking for test victims. :) If you'd like more round the world play though I'll do some more tonight (I was a bit distracted, although gotta say you've a mean Akuma!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ken B wrote: »
    Ps: When we play again, could you please not pick the Drive-thru stage, I physically hate that level, it ruins my eyes(much like the volcano one, but at least that background's good!)...
    Cheers Ken.

Yeah, I don't really like those stages either. I tend to pick the Japanese temple stages, Rail yard Russia or any of the night time ones as they aren't as hard on the eyes. The airstrip is like playing on the surface of the sun, lol, it's so bright.

Also, on the PC, it's best to not pick Seths Lab, Cruise Ship Stern or Drive-in at Night as, depending on the players PC, it will cause the game to lag. Those stages are by far the most graphically intensive of the lot of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Arctic Zombie

GGs Redman, jesus christ did I ever get a spanking. Either you've improved A LOT since I last played you or I wasn't having a good day. I'm guessing a little column A and a little column B.

Last time I played you I easily won the majority against your Chun (and I think your Ryu), this time I was utterly destroyed, and everytime I felt like I was getting comfy in the matchup, you'd switch character. Arrgh was I ever frustrated. Playing your Sakura/Cammy/Ken was a lot more even, but I feel a little robbed I didn't get a chance to beat your Chun/Ryu.

30 matches, I'm feeling a little tired after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

GGs. I didn't think it was too one sided, you managed to take my ryu once, and that last match with chun I was really struggling to keep you away. I think the main difference from last time is I've spent a lot of time playing Azza, so I know how to deal with bison's tricks.

Sorry if it seemed like I was purposely changing to throw you off, I have a tendency to swap around a lot. I'll try to stick it out with ryu or chun next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

ggs to Redman and Dredz.

Dredz if you have any tips on that gief matchup give me a shout in the other thread. A gief that doesn't abuse the lariat and keeps using those jabs completely took me by surprise, my whole game in that matchup revolves around punishing abuse of the lariat and whiffed green gloves which you never did. The distancing on that jab and green glove meant I was also pretty much locked down in the corner, TP out couldn't get me out of range. Anyway, would like some more games. If you see me in steam give me a shout.

Redman, you've really got your execution down on those combos. I feel our matches would be a lot more even if I could get my execution of Akumas combos up to the same level. I also kept missing my opportunities to punish those focus attacks that crumpled. I guess because I never expect them to land it usually takes me surprise and I don't dash out of it.

GG's to Red last night. I love fighting people who can put on a show with any character. :) Had about 15 fun games before we got into the serious Guile vs Ryu stuff which was tense as f$%k.

I have to get some games with Dark talant, poor dude always messages me just as I am getting into it with someone

• Advertisement

Yeah old reds got a very high standard of execution with all his characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

L31mr0d wrote: »
    ggs to Redman and Dredz.

Dredz if you have any tips on that gief matchup give me a shout in the other thread. A gief that doesn't abuse the lariat and keeps using those jabs completely took me by surprise, my whole game in that matchup revolves around punishing abuse of the lariat and whiffed green gloves which you never did. The distancing on that jab and green glove meant I was also pretty much locked down in the corner, TP out couldn't get me out of range. Anyway, would like some more games. If you see me in steam give me a shout.

Redman, you've really got your execution down on those combos. I feel our matches would be a lot more even if I could get my execution of Akumas combos up to the same level. I also kept missing my opportunities to punish those focus attacks that crumpled. I guess because I never expect them to land it usually takes me surprise and I don't dash out of it.

Yeah GGs man, and no worries, shall post something up shortly!

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

GGs to Leimrod and Doom, thankfully my internet was behaving (for the most part) so we could get some good games in.
    L31mr0d wrote: »

Even if you don't dash after a focus attack, go for a sweep into the vortex. Your demon flip mixups were one thing I was having huge trouble with.
    GG's to Red last night. I love fighting people who can put on a show with any character. :) Had about 15 fun games before we got into the serious Guile vs Ryu stuff which was tense as f$%k.

Really enjoyed those guile/ryu games :) My footsies tend to let me down, and its matches like those that force me to use them properly, instead of just jumping any chance I get.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Excellent games A-Trak. Not to sound homoerotic or anything, but I don't think I've sweated so much in my life.

And double perfect final game, top stuff!

Apologies to Ramza. A few of the lads came back to my place after the post tourny drinks and proceeded to use the oppurtunity to drunkingly abuse random people online. When we were playing you we got an invite from a lad we had given serious abuse, so we had to go off and play them some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good games to effeee.

She is my new hero.

Jump back button check FTW!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Very good games bush tonight,quality Rufus and Chun as usual.I have to say I was feeling in particularly good Bison form today!

Some very tense Bison/Chun matches going right to the wire.

I think I have both those match ups down now,I find the Chun match particularly difficult but I did a bit of research after our last set (and after you beat me in the 5v5 thing) and feel much more confident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye ggs, you really were on form alright and i kind of wasnt, lol. Man i always find it hard to get the last hit needed on bison. Hes a right slippery bastard.

bush wrote: »
    Ye ggs, you really were on form alright and i kind of wasnt, lol. Man i always find it hard to get the last hit needed on bison. Hes a right slippery bastard.

Just like the viper eh? :p

blag I've still to play you, I get bullied by one bison I may as well get have a bullying session from the other bison :p

I must pop up to the next dragonslayers SF thing, yet to attend. Hear great things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ive looked up some stuff about that dickhead bison today blag so next time your on ill be up for some more games :)
    The length of time this game has been out ive never really known how headstomps and devils reverse worked and they always confuse me but I finally went into training mode and messed around with them. I never knew you had to spend another bar to get the 2 hits on the ex devils reverse, I always wondered why it only hit twice sometimes.
    Ive figured out that the hit after the headstomp can go over to the other side but the devils reverse always lands in front. I kept trying to focus that hit after the headstomp last night and ended up on the other side and it confused the **** out of me. I was in the corner one time and after that headstomp I ended up doing a fireball back into the corner somehow :pac:
    Ive got some stuff to deal with that now with rufus and chun so ill be looking to put that into practice next time :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

bush wrote: »
    I I was in the corner one time and after that headstomp I ended up doing a fireball back into the corner somehow :pac:

Ha,yeah I remember that,I was thinking how the f*** did that even happen,auto correct does some strange things at times!

I'm probably gonna go have a session with Mike and Roogle tonight so wont be on but should be on tomorrow or thursday evening for a long session again.

@Cunny,I think there's gonna be a big enough tournament in Belfast in February at some stage (I remember Mr_Kyle saying he hoped to have one around the size of the Dramatic Battle last August),I'd love to have some games against another good Ryu.

blag wrote: »

@Cunny,I think there's gonna be a big enough tournament in Belfast in February at some stage (I remember Mr_Kyle saying he hoped to have one around the size of the Dramatic Battle last August),I'd love to have some games against another good Ryu.

hehe Well you shall be disapointed as I'm not all that great but I just love fighting the top irish players and there's a good few I've yet to play against. :D

I look forward to February so :cool:

blag wrote: »
    Ha,yeah I remember that,I was thinking how the f*** did that even happen,auto correct does some strange things at times!

I'm probably gonna go have a session with Mike and Roogle tonight so wont be on but should be on tomorrow or thursday evening for a long session again.

Last week of Feb pwease if you want the family man representing, I'm off throwing sonic booms in Germany til then :D

I'll be heading up to B'fast as well if I'm free.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to Terry. Damn Rufus is a pain. I was getting desroyed. Missed a lot of **** but still no excuse for that beating I took :P

GGs as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

Ggs to Johnnyblue this evening, pity about the lag though.
    You have a good level with plenty of characters, there were some really tense dic-rog matches in there near the end..

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

ggs to owwmykneecap. Enjoyed the random select alot, although it taught me I know very little about any other character than Zangief =(. Your Boxer is pretty scary chap!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Ramza wrote: »
    GGs to Terry. Damn Rufus is a pain. I was getting desroyed. Missed a lot of **** but still no excuse for that beating I took :P

GGs as usual

Yeah, good games man. I was on particularly good form last night, thats why I was trying to win championships! Sorry I couldn't get back to you afterwards.

Next time I'm in xgc I'm gonna get the update for the anniversary edition so we can play some 3rd strike games. Really wanna have a go at your urien

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

yeah ggs man.

port forwarding sorted out the connection problems, but eircom have ruined my internet speed, the pricks.
    stop selling 7 meg broadband to everyone if you can only provide it to 10 % of them. arrgh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs Yreval, your execution is on point - best Sakura I've played against for sure. Would like to get more games in soon.

Scavenger XIII, pity you were having troubles with the stick, send me an invite some other time if you're up for more games.

Advertisement