Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Sisko wrote: »
    Wha? Coulda sworn you said you played on stick back when we played 3s on stick.

So you used a 360 pad on the 360 yeah? How'd yea find the ps3 pad? You use the d-pad or little thumb stick? I assume to kara throw you have to totally adjust your hand position?

Nah I tried to use stick once back on 3s but totally gave up (after like a week :P)

Yep 360 pad on 360. PS3 pad is excellent cause it's my home pad of sorts, it's what I use and have used for everything else (well I use a PS2 pad on 2df etc), so PS3 pad is great.

No, no need to adjust my hand position. I press the MK with my middle finger and slam the throw with my index over both buttons

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

Sagat06 wrote: »
    GGs to cobelcog, felt like it was a competition to see who could get out the most focus attacks. Again that Cammy f*ck one mistake and its punished fully!!

Haha, it did feel like that at times. Thanks man, GGs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

GGs to owenz0r last night. Solid sakura very good mixup with her kept me guessing and Dhalsim... I hate sim, he brings out my nerd rage like no other :D

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

GGs bush last night, I quite like the Rufus/Bison match up, it's ridiculous how much pressure both characters can apply when the other has no meter which means momentum swings back and forth frequently, makes the matches more fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

blag wrote: »
    GGs bush last night, I quite like the Rufus/Bison match up, it's ridiculous how much pressure both characters can apply when the other has no meter which means momentum swings back and forth frequently, makes the matches more fun.

Ye those matches were fun. Im getting a bit better with that match, its one of my hardest matches with rufus. Dat roundhouse :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Shloer

GG's to Sisko!
    GG's to Azza!

I need to get my bread and butter stuff down with that biatch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

GG's to Azza, you must chuckle to yourself every time I pull out a random ultra!!

GG's Dreddsicle. I hate myself even more now :D

Was soul destroying but I definitely learnt a little towards the Gief matchup so cheers man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

GGs azza. For once while playing you on stick I was having more fun then frustration. I'd say only 10% of the stuff I entered was input errors rather then 50% :(

So I feel like I'm coming along a bit on stick and was able to give you a bit of a game rather then sitting there taking a beating.

Although playing against seth my stick problems wont generally happen as its the close in games where my stick game is weak and that doesn't happen much in that match up.:P

I don't think I was too far off how my pad ryu would have done v your bison. A few missed opportunities to combo into ultra and so forth but not due to input errors just simply not being fast enough. But I was happy enough that I'm feeling a lot closer to my pad abilities now and thus was able to have some GGs. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Shloer wrote: »
    GG's Dreddsicle. I hate myself even more now :D

Was soul destroying but I definitely learnt a little towards the Gief matchup so cheers man!

Yeah man ggs. It's a tough match for Viper, I'd advise ya to read up on it on SRK or something (not sure if the Viper subforum is any good). That Viper mirror was intense though... I just pick her because i want to do cool combos but then I realise I can't get in the position to do any cause i'm so awful with her. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Viper is god damn hard to play and Gief is an awful match up. Need The Witch to give out some lessons.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah man ggs. It's a tough match for Viper, I'd advise ya to read up on it on SRK or something (not sure if the Viper subforum is any good). That Viper mirror was intense though... I just pick her because i want to do cool combos but then I realise I can't get in the position to do any cause i'm so awful with her. :pac:

Yeh for some reason Viper mirrors are always mental.

Azza wrote: »
    Viper is god damn hard to play and Gief is an awful match up. Need The Witch to give out some lessons.

Yeh I've to get her standard stuff down to be in with any chance of playing her. Even sitting practicing it in training is rock hard as the timing on some of her combos is evil.

gg's to Palorin.

Tricky Gen. Never know what angle he's coming from with such a low jump arc!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

calm down there posty
    i havet had any good games in a while

laggy on xbox , g1 fags
    and windows one is too slow

bad games to everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

GG's tonight Azza. Very back and forth. Havent really played at all since christmas so it was nice to get a couple games in.

Still tough as ever when Bison gets you in the corner but I felt I did well enough to mitigate the damage on most occasions. Ofcourse occasionally I would get beasted in the corner but thats just par for the course when playing rushdownies like bison and cammy. :)

Bison isn't a rushdown character in SF IV. Just against Dhalsim he can't afford to let get away from him because his zoning game is so strong. Once he gets in which is hard to go he's got pressure Sim like there is no tomorrow.

Its alot worse against Cammy. Not only does she do way more damage when she gets her corner lockdown going her lockdown is much more complete than Bisons with her Cannon Strikes because its active till the ground, where its very simply for Bison to miss his meaty attack with c.lk as its only got 2 active frames and if he does that Sim has a good chance to reset the screen and Bison has a hard time getting back through Sims normals and goldy anti air normals.

Its really a question of who makes more mistakes. Bison needs one from Sim to get in and Sim needs from Bison to get out. Its pretty rare that Sim can hold Bison off without letting him in once and its pretty rare that Bison finishes Sim on a single occasion so both players really needs to relie on mistakes, but they do come.

Least option select slide is very usefull for Bison in the Sim match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

GG's to Azza,

Sorry it was such a short set, woulda loved to get a few more games in, think those tips you gave me on the honda v bison matchup are paying off, (Down back for the win.)

Yeah not alot Bison can do to crack a turtling Honda except out turtle him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Doesn't honda have issues against devils reverse? I seem to remember a few honda's on srk moaning about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Standing fierce does good a great job of stuffing it and trades vast majority of times with it at worst.

Devils Reverse is a garbage move because it’s enormously telegraphed but its particularly useless against Honda.

Honda can score a free HP or EX.Headbutt when Bison lands no matter the distance so Bison can't use it to build meter with it like he can in some other matches.

If Bison attempts to hit Honda with it, he can as A-Trak said using standing fierce. Ex.Headbutt will kill it either or like everyone else Honda can simply FA it to score a free crumple.

Oh azza one thing I forgot to mention about our fights where you were seth.

When you'd do the whole sonic boom utlra thing. Really seemed like the only way I could avoid getting ultrad was to block the sonic boom as avoiding it always got my sucked into seths belly. Sometimes pushing me into the sonic boom 1st along the way :p

Still the utlra does about the same damage a roundhouse does to seth :p

Yeah, once Seth has ultra and you're fullscreen away, just resign yourself to the fact that if you want to get in on him, you're going to eat it at some point. With Gief imo it's best to just eat it early so it wont **** you over just as the timer is running out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Trying to get in on Azza's Seth with Sakura is fking tedious as all hell.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yeah, once Seth has ultra and you're fullscreen away, just resign yourself to the fact that if you want to get in on him, you're going to eat it at some point. With Gief imo it's best to just eat it early so it wont **** you over just as the timer is running out.

hehe yeah this is pretty much what I did. Neutral jumping over booms while I was full screen away still resulted in the ultra landing on me, as well as focusing the booms and so forth. So it just pretty much seemed like I'd have to let the booms hit me and block them, in order to block seths ultra.

Of course obviously the seth needs to have good timing on when he does his ultra which azza has, I've played other seths and just jumped forward from booms and held block , blocking the ultra np.

@Xinkai, yeah t'was just one big massive game of chasing. Most matches only had a few seconds left on the clock when they ended hehe.

Seth is just one of those pain in the ass characters like Dhalsim where you greatest weapon is paitence. Unlike Dhalsim Seth has a godly offense to go with his insanly good zoning game.

There is very few ways through Seths zoning game.

If your full screen away and Seth has his ultra jumping over the Booms even neutral jumping will make you eat the ultra.

The only thing Ryu or Akuma could do for instance is try and bait the Ultra out by jumping foward and at the last second performing an ex.tatsu to stay in the air and make his ultra whiff under you. Of course the Seth player might see this coming and delay his ultra and simply nail you when you land.

Sim can simply teleport behind Seth when he is the air but for alot of the cast its very hard to deal with.

Thankfully its like the second weakest ultra in the game damage wise only Sims is worse.

Best case scenario if it fully connect its does between 243-340 damage.
    However due to the juggle properties and the fact that Seths ultra is technically a grab if Seth pushes you back into a sonic boom the first part of his ultra (the bit inside his stomach) does no damage meaning up to 188 of the ultra damage does not work. You get 60 damage off a boom so the max damage Seth can score off his ultra trap is 248, but usually it will be a little bit less.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

I'd never seen that Ultra/Boom combo before last night. It had me in fits of giggles every time I got nailed by it. Definitely one of the most entertaining combos I've ever seen XD

How is it a grab? You can block it...

• Advertisement

I dunno exactly I read somewhere it was to do with grabs and juggle properties that cause the first part of Seth ultra not to work if he pushes his opponent back into a boom.

Advertisement