Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Its pretty easy to avoid as dhalsim as I can teleport out of it. I think I ate it once in like 6 games. Not a bad ratio.

And while its damage is poor, its more than most people think it is. People see the bar go down when he shoots you out and think its nothing. Most people dont notice the damage done when you are spinning in his stomach as the camera is zoomed in. It does damage then too.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

It doesn't do damage in his stomach off a push back into boom or sometimes off a c.hp, which I think is a glitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Sisko wrote: »
    Oh azza one thing I forgot to mention about our fights where you were seth.

When you'd do the whole sonic boom utlra thing. Really seemed like the only way I could avoid getting ultrad was to block the sonic boom as avoiding it always got my sucked into seths belly. Sometimes pushing me into the sonic boom 1st along the way :p

Still the utlra does about the same damage a roundhouse does to seth :p

Seth's Ultra does half damage if it pushes you into a boom, so if you have enough health it's best to jump the boom and eat the half damage Ultra that is already weak to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Or sneakily throw out a move that'll make you land on the boom and get knocked down so the ultra whiffs. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Hey redman, sorry for the delay, been busy with a few other things for the last week.

I finally got around to uploading some of our matches, the playlist is here:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=04DAED2616509076

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to Azza just now, my first set of GFWL games

Really good Bison, liking the matchup but I needa work on some stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

RopeDrink wrote: »

@2:46. Holy ****! XD Talk about a turnaround.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

GG to Bush last night. My net is epic fail right now but had fun testing my Honda :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

GGS, I wondered where you went.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭FoamyMushroom

GGs to i am the wal..

I so need more Honda exp :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Speaking of good games, I had the good fortune of bumping into Evil Rashaan in Championship mode the other day.

Recognised the name instantly when he came into my room from the streams. I took the first round off of him with some truly silky sim zoning and actually thought I had a chance of winning :o. Then he broke out some gief combo's I hadn't really seen before and took the next two rounds for the win.

We ended up having a couple more games and chatted for a bit over live. Nice fellow. I asked him if he was coming to cannes and he said he wasn't but that he wanted to live in europe one day :p

Anyway, just thought I'd share that. Was cool to bump into a guy I remember watching at evo etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

EMP is the empire arcadia tag, Chris Hu is the amusing asian commentator that does the battlefield arcadia streams (good Ryu also).

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Aye I know, hence I mentioned his name - Ironically he popped into my Arcade Req yet again and played Sagat, Zangief, Ryu, Ken and Seth against my Boxer and, regrettably, the most I could do was take the odd round off him (3 round limit) but didn't pull out any wins.

I asked him if he was the real C-Hu and he admitted he wasn't, though he gave the tagname and platform of the actual C-Hu on XBL (Or was it PSN, can't remember) and exchanged some pleasantries - Either way, the player was pretty solid so I'd recommend people give him a shot if they see EMP Chris Hu floating around on GFWL.

I do believe the o O Rico Suave O o was genuine, however, though I didn't get a chance to see if the PMatch invite was from GFWL or XBL (I often get random invites for PMatches from XBL players despite being unable to play cross-platform) but the bloke had a crap load of Gamer Points, the big bad Abel Avatar and the exact same name from all the movies on YouTube so I'll just assume that one was genuine at least ;)

Wonder how many other 'celebs' are floating around publicly...
    EMP Sabin is definitely Arturo Sanchez, I know this because he went on SRK forums and bitched about it when I beat him on LIVE!! He later apologized for being a dick....which was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

Would be classic all right to bump into a well known player like that in an online game. I'd say the PC version is the least likley platform for this to happen on though..

Why the feck would people pretend to be someone they are not anyway? bah, although yeah I've seen a million daigos online at this stage :p

@ Ken B, hahaha classic, you should seriously start your own hate mail thread on here man, you've many classic storys of people getting raged at losing to your vega.

I'd say that makes playing vega almost worth it hehehe :cool:

Ive seen a chris hu nyc tag on live or psn, I joined but he kicked me. Its was 2 bars in fairness

Sisko wrote: »
    Would be classic all right to bump into a well known player like that in an online game. I'd say the PC version is the least likley platform for this to happen on though..

Why the feck would people pretend to be someone they are not anyway? bah, although yeah I've seen a million daigos online at this stage :p

@ Ken B, hahaha classic, you should seriously start your own hate mail thread on here man, you've many classic storys of people getting raged at losing to your vega.

I'd say that makes playing vega almost worth it hehehe :cool:
    Ihave a load of Spanish hate mail at the moment.....so translations would be welcome!

Spanish hate mail? Jaysus you think they'd respect someone pwning with the only Spanish character for them. Pssh ungrateful mofos :p

Playing Vega is like the special olympics

Even if you win you're still retarded :pac:

jk obv. But yeah man start a thread about it, would own so hard

GGs to Leimrod, was fun :)

Btw my net DCed there at the end man, needed a break anyway so GGs

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Ken B wrote: »
    EMP Sabin is definitely Arturo Sanchez, I know this because he went on SRK forums and bitched about it when I beat him on LIVE!! He later apologized for being a dick....which was cool.

Any links to that?

Would be interesting to see what he had to say about your annoying Vega.

• Advertisement

yeah what chopper said

Any links to that?

Would be interesting to see what he had to say about your annoying Vega.
    Ironically, he beat me last night!:eek: Really close.....he never gives me Sim...:(

PS:I'll see if I can find that post.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Ken B wrote: »
    Ironically, he beat me last night!:eek: Really close.....he never gives me Sim...:(

PS:I'll see if I can find that post.....

He Beat Daigo with his Sim in a money match you can youtube the whole series I'll just post one link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRRaw4ax9CM

Pretty tough Seth too I've seen.

Oh yeh and this -> http://streetfighter4secrets.com/

Seems he's selling his Sim strategies also. Buy them and maybe you'll take him next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Ramza wrote: »
    GGs to Leimrod, was fun :)

Btw my net DCed there at the end man, needed a break anyway so GGs

Yeah it was weird, it started lagging really bad though near the end so that match or the next was probably going to be my last for the night anyway. ggs though. I only copped on to start option selecting those Ken kara throws in the last few matches. They really mess with your head.

Your Akuma is very good though. How come you didn't play more with him?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Your Akuma is very good though. How come you didn't play more with him?

Nah Ken is my main I only mess with Ryu and Gouki on a general level :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I haven't played SF4 for about 4 months due to a rediculous obsession with MW2 but all the talk of Cannes and regular meet-ups in Limerick has reignited my interest. Played a good number of boardsies over the last 2 evenings.

Played HugeBasher in some good friendlies, very passionate about learning the game and even though I'm a pretty average Ryu player, I think we had a good session.

Played Bush last night and had some very good Ryu vs Ken matches. Thanks to Bush for pointing out that I was using Cr.Hk too much, a habit I seem to have started using again. Back to Cr.Mk from now on :). Very nice Ken, very envious by your ability to constantly hit your links.

After that advice, went and played lenjeb (sic?). Avoided using Cr.Hk and we had some great games. I played alot of Cammy here who I want to get proficient with.

GG to all. If ye have any comments on my play style, please post. Good or bad, it's al feedback :)

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Played Bush last night and had some very good Ryu vs Ken matches. Thanks to Bush for pointing out that I was using Cr.Hk too much, a habit I seem to have started using again. Back to Cr.Mk from now on :). Very nice Ken, very envious by your ability to constantly hit your links.

Ya those sweeps are really unsafe. I know with chun she can ultra them and blanka can probably ball them. I think the best I could do with ken was the step kick. You waste a lot of ex too, like you would cross up and use ex tatsu even though I had blocked the cross up.
    My execution has come along way to the point I can actually do combos now :pac:
    Ive put a lot of time into it but still a lot of work to do.

Bush80 wrote: »
    Ya those sweeps are really unsafe. I know with chun she can ultra them and blanka can probably ball them. I think the best I could do with ken was the step kick. You waste a lot of ex too, like you would cross up and use ex tatsu even though I had blocked the cross up.
    My execution has come along way to the point I can actually do combos now :pac:
    Ive put a lot of time into it but still a lot of work to do.

Thanks,
    There was one game when you successfully poked me with mk everytime you blocked the C.HK when I said to myself "must stop that".

Yeah, you are right, I did actually waste alot of ex. When I was playing regularly, I would go for cr. lk, cr. lp, cr. hp, ex tatsu/hadoken after crossup, but my timing is way out due to practice. Once I get back training, I won't be wasting as much. Good obsrvation though, thanks.

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Thanks,
    There was one game when you successfully poked me with mk everytime you blocked the C.HK when I said to myself "must stop that".

lol ye, I was making it my business to show you it was unsafe.

• Advertisement

Bush80 wrote: »
    lol ye, I was making it my business to show you it was unsafe.

Lol, I took it as such! There was a particular game when I did it 4 times in a row to see if it was 100% unsafe. Got my answer :p

Advertisement