Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

GGs to Araforn/Banjo B, those tick throws destroyed me, I really need new buttons for this mo-fo'n stick! You still outplayed me most of the time.

That overhead spin kick thing loop you raped me with that one round was cause my stoopid flatmate wouldn't go away. And then there was the dhalsim accident :P

Well worth the time though, I'm just not patient enough for the match up yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    GGs to Araforn/Banjo B, those tick throws destroyed me, I really need new buttons for this mo-fo'n stick! You still outplayed me most of the time.

That overhead spin kick thing loop you raped me with that one round was cause my stoopid flatmate wouldn't go away. And then there was the dhalsim accident :P

Well worth the time though, I'm just not patient enough for the match up yet.

yeah good games man. I still can't believe how ****e I am with everyone else but I enjoyed the chun/honda matches. Was gettin down to the wire in the last few. Gotta keep that fatboy away at all costs !!!. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

ggs Redman.

But jesus man, have you memorised every combo in the book? When you got one going I might as well stop playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Jumpy wrote: »
    ggs Redman.

But jesus man, have you memorised every combo in the book? When you got one going I might as well stop playing.

ggs man, what can I say, I love doing fancy combos :P

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

GG's to Ramza and The Witch yesterday, have to admit Ramza you learn fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Azza wrote: »
    GG's to Ramza and The Witch yesterday, have to admit Ramza you learn fast.

GGz Azza, although I have to say the PC version is working wonders for me. I know online is online but since we live so close we usually get 5/4 bars, but sometimes when I win I felt like I shouldn't of for some reason. Think I'm finally starting to get into the game proper, took me some time anyway :pac:

Good games to bush 2day. Is there anyone that he's not good with. Some v nice and damaging combos with Ken.some close games too.

Good games also to junk buster. An Irish akuma player that doesn't post here I don't think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

BanjoB wrote: »
    Good games to bush 2day. Is there anyone that he's not good with. Some v nice and damaging combos with Ken.some close games too.

Good games also to junk buster. An Irish akuma player that doesn't post here I don't think.

Ggs dude, your chun li is good. Been playing a lot of ken for the last couple of weeks, hes fun.

Best insult i got lately was when i was rufus. The dude sends me a message saying rufus must be irish, red hair, fat and ugly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Bush80 wrote: »
    Best insult i got lately was when i was rufus. The dude sends me a message saying rufus must be irish, red hair, fat and ugly :pac:

That really is offensive, some Irish people don't have red hair ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Ahahash~ Man I love guys who call hack when they see Cammy backhanding through fireballs. We were in stitches the first time we got hatemail like that XD
    It went something like
    Dope wrote: »
    Nice game fag. I saw you pass through that fireball with your hacks, say goodbye to your account

People are idiots

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

GGs to all the players I tried to play but failed. For some reason I cannot get into a lobby with some boardsies. Azza and myself tried a number of times but to no avail.

Ken B, sorry I had to ancel our set but I wanted to try and fix this issue as it was beginning to annoy me!

Will try again tonight.

GGs to sisko earlier, one or two dcs but was good

Randomed Ken twice in a row ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

GG's to Banjo B with his geebag of a chun.

Rushdown / zone / rush down / zone KO Fatman.

Great games, exceptionally well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had some good 3rd Strike sessions with Ramza & Dreddy there.
    Pity about our desynch probs, Ramza!

Also they kicked my arse.

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Had some good 3rd Strike sessions with Ramza & Dreddy there.
    Pity about our desynch probs, Ramza!

Also they kicked my arse.

GGs man. DS is so gay, no idea what is causing it. Pity I can't use GGPO anymore =[

A-Trak wrote: »
    GG's to Banjo B with his geebag of a chun.

Rushdown / zone / rush down / zone KO Fatman.

Great games, exceptionally well played.
    Thanks man.
    Really enjoyed those games. When your honda gets in close, its round over for me so i gotta keep him away and chun has a lot of tools against him for that. Good to get experience with an excellent honda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

GG's Sisko for letting me train my Crap Viper against you for a while :)

GG's to Lazlo too. Bison's Headstomp is actually broken!!! Still I'm pretty happy with how I played even if my bread and butter stuff isn't coming out yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭lazlo

GGs Ry a rare treat it is to play a Viper :)

• Advertisement

GG's Azza. You've opened my eyes as to why this game is not for me. :)

I would not worry about it. C.Viper is a very hard character to play and Bison is a terrible match up for her.

Yeh Seth, Rose, Vega and Dan too?

lolz

You forgot Guile ;)

You forgot Guile ;)

Ha I did. I knew I left one out.

Seriously why does being beaten like that put you off the game?

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Does the same to me. It's depressing seeing the level others are at despite all your work, and knowing that you'll probably never reach that height.

Seriously why does being beaten like that put you off the game?

Because I try so hard with higher expectations of myself only to fail so badly that I get so stressed I question why I put myself through it and if it's worth it or not.
    The training for hours on execution and timing and inputs, all to be dashed and end up showing no sign of improvement to myself whatsoever.

I find this very hard to deal with calmly.

Dark Onion wrote:
    Does the same to me. It's depressing seeing the level others are at despite all your work, and knowing that you'll probably never reach that height.
    Ry wrote:
    Because I try so hard with higher expectations of myself only to fail so badly that I get so stressed I question why I put myself through it and if it's worth it or not.
    The training for hours on execution and timing and inputs, all to be dashed and end up showing no sign of improvement to myself whatsoever.

I find this very hard to deal with calmly.

Okay you both say your putting in alot of effort into improving?

What does your training consist of?
    How much training do you do?
    How many games have you played overall?
    Do you read match up guides and watch videos of match ups?
    What do you reckon is your knowledge of match ups for your particular character?

• Advertisement

Okay you both say your putting in alot of effort into improving?

What does your training consist of?
    How much training do you do?
    How many games have you played overall?
    Do you read match up guides and watch videos of match ups?
    What do you reckon is your knowledge of match ups for your particular character?

Since my return from France every day I've spent at least 4 to 5 hours and more today practicing in the training room working on links and combos and general bread and butter stuff for Viper after which I'd play against others online (from my friends list if I could find someone) in player matches to moderate success which I was content with. My goal was to get to a level where I could play confidently with a level of in-game conciousness where I could acknowledge the need for a specific move/tactic call on a it at the right time and execute it confidently and successfully at will rather than getting confused and floundering.

Ive a dedicated Firefox client littered with tabs on matchups and relevant youtube videos on specific combos i.e. Fierce Feint Fierce and on overall gameplay.

My knowledge of matchups?
    Almost nil on this front but even then I expect to do better than I have based on the progress I thought I'd made on execution practice and research.
    I know I've improved since last week alone but I had hoped it was by a greater margin. A margin I could notice and be glad of. Seeing that I perhaps have not improved as much as I had hoped demoralises me greatly and I feel totally defeated. I have trouble turning that around into a feeling of "need more work" or "must improve x, y or z" even though I know this is how one should look at it but even when I know this in my head I can't will myself to think it and can only acknowledge it's how I should feel rather than actually allow myself to. Instead I feel frustration and if it's someone I don't know online, often rage too at my lack of skill.

It's psychological for the most part I think. I understand "these things take time", "there's always someone who will beat you", "I should learn from my mistakes/losses" and a plethora of other well known and true sayings or titbits of advice yet I still can't accept defeat if A: I thought I had a slight chance of doing better than I did and B: It's decisive.

Advertisement