Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Yes but as mentioned, I had a chiwuawa.

... anyway, Xbox is sooo much smoother to play on than PSN. Reckon you;ll be seeing alot more of me in the future :)

It sure is, playing on psn is pure torture.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Ggs Onion!

I managed to take a round or two so I'm happy!

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Ah that was yourself! Yes indeed, ggs, you've a bit to learn, but then so do I! Always good to fight Abel too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

Yeah I've miles to go and so many bad habits to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

ggs onion that honda is a scary beast..

i was cannon spiking like a mental case when i was playing cammy she seems great in the training room, but i had a hard time getting damage on you with her.
    anyways ggs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 supersquaddy

ggs bush, nice playing as always. Actually thought maybe i had progressed in the chun matchup but then you adjusted lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to Red just now. I seem to have gotten better at stick (but still suck T_T)

Funny randoms at the end too

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

gg's azza. That crouching short in the corner is a menace. The fact that backdashing works is pretty funny....but usually eat the throw after it. :D

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Yeah Sim has a hard time dealing with c.lk in the corner.

Still have few kinks in that match to work out. The starting animation of Sim's Ultra when I'm waking throws off my reversal timing quite abit, need to work on that.

Also irratating how many times I manage to whiff the c.lk meaty and get thrown.

Anyways GGs.

meducation wrote: »
    ggs onion that honda is a scary beast..

i was cannon spiking like a mental case when i was playing cammy she seems great in the training room, but i had a hard time getting damage on you with her.
    anyways ggs
    Ryu is really solid, if you could srk on reaction when I jump in you'd have me in a tough place.

As for Cammy, I think I was using Seth for that one, and he's pretty slippy. You won that anyway!

• Advertisement

ggs bush, nice playing as always. Actually thought maybe i had progressed in the chun matchup but then you adjusted lol.

Ggs dude, good to see ya found this place. Chun has a little trick against sagat after a throw. If she dashes and jumps at him with fp he cannot do anything but block. If sagat dps it whiffs and i can do what i want. I caught you a few times with it so keep an eye out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

Good games to cobelcog this evenin. I was feelin lucky at the start but those combos made me suffer in the end. gg's man.
    Good games also to doom.. havent had much experience against guile so that was a learner for me!! Gotta learn to keep patient. :)

Bush wrote:
    Chun has a little trick against sagat after a throw. If she dashes and jumps at him with fp he cannot do anything but block. If sagat dps it whiffs and i can do what i want. I caught you a few times with it so keep an eye out for it.

Everyone has that trick against Sagat. His TU is 5 frame start up so it can be safe jumped. Just like Chuns EX.SBK :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Good games to Irish Cammy (1 victory over his cammy! ONE!!!), A-trak (the end of the honda mirror was funny), Banjob (Such a lame chun li, nearly brought a tear to my eye it was so beautiful) and Sagat (still having trouble with bloody blanka).

Azza wrote: »
    Everyone has that trick against Sagat. His TU is 5 frame start up so it can be safe jumped. Just like Chuns EX.SBK :D

Ya but with this his dp completely whiffs and he ends up on the other side. I havent seen any other character do that, usually the dp ends up being blocked. Can other characters make it whiff?

Banjob (Such a lame chun li, nearly brought a tear to my eye it was so beautiful).

I was havin an off day..... Honest. Iol. I'll come prepared next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Red350

Ramza wrote: »
    GGs to Red just now. I seem to have gotten better at stick (but still suck T_T)

Funny randoms at the end too

GGs man, you're learning a lot faster than I did on stick, only thing I noticed you messing up was teching throws after a whiffed crossup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Goos games to Sagat06. While I didnt nothing with SF4 since Christmas, it's clear what this guy has been up to. Was expecting Blanka, got Ryu, Honda and ElFuerte, all played very well.

I need more practice against you!

Bush wrote:
    Ya but with this his dp completely whiffs and he ends up on the other side. I havent seen any other character do that, usually the dp ends up being blocked. Can other characters make it whiff?

Bison can make Sagats MP and HP Tiger Uppercuts whiffs with his jumping fierce and beat his LP Tiger Uppercut clean. Sagat however can do a non reversal Tiger Uppercut to beat it, which auto corrects and beats it. I'd imagine he can do the same to Chun.

Bison can do the same to Ryu and Akuma. But Ryu can dash out under, and Akuma can simply teleport.

Bison can make Sagats MP and HP Tiger Uppercuts whiffs with his jumping fierce and beat his LP Tiger Uppercut clean. Sagat however can do a non reversal Tiger Uppercut to beat it, which auto corrects and beats it. I'd imagine he can do the same to Chun.

Bison can do the same to Ryu and Akuma. But Ryu can dash out under, and Akuma can simply teleport.

As far as i know its completely safe with chun li, ive never had anyone hit me anyway and all his dps whiff. I dont see how an auto correct could beat it cos if he does it late I would be after landing in front of him already. The timing is not even hard, its piss easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

GGs to Doom - I think its just experience in the Blanka Guile matchup at the moment, I play a couple of really solid guiles fairly regularly, plus I can go under your boom so you cannot grab me with that broken airthrow :p but that Honda match is there anything he can do??

GGs to Futureguy, yeah basically I have been vegging in front of the xbox with sf4 in :D, you still playing much hd remix?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

BanjoB wrote: »
    I was havin an off day..... Honest. Iol. I'll come prepared next time :)

Part of the problem is you were playing my game- you played a projectile war with me, which you're always going to lose, then I sat on life lead waiting for you to push forward so I could attack when you had ultra. Chun's good at laming but it's what Guile is built for from the ground up.
    Sagat06 wrote: »
    GGs to Doom - I think its just experience in the Blanka Guile matchup at the moment, I play a couple of really solid guiles fairly regularly, plus I can go under your boom so you cannot grab me with that broken airthrow :p but that Honda match is there anything he can do??

Grand so I will blame these other Guiles :)

No in all seriousness it's nice to have the much higher level of competition on XBox.

Guile Honda is a hard match for Honda at the best of times, but the lamer the Guile is the harder it is for Honda and...well... I like my lame.

Most guides say the way to do it is to not fear the sonic boom. Honda's got enough health to take chip all day and you only need to get to Guile once or twice to end the fight. But once you jump you're Guiles, he recovers instantly from the boom and even excepting the air throw he has some good AA normals.

That's easier said than done though, last inferno I went through three Honda's in a row and not for one second do I think I am better than them.

GG's to hound. Excellent player. One of the best Irish players I have played.
    Very good with a a big assortment of characters.

Also GG's to Dreddy in 3S, not that I had a clue what I was doing. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

feck sake another cobelcog? Damn at least he finally found us , better late then never eh? :D

GG's to hound. Excellent player. One of the best Irish players I have played.
    Very good with a a big assortment of characters.
    I think I speak for all the average to good people on the forum when I say

BOLLOCKS

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Yeah he hammered me in a series of matches the other week. Least I think it was him.

Finished 16-1 in his favour.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Had WAY too many games of 3S against D4rk_Onion there.
    His Urien, Necro & Makoto aren't bad at all!

Also GGs to Dreddy in ST -- I'll win the mirror matches yet!!

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Had WAY too many games of 3S against D4RK ONION there.
    His Urien, Necro & Makoto aren't bad at all!
    It was one hell of a session alright! Still new to 3S, been playing about a month and a half, but Urien was definitely the most fun, I still reckon you must be able to punish roundhouse shoulder-dash (thing :P) on block!

It was nice to finally play Q, I reckon you should get those 3 taunts in at the start of every round as soon as possible. It's worth taking a hit or two for. SA3 was hilarious though :P And work on that command throw to dash punch!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I still reckon you must be able to punish roundhouse shoulder-dash (thing :P) on block!

you most definitely can

• Advertisement

Good games with doom last night.
    Seems like the rounds went on forever!.

Advertisement