Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yea from watching you play Cunny I think you definitely have above-average execution

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Cunny's got really good execution. Some rounds he only needs 2 ins at you. Got to watch him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

GG to sagat09

and ramza, jesus fast ken, very close ones, wish they were taped.
    Id have given you a better game but im well exhausted also just after played sagat [cant beat that blanka]

Bloody hell.

Azza's a bastard.

I mean that in the nicest possible way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

bush wrote: »
    Ggs. I wouldnt be angry at your execution if I was you, ya pull off some hard links. Much better execution than I have anyway, I can only do basic combos and I still mess them up.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Yea from watching you play Cunny I think you definitely have above-average execution
    Cunny's got really good execution. Some rounds he only needs 2 ins at you. Got to watch him :)

Wtf?:o lol okay I've gotten alright at some combos although I can't go from a jab to ultra, but I reckon whats going on here is that you guys probably wouldn't notice when I tried something and it didn't come off. I was playing Ryan and he mentioned how he messed up his execution and I probably noticed, which I didnt... so I guess often other things come out that probably look like its intentional.

When I'm bitching about my execution though I'm not really talking about combos, more standard game play inputs that I'll **** up (like ultra) I'll go for a grab or an over head and a point blank fireball will come out, or worse a super. I wasted a lot of supers playing Bush recently actually. Sometimes I'd go to dash forward , then instantly block, only to have ryu jump in the air like a knob. Sometimes if I'm doing an fireball> FADC thing, I'll mess it up and instead my ryu will start dashing into the other guy as if all I pressed was forward forward forward over and over.
    One thing that happens a lot is the fireball fadc into lowmk > ex tatsu. A ****ty sweep will come out instead cause I was too fast inputting on my left hand. But thats no big deal as at least im still doing damage.

But yeah cheers for the complements, :D I can pull off some of ryus links often but they're not massively game changing where as whiffed ultra will often cost me the round. (cause I spend the next few second going "AAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHH" :p)

The best thing about getting off ryus combos is just the fact that you can then use it for mind games, and mix it up with throws. I'm not able to dragon punch from them for some reason, so no ultra for me, the ex fireball thing is pretty hard also. I dunno if being on a pad makes these combos easier or harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Conor, Ry said you were ****e. ;)
    il take you on tomorrow :D

btw how do you plan on playing :( ps3 vs xbox issue

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Placebo wrote: »
    GG to sagat09

Id have given you a better game but im well exhausted also just after played sagat [cant beat that blanka]

Cheers man your Chun is getting stronger!

@Ramza - jeez man you've got some seriously good execution going on there. Get a bit of experience under your belt and you'll be flying!!

Conor, Ry said you were ****e. ;)
    il take you on tomorrow :D

btw how do you plan on playing :( ps3 vs xbox issue

I'll bring my ps1 pad too in case someone has a converter, but apart from that, usually someone would have to borrow a ps3 stick to play me, or use a ps3 pad if they can use one, or madcatz/saturn pad.
    The only other option is play on the PC version on my laptop.... I dunno if I'm arsed bringing that and while SF4 runs fine on it, i've never played sf4 on it for a sustained amount of time so I dunno......

Thats pretty much it, I'm not doing that stick noob versus stick noob ****e again thats for sure :pac: But that issue only comes up if I have to play someone who can only use a 360 pad and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GG to sagat09

GGs man, good chun. Altho, some criticism (I don't play Chun but this is just on a general level)

I noticed you EX Bird all the time on wakeup. I empty jumped in, and faked attack you out I'd say at least 20 times. Not only is it a waste of meter, but you're open after it.
    Sagat06 wrote: »
    @Ramza - jeez man you've got some seriously good execution going on there. Get a bit of experience under your belt and you'll be flying!!

Cheers man! Thanks, I practice an awful lot, so glad to know it's paying off lol. I think all I need now is some offline exp. and some friendly tutoring in the right direction

But man, is Blanka a ****! Your blanka is rly good Sagat, I had a lot of trouble with him! GGS ;)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Happened across Xinkai (sp?) in champ mode last night twice. I stole it from him the first time, but he caught me the second match. He tricked me with that hadoken>super combo twice! And both times I knew that's what he was trying to throw out, but I couldn't think of anyway to close the distance :rolleyes: Thoroughly enjoyable matches, and a well played Ryu.

Good games!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Happened across Xinkai (sp?) in champ mode last night twice. I stole it from him the first time, but he caught me the second match. He tricked me with that hadoken>super combo twice! And both times I knew that's what he was trying to throw out, but I couldn't think of anyway to close the distance :rolleyes: Thoroughly enjoyable matches, and a well played Ryu.

Good games!

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH CAN'T BELIEVE I LOST TO A G2-E WTFBBQCAKES!!!! haha

JK man good games u made it hard for me, i'm a player that capitalises on others mistakes, but you played solid & waited me out. Usually every Honda i come acoss starts the round with a headbutt, so i jump back HK to counter, but you waited for me -_-; GG's though

Ha, never underestimate the power of a G2-er who doesn't have enough time to regularly play online and get his stats up ;) we must have a rematch though!

GGs blag, connection in my stick went loose and I could still press buttons but the stick itself wasn't working. Got it fixed up but it's happened a few times before this too so I should figure out a better solution than wiggling the wire. :pac:

Really enjoyed the games anyway, feel like I'm finally getting the hang of the Bison matchup but still have a long way to go before I feel confident in it. Think we were both messing up execution a little more than usual, annoying spurts of lag too, but really awesome games overall.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Ha, never underestimate the power of a G2-er who doesn't have enough time to regularly play online and get his stats up ;) we must have a rematch though!

I'm G2, and proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    GGs blag, connection in my stick went loose and I could still press buttons but the stick itself wasn't working. Got it fixed up but it's happened a few times before this too so I should figure out a better solution than wiggling the wire. :pac:

Really enjoyed the games anyway, feel like I'm finally getting the hang of the Bison matchup but still have a long way to go before I feel confident in it. Think we were both messing up execution a little more than usual, annoying spurts of lag too, but really awesome games overall.

GGs man,they were fun matches ,I was trying to play a bit overly aggressively there at one point and had to really rein myself in:pac:

I'm G2, and proud.

I meant "G2-E"er :D I'm D now though!

Good games to Foamymushroom, that's one seriously tight akuma you're running there, again, sorry about any lag, my set up isn't ideal. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Cobelcog

GGs to bush. I always enjoy our sets, very close and hard-fought most of the time. I see your Blanka's still a menace where one knockdown can do horrible, horrible things to my health bar. I think this was the first time I got some extensive play in against your Chun. Those were some fun matches. Nice job with your use of EX meter btw, every square filled means that I'll end up at the other end of the screen at some point lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye great games. Its nice to be able to hit you with ex sbk and be safe. Ex upball being unsafe on hit makes that matchup a pain in the balls for blanka. They better fix that in super, please for the love of god fix it.
    We should have some more matches soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

GGs to Bush last night. Your Rufus is definitely imroved from the last time we played. The dive kick low kick throw loop thingy was driving me bonkers it has to be said. Gladly I'm starting to feel a little more confident on your Chun, I'm still making a lot of mistakes against you but trying to tighten that up - Random Ultra FTW :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Sagat06 wrote: »
    Random Ultra FTW :D

At least you could do an ultra. I couldnt even do an ultra 99% of the time I tried, really annoying. I wouldnt mind but I was in training mode for ages before I had the games with you. Execution from hell.
    Great games though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

ggs to everyone I played last night...I must have missed the memo when half of boards challenges me to games with a 15-min period! :p

With Foamy, I had 2-bar connection which was flawless, and yet with a 4-bar connection with Bush we were getting a little lag. Could only play 1 game with Ramza and it was dreadfully laggy...we must try again!

GGs

Leprekaun: glad you're finally online! Pity it was laggy, hopefully you don't have it as bad as that with everyone/can fix it.

Relikk: Think it was just an issue of relative matchup knowledge in our games, doing stuff that you can't do aganst Gief (meaty FBs at 1/4-1/3rd screen range etc.) cost you a lot of hp. Would like to get more games in with you in future though, I'm sure as you learn my gimmicky crap you'll do a lot better against me. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Relikk

I know. I've never really played anyone offline on this game as most of my mates had moved on from SF a long time ago. So, 99% of the Giefs I play online aren't anywhere near as competent and solid as yours. I guess I've developed bad habits. It was frustrating the hell out of me to the point where my execution was failing me. FADC's kept fecking up. :p

Enough excuses, anyway. GG. :)

Yeah I felt for you when you were getting EX fireballs/DPs after an FADC... that's why I play a character with easy execution. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,005 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Good games to Kiki earlier.

It's so hard for Akuma to come back once Honda gets a life lead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Yup, it's so hard -- I had to learn on-the-fly what does and doesn't work against your Honda. Needless to say, most things didn't work :rolleyes:

Also GGs to poohbear1234 (aka CodeMonkey on boards) - he's not in here much, is he?

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Also GGs to poohbear1234 (aka CodeMonkey on boards) - he's not in here much, is he?

yeah tis a pity, he had a v.good vega from what I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    GGs to you too. I'm here quite a lot actually. Just more of a lurker most of the time. Less than 900 posts in 7 years :D

Only kinda got back into SF4 recently as I've been busy with other stuff but I don't see many boardsies on PSN playing SF4.

Good games from Cunny earlier. Im in an experimental phase with characters. Was alot of fun.

• Advertisement

Haha cheers, I played extra retardly with my stick today, even with out all the whiffing I still find it much harder to react and punish with it, and my footsie game is out the window. I tend to get random crouching hp's a lot when trying basic low.mk > FB's, drives me nuts. I keep jumping in at people then giving them a free hit with a big dirty slow recovery c.HP :P

I can do this stuff all day in training mode, although one thing I tried again in training and still can't do is ultras from the player 1 side with ryu (FADC into ultras that is) I find dashing forward then the df df motion very unnatural on the stick. Ryu'd be jumping all over the place lol.....sigh still a long way to go but I guess I've not been at it that long in the 1st place.

btw was PSN bad for you at all today too or was it just me? Was trying to play people for 20 mins before you invited me and never finished one match with out it disconnecting (if I could even connect)

Advertisement