Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Games thread?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Did the jump the shark or something? :p Have a hard time believing it was just as good after 5 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Sagat06

GGs Doom, I really enjoyed the games, its good for breaking bad habits cos you cannot jump in on him or you get a flashkick, your cross up has to be early or your air thrown (which I still say is broken) - its pretty mucha case of walk a little block walk a little block or your eating an ex boom to the chops!!

After being zoned to death with Ryu and Honda, I gotta say that I love that blanka shuts down alot of Guiles options :D:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Sagat06 wrote: »
    GGs Doom, I really enjoyed the games, its good for breaking bad habits cos you cannot jump in on him or you get a flashkick, your cross up has to be early or your air thrown (which I still say is broken) - its pretty mucha case of walk a little block walk a little block or your eating an ex boom to the chops!!

After being zoned to death with Ryu and Honda, I gotta say that I love that blanka shuts down alot of Guiles options :D:D

LOL I couldn't resist when you picked Gief! 95% of Giefs have no idea how to fight Guile, and he's like a ragdoll in that situation, much like Honda or Bison. Ryus get over confident in hiding behind hadokens too (I usually win fireball wars through application of EX- the ex boom hits Ryu way more than EX hadoken hits Guile in a trade war, and I use charge buffering so I can stay in it longer than alot of online Guile's you'd meet). I don't know if it's just because I am so used to Ayjay's Ryu but he seems to be quite susceptible to air throw too.

They were really good games, as you said when you fight someone good with a character who exposes your weaknesses it always makes you a bit better.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Kirby wrote: »
    Did the jump the shark or something? :p Have a hard time believing it was just as good after 5 years.
    It got better with every season ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

GGs to Araforn who kicked my ass solid earlier!! The carnage... I felt good just taking a few rounds off the guy. His Chun is sick!!

• Advertisement

GG's to Araforn the other night, a bit more aggressive than usual I noticed... We're going about 50/50 at the moment, alot of time outs still :)

GG's to Kirby as well, pity we were cut short because I get a feeling the mind games were just beginning!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭BanjoB

GGs to Araforn who kicked my ass solid earlier!! The carnage... I felt good just taking a few rounds off the guy. His Chun is sick!!

Good games man. There's a lot better and quality chuns on boards here aswell.
    Cool that your another up and coming chun though. Was v close in some games.

GG's to Araforn the other night, a bit more aggressive than usual I noticed... We're going about 50/50 at the moment, alot of time outs still :)
    Really enjoy those games doom.

Probably the one match where I'm thinkin constantly. Think I got mix up offense and defence but one mistake on the offence though f's me up and resets u.

Hate chasing when u've got considerable life lead. Super'l be interesting too with both our new ultras :)

GGs to Speedhaak. Met him randomly in a player match. Solid player who picked 5 different characters and kicked my ass with them all. I won 1 match in a first to 10. Only 3/4 matches went to 5 rounds. I don't know if he posts here, but he's from Cork, so someone on here must know him!

GG's to farz, jim and future_guy.

They ALL got the sunglasses :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Ah I never knew that was you. Great Guile, must get more games with you. Took 7 games to realise Ryus U2 was KKK not PPP lol.

GG!

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Ah I never knew that was you. Great Guile, must get more games with you. Took 7 games to realise Ryus U2 was KKK not PPP lol.

GG!

No problem, anytime, sometimes my Ryu playing housemate uses that account though so if you challenge me and I'm not booming you know why. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

GGs to orim! Played a few ranked matches against him in super not knowing who he was. caught me with an EX legs into chun-li's U2. The result was not pretty!

GGs to orim! Played a few ranked matches against him in super not knowing who he was. caught me with an EX legs into chun-li's U2. The result was not pretty!

Everything that comes from Chun's EX legs is pretty. Everything!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

guess again, do you actually think im that bad? LOL
    if you dont see chun, it aint me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

GGs to red and hound earlier

Hound your Adon is really good, can't wait to get to grips with this game

GGs to Araforn last night! Managed to win a few this time! I can't handle your Ryu or Sagat... And you don't even main them. Look forward to seeing your SSF:IV Chun :)

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Generic_name01

Many many GGs to dark onion. Played ssf4 for about 11 hours straight! Really enjoyed our Cody versus Guy matches! Really liking guy and T.Hawk! Looking forward to getting the hang of them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Great games there A-Trak. Your Honda is a tough one to crack.

I'm finding T-hawk very one way or the other in fights. Either I get in there and end it quickly or I get zoned out completely. Good Juri's are pretty hard.

I'm having much more joy with dhalsim but I still suck with Hawk so that might change over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

GG's to Chunkis and Ayjayirl today in XGC :) Figured I'd say it here cuz I don't play online at all really anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Was in a lobby with Dark onion earlier. Sorry dude had to bail as the connection didn't seem that great. Some of my moves weren't coming out!

Nice execution with Honda though.

Was in a lobby with Dark onion earlier. Sorry dude had to bail as the connection didn't seem that great. Some of my moves weren't coming out!

Nice execution with Honda though.
    Ah, I thought you might be Slurms :) Thanks, my Honda hands seem to have fallen a bit, although that could be the tiny tiny TV I'm playing on at my parents house. You were playing Guy right? That's some seriously impressive links you had going on there, hope to get a lot more games in with you! Sagat0something was in that room as well, great games to him, sorry I cheaped out and picked Honda :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Don't be impressed by Guy, most of the "links" were chain cancels! but still, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Ken B

GGS to Bush, frightening Cody....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

My housemate was playing the other day and kept going on about how he was getting destroyed by some Irish Cody player. Turned out it was Bush, so good job demoralizing my housemate there! =D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

:pac:

Just getting away with new character gimmicks while it lasts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Kirby Kirby Kirby, I can see your inputs in replays, turn off your turbos...

Kirby Kirby Kirby, I can see your inputs in replays, turn off your turbos...
    It's all coming out now :eek:

:D

You can hardly have a go at me for messing in a mess about. My fingers demand it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Using turbo online consistently in the long run is only going handicap you when you play in XGC tournaments without it.

Would also be nice to play on a level playing field.

Advertisement